I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does smoked goat taste like?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      What does smoked goat taste like?
      Smoked chicken
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

more like grilled horse steak

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

more like grilled horse steak

Comment

Filtered or unfiltered? Regular or menthol?

Comment

• Tim Carney @TPCarney

NBC's Kristen Welker said "abortions later in pregnancy are exceedingly rare." That's her opinion based on her definition of "rare." One fact is that that they are much more common than homicides with "assault rifles."

Comment

• I always loved Bob Ross.

Eagle - First Bob Ross TV painting, completed in half an hour, goes on sale for nearly $10 million

What would Bob Ross think?

The artist who brought painting to the people, with works completed for PBS viewers in less than a half-hour with little more than a large bristle brush, putty knife and plenty of encouragement, certainly wouldn’t have envisioned one of his works going up for sale for nearly $10 million.

But that’s the price a Minneapolis gallery is asking for “A Walk in the Woods,” the first of more than 400 paintings that Ross produced on-air for his TV series “The Joy of Painting.”

“It is season one, episode one of what you would call the rookie card for Bob Ross,” Ryan Nelson, who owns the gallery, Modern Artifact, said of the work created in the show's debut, which aired Jan. 11, 1983.

Growing up in a small town, Nelson said he was introduced to art through Ross' show and loves his paintings. He doesn't expect a quick sale given the high asking price, which he sees as an opportunity to display the painting for a larger audience.
                This seems like a pretty insane price for a Bob Ross, but at the same time, it is the very first painting he did on TV for the masses. I loved watching Bob as a kid and always wanted to paint like him. I still pull up his shows on YouTube or Netflix and I think maybe even Tubi and will watch. He always brought me peace and still does.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• My grandson trick or teated as Bob Ross. It was a hoot. It's too late or I would try and find a picture

Comment

• Science is crazy. We're now talking about possibly bringing back an extinct species for what could be the betterment of the habitat it once thrived.

Tasmanian Tiger RNA Recovered from Preserved Specimen in Groundbreaking World First

A team of Scandinavian researchers has recovered messenger and micro RNA from a Tasmanian tiger specimen kept in a museum collection.

It’s the first-ever collection of RNA from an extinct creature in history, an achievement long sought after in the study of extinct species and for other applications.

The Tasmanian tiger, or thylacine, was truly unique for an apex predator. This large predatory marsupial was king among Tasmanian forests which remain largely intact since its extinction 130 years ago.

For this reason, the potential resurrection of the thylacine has received a lot of attention, as it would immediately solve many problems facing the balance of the Tasmanian ecosystem without the complexities of trying to replace the apex predator role with a non-native animal.

The thylacine evolved on Tasmania, and putting it back would be by far the easiest solution provided the incredibly difficult task of somehow recreating the thylacine through paleogenomics could be accomplished. Colossal Biosciences in Texas is currently working to produce viable thylacine-like embryos using already sequenced DNA to raise in surrogates over the next few years.
                    How long before we move onto dinosaurs? I want to ride a triceratops.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Just a random thought...I see where Texas has sent a bus load of asylum seekers to California. I might be willing to accept a bus load or two in Wichita if we could put an equal number of unhoused citizens on the return bus to Texas.
                      Last edited by pogo; September 23, 2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• I like this. Rather than just abandoning the setup, they've worked to restore it to give nature control once again and allow wildlife to thrive. As man continues to expand and take over the habitats of wildlife, maybe we should focus a bit more and returning what we can, when we can, to nature.

Norway Rewilds Arctic Coal Mining Town in Largest Operation of its Kind, Gives New Hunting Ground for Polar Bears

On the arctic island of Svalbard, the Norwegian government has just completed the largest re-wilding project in its history.

Polar bears, reindeer, Arctic fox, and many sea birds are now moving back into the Sveagruva mining town, where the depths of the island were plumbed for coal for 100 years.

Sveagruva was an industrial community nestled in a remote fjord, which before its closure had its own power station, wharf, water supply, and everything else that was necessary to house up to 300 workers and run mining operations on a large scale.

The Storting, or Norwegian parliament, decided in 2017 to wind down operations and clear the area to return it to its natural state. All traces of human activity since mining began in 1910 were to be removed, with the exception of cultural monuments and buildings from before 1946.

It’s now so empty and pristine that no passing polar bear could ever have imagined humans had ever been there apart from three red houses spared by their monument designation.

“This is Norway’s largest nature restoration ever, and an expression of a long-term and consistent Norwegian policy to preserve wilderness nature on Svalbard,” said Climate and Environment Minister Espen Barth Eide.

“There is less and less untouched nature in the world, and the restoration of nature and ecosystems is therefore one of the most important goals in the new global nature agreement. The clean-up in Sveagruva is an important contribution to this.”
                        And they did it at about 1/3 the budgeted costs.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          Just a random thought...I see where Texas has sent a bus load of asylum seekers to California. I might be willing to accept a bus load or two in Wichita if we could put an equal number of unhoused citizens on the return bus to Texas.
                          Why not send both to California?

Comment

• Is the Shakur murder finally solved? 27 years later?
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Adam Wainwright Promised His Kids A Puppy When He Retires, But His Team Beat Him To It

When Adam Wainwright announced his retirement from baseball, he made a promise to his children that he would bring a family dog into their lives.

Little did he know, the St. Louis Cardinals had a heartwarming surprise in store for him.

Wainwright had always told his kids they couldn't get a dog until he retired from baseball.

Before his final game with the team on Sunday, the Cardinals organized a touching 35-minute ceremony for the 42-year-old pitcher and his family.

During the event, the team presented the Wainwrights with an adorable Lagotto Romagnolo puppy.
                              If you care, there's video within the link. I just thought this was a cool gesture by the Cards.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Adam Wainwright Promised His Kids A Puppy When He Retires, But His Team Beat Him To It

If you care, there's video within the link. I just thought this was a cool gesture by the Cards.
                                The night before, the Cardinals set up a concert stage in the outfield after the game so that Wano and his 2 band members could play for the fans along with other festivities.

Adam Wainwright plays postgame concert at Busch Stadium (mlb.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X