No announcement yet.

I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting tidbit for anyone that has KTAG and travels. KTAG as of June 2nd, will work in Colorado, to go along with Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Interesting tidbit for anyone that has KTAG and travels. KTAG as of June 2nd, will work in Colorado, to go along with Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida.
      Get a SunPass from Florida. Works in many more states.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

If one travels in the northeast.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If one travels in the northeast.
          I use it from Orlando across to Dallas, Oklahoma, Kansas, back to South Carolina and Georgia.

not everywhere in between, but many.

Comment

I use it from Orlando across to Dallas, Oklahoma, Kansas, back to South Carolina and Georgia.

not everywhere in between, but many.
            "SunPass PRO works on toll roads and most bridges in Florida plus, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, parts of Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.​"

Along with Kansas,
            • KTAG works on toll roads in Oklahoma, Texas and Florida.
            ​Going to Florida, you would gain Georgia (assuming you go through it where you could use it). Other than that, it's the north-eastern quarter of the US.

Comment

Interesting tidbit for anyone that has KTAG and travels. KTAG as of June 2nd, will work in Colorado, to go along with Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida.
              Good to know!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Also good to know!

Comment

• K-State fan says, “that is some good **** man.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

OKC about to flex on NYC

The Tallest Building in America May Soon Be in... Oklahoma?

I'm not saying Wichita needs to do this, but we really could benefit from the forward thinking that has gone on down in OKC over the last 30+ years to make Bricktown what it is and has greatly benefited OKC as a whole. They had a vision and stuck to it while Wichita gets a vision and when it doesn't happen over night they abandon it and come up with a new vision 10 years later and do the same damn thing.
                    Eagle - America's soon-to-be tallest skyscraper just approved in unexpected city. Take a look

To see America’s tallest buildings, you’ll need to look to New York City and Chicago.

Within the next few years, however, the 20th largest U.S. city is expected to be home to the tallest skyscraper in the country.

Oklahoma City council members approved an emergency zoning proposal that would remove the height restriction on a new mixed-use development in downtown Oklahoma City, meaning developers can make their plans to build a 1,907-foot tower a reality.

“This is the moment we have all been waiting for… to see how tall we can get,” councilperson Nikki Nice said ahead of the city council’s vote to approve the proposal on June 4. The meeting was streamed live on YouTube.

The skyscraper will be part of a four-tower structure known as The Boardwalk at Bricktown, a 5-million-square-foot development, architecture firm AO said in a January news release. The towering skyscraper will be known as Legends Tower.

The remaining three towers will rise 345 feet, AO said in January.

Equipped with housing, hotels, restaurants, bars and entertainment, Matteson Capital said the development would cost $577 million, according to a June 2023 presentation to Oklahoma City officials.
                    Construction to begin in the fall.

Tallest buildings in the U.S.

One World Trade Center, New York City (1,776 feet)
                    Central Park Tower, New York City (1,550 feet)
                    Willis Tower, Chicago (1,451 feet)
                    111 West 57th St., , New York City (1,428 feet)
                    One Vanderbilt, New York City (1,401 feet)
                    432 Park Ave., New York City (1,396 feet)
                    Trump International Hotel and Tower, Chicago (1,389 feet)
                    30 Hudson Yards, New York City (1,268 feet)
                    Empire State Building, New York City (1,250 feet)
                    Bank of America Tower, New York City (1,200 feet)
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• But, why?

Comment

• What would a tornado do to something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          What would a tornado do to something like that?
                          Exactly my thoughts or 90+ mph straight winds. Yikes!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Exactly my thoughts or 90+ mph straight winds. Yikes!
                            I don't think it would have much of any effect at all honestly. Modern skyscrapers can withstand airplane crashes. Maybe if it was a biblical level tornado it would blow debris into the glass and blast a floor open, but the structure itself would be okay IMO.

Comment

• A four tower structure that includes what would be the tallest building in the country for $577 million.

It cost a little over $205 million ($287 million in today's dollars) to build Intrust Bank Arena.

I think we may have been screwed....or the $577 million number is way, way off.

10 recent stadiums have cost between 1.3 and 5.5 BILLION (Sofi the outlier there...the other nine 1.3-1.9 Billion).

Clearly I'm not in construction because that makes little sense to me.

Comment

• Miss Alabama, 2024. Look it up

image.png

Comment

Working...
                                X