No announcement yet.

2024 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You’re changing the discussion. The discussion was whether males should compete against females, and whether males should change their clothes in locker rooms with females. These policies shouldn’t occur over .018% of the population. This boxing match had an XY boxer fighting an XX boxer which is wrong. This boxing match should not have happened. We have to have common rules and policies that protect women.

Comment

• I haven't changed the discussion one iota. I just offered some tangential information. My position on boys wanting to abuse girls in sports has been made very clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        I've spoken with female athletes who've admitted to coming up against "women" of great masculine advantage way back before gender bending was even part of some wackos fantasy. Look at Serena Williams. Testosterone levels vary in women just as they do in men. Those hairy, aggressive ladies some of ya'll have likely had the pleasure to spend time with, have more testosterone than their counterparts.

But the ones who actively change their sex AFTER birth (some women are unfortunately born with parts of both sex and the parents have to make a choice), need to be playing in their own leagues. It's asinine to let them compete against pure women.

And as I already mentioned above, it's poor taste to have real women playing in high-contact sports. Gymnastics, swimming, track and field, and the incredibly effeminate sport of soccer are PERFECTLY suited for the fairer sex.
        Hey look, we agree.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I knew this would come up eventually.

Let me say first I don't KNOW for certain. But from what I can ascertain, I don't believe this is a case of a transgender person from Algeria.

To be honest, I'm not even sure a transgender person can exist in Algeria and/or be recognized as a human, much less an Olympic athlete.

I think we all (or at least 99% +) would agree that we don't think actually men that want to cosplay into women and then compete (Lia Thomas for instance) is acceptable, EVER.

I don't believe that's what's happening here. The Algerian boxer, again from what I have mined, was born a female (in appearance) but does have male DNA and perhaps internal male anatomy. Certainly very rare but does happen. She (for lack of a better description) does have high levels of testosterone.

Now, I'm not saying she should be allowed to compete. Obviously they have rules and someone has to have common sense. But I don't think (if I'm right....and I think I am) it's the particular issue that is plaguing our society right now. I don't think any one of us would want one of our children to be afflicted with this particular abnormality. And I don't think it's her fault (although choosing to compete in boxing and taking advantage of this condition seems to be a marginal decision, at best).

Is it a problem? Yes. Is it the problem we are attaching it to, societally? I don't believe it is.

Anyway.....carry on.

Weird to tie it into the issue of real TRANSGENDER athletes imo. Can give the argument of allowing it more credence which nobody should want. She didn’t choose to become a female or ever have a choice to be anything but. AFAIK, although I didn’t do much reading, she has and was born with all female parts, with male DNA as you said just as some men are born with ovaries that aren’t discovered for a long time. Algeria would have her killed for being transgender so that’s off the table.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Puerto Rico getting devestated by the US men's basketball team.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Gonna be a 40pt blow out.

Comment

• Holy crap, the Chinese chicks are table tennis badasses!

Comment

• The mixed medley relays in track and swimming are going to be highlights of this Olympic Games.

And 1910, Japan attack ah Korea!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    The mixed medley relays in track and swimming are going to be highlights of this Olympic Games.

And 1910, Japan attack ah Korea!
                    The mixed medley tonight was awesome!

Comment

• Bjorn Ironside aka Ryan Crouser once again sacked Paris for gold.
                      (Viking joke)

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Bjorn Ironside aka Ryan Crouser once again sacked Paris for gold.
                        (Viking joke)
                        Whoa, he's a big boy!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Bjorn Ironside aka Ryan Crouser once again sacked Paris for gold.
                          (Viking joke)
                          So was Joe Kovacs aka Charles the Bald?

Comment

• YSBG!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Men's table tennis gold match is wicked fast!

Comment

• Holy crap the Chinese are good at table tennis. The Swede was fun to watch tho!

Comment

Working...
                                X