2008 Royals - Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox Grad
    I have wondered why we haven't gone after Kyle Lohse. He is young and a good pitcher. The only thing I can think is b/c he is a righty and he have enough righties, but we keep signing them.
    Lohse wants $10 million a season. Thats probably why the Royals don't want to sign him.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      We made it to the caravan at 5pm and the line was LONG! They were only supposed to be there until 5:30 but they said they would stick around until everyone made it through. My son got autographs from Joey Gathright, David DeJesus, Billy Butler, Dennis Leonard, Al Fitzmoris and some guy named Steve Spencer (broadcaster???).

Did you have him jump over your car?

Comment

ASM, you have no idea how close I was to asking, "So, when did you last jump over a car?"

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
          Tomko=Scott Elarton=Mark Redman=Darrell May=Albie Lopez= ...
          FYP, although I think Tomko has the best stuff of all these guys. Whatever that's worth.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

At least we're not counting on him to be our #3 starter. Then he would be equal to all those egg-tossers.

#5 starter/bullpen.

I forgot to add that DM is hopeful that Hochevar will get into the rotation at some point this season.

Comment

one thing is for certain, this season should be an improvement over last :good:
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

At least we're not counting on him to be our #3 starter. Then he would be equal to all those egg-tossers.

#5 starter/bullpen.

I forgot to add that DM is hopeful that Hochevar will get into the rotation at some point this season.
                Hey thats unfair to Elarton remember it wasnt that long ago when he was opening day stud.

:D

Hochevar will be in at least mid season I think.

Now if we can just get FSNHD here.

Comment

Did you hear FSN is creating a FSN Kansas City, set to start when the Royals begin?

140 games on the tube, baby!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                      It's about freaking time. I hate the fact that FSN Midwest is nothing more than FSN St. Louis. They just don't call it that.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It shouldn`t change much. Not like Wichita got Cardinals game.

I`m hoping to see better picture quality for Royals games.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          Originally posted by BenWSU
                          It's about freaking time. I hate the fact that FSN Midwest is nothing more than FSN St. Louis. They just don't call it that.
                          LOL! I just woke with the wife with my cackle at this news. It is long over due indeed!

YES! (I am a geek I know!)

Comment

Did you hear FSN is creating a FSN Kansas City, set to start when the Royals begin?

140 games on the tube, baby!
                            Royal, you're on DirecTv aren't you? I have the sports package but must confess to only watching a couple of hours a week and it's usually sports or Mad Men when they were on. So it's 140 on the dish.It's about time!

Comment

I'm on DirecTV now. I was on DISH (which I like MUCH better). I think on DirecTV, what is now FSN Midwest will just become FSN KC - same channel.

Comment

Some info on Alberto Callaspo.

Acquired for pitcher Billy Buckner in December, Kansas City has a second baseman (Mark Grudzielanek) in his last year and a shortstop who just can't hit a lick (Tony Pena Jr.). Callaspo had nearly twice as many walks as strikeouts in the minors, and could steal double-digit bases if he gets to play. He's only 24.
                                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X