No announcement yet.

I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love these guys. I believe I posted about their Atlantic crossing a few years ago.

Scottish Brothers Prepare for Record-breaking Fastest Row Across the Pacific Ocean in Boat They Designed

A trio of brothers are on a quest to row across the Pacific Ocean in a custom made boat—completing a record-breaking voyage with the goal of raising tens of thousands for charity.

Ewan, Jamie, and Lachlan Maclean are planning to row 9,000 miles from Peru to Australia (14,400-km) in a boat they designed and built to go faster than any before.

The trio from Edinburgh broke records in January 2020, when they became the first three brothers to row across any ocean, and the youngest—and fastest—trio to row across the Atlantic Ocean in their 35 day trip. (That GNN story is here)

Today, the brothers range in age from 26-32 and on their upcoming trip they hope to become the quickest to cross the Pacific—within 120 days—shaving 42 days off the current record.

They “thoroughly enjoyed” their previous ocean-crossing experience, and came up with the idea of starting a charity foundation during the long hours rowing. After setting up the Maclean Foundation, once they returned home, the brothers quickly decided to complete an even longer row to raise money.

“Even before we’d set foot back on land, we’d decided that we’d like to go on to do another challenge – but we didn’t know what that would be,” said Jamie, 30.

“Pretty soon, we came back around to the idea of doing another row. We’ll be doing a full Pacific row from South America to Australia, approximately 9,000 miles, after we add-in wiggling around islands.”

The brothers made several trips to Amsterdam to help fellow ocean rower Mark Slatts build the boat—which they described as the “lightest and strongest ocean rowing boat ever made”.
    They do this in an effort to help raise money for charity. Regardless of that or any other reason, it's an impressive feat they're attempting.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The link below is to a thread on an overlanding forum that contains one of the most awesome real life adventure stories out there. It is a true story about a guy and girl that take a Landcruiser across a part of the Congo on a one month journey. You won't want it to end ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
      X