X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Miss Alabama, 2024. Look it up

image.png
    The girl to the left of her in the white appears to be thinking, "what the actual ****?!"

The girl to the right in the pink appears to be thinking, "this is ****ing bullshit".
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It does not say if there was a swimsuit competition.

Comment

• God I hope not.

Comment

• I find this kind of fascinating. I believe this was recently done in England as well.

Portugal Welcomes First Wild Bison in 10,000 Years - the Keystone Species for Rewilding a Quarter-Million Acres

Rewilding Europe is thrilled to announce the arrival of a small herd of bison in a large valley in Portugal.

Believed to be the key to preventing catastrophic wildfires, invasive species spread, and promoting endemic biodiversity, it’s the first time bison have been present in Portugal since the last Glacial Maximum.

From Poland to Romania to the UK, European wood bison are now firmly recognized as one of the best tools for returning what little wilderness Europe has left to as wild a state as possible.

Once upon a time, all of Europe was covered in forests or scrubland, through which roamed the European bison and the steppe bison. Today, nations across the Old World are trying to reintroduce these large grazers into wild areas to help improve native ecosystems.

In Portugal, a country smaller than Pennsylvania, the gradual abandonment of the Greater Côa Valley has presented an unprecedented opportunity for rewilding in the small country.

The government has already set aside a quarter million acres of land for conservation, boasting an interesting mix of natural and semi-natural habitats of scrub, Mediterranean dry forests, and steep gorges.

The Iberian wolf is present on the land in the form of a small pack, and the area acts as a refuge for roe and red deer, wild boar, eagles, and an ancient cattle breed that’s left to roam wild as its ancestor, the mighty auroch, once did across Europe.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• All 4 Daughters Named Valedictorian of Their High School - Outsmarting the Odds of 1 in 11 Billion

In Titusville, Florida, the unbelievable occurred as each of a married couple’s four daughters was named valedictorian of the same high school.

Someone with probability calculations told Fox News Digital that the chance of this happening is 1 in 11 billion.

Celebrations were heightened at the Rendina Household and the sense of relief was palpable in the air when 18-year-old Ryleigh Rendina was named valedictorian at Astronaut High School.

Ryleigh followed her older sisters Taylor, 20; Alisa, 22; and Makaley, 24 in being named valedictorian, something which their mother Tracey said was never pushed on any of them, or even suggested as a target.

“We never told them they had to make As. There was no ‘You have to do this or else.’ It was always, ‘You just do your best,’” Rendina told Fox.

Tracey, the math department chair at Astronaut High, and her husband Mike said they always encouraged them to do their best and nothing more, but after their eldest Makaley was named valedictorian, and then two years later Alisa was too, and then two years later Taylor was also accorded the honor, there was an inescapable anxiety about Ryleigh.

Tracey and Mike were worried that with such a storied household sorority, Ryleigh would be too anxious about being named valedictorian and that if she were not, she would feel like she let herself and the family down, or that she wasn’t smart, talented, or good enough.
            Impressive feat.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I don't know why I am commenting on this, because bottom line it's pretty cool. Probability really doesn't mean just the math. Maybe to have any 4 random individuals win (I roughly calculated 1 in a little less than 5 billion but that's based on 2020 enrollment average) it's that big but that's not taking into account an awful lot of things that factor into "probability".

On the other hand, the school appears to be an outstanding school with the curriculum broken into 2 parts, one for future medical pursuits (Health Science Academy) and the other Music and Theater focused. You can potentially be a CNA upon graduation (if you pass the test) and both offer the possibility to get a 2 year associates degree possible through another program. So academics are a big deal there. Lots of competition. Hats off to those young ladies.

Comment

• New US record

KAKE - George Strait tops one of the most successful live bands in history to set new US concert attendance record

All of George Strait’s fans, friends and exes must live in Texas.

The country music star performed at Kyle Field at Texas A&M in College Station, Texas over the weekend and set a new record for the largest US ticketed show in history.

The crowd topped at 110,905 people, which broke an all-time attendance record set by the Grateful Dead at New Jersey’s Raceway Park in 1977. A little over 107,000 concertgoers were in attendance at that Dead show.

According to Billboard, Straight told the crowd, “We got some Aggie’s out there? Oh yeah! I’m ashamed to say this, but this is my first time to ever be in Kyle Field… damn. Just invite me back, I’ll come!”
                He is one of the biggest names in the music industry and is a living legend.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  New US record

One of his best…

122K likes, 1,060 comments - countrycentral on June 16, 2024: "110,905 in attendance for @georgestrait at Kyle Field. The largest concert ever held in the U.S. ?: @chloe.mcwilliams #georgestrait".
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    New US record

KAKE - George Strait tops one of the most successful live bands in history to set new US concert attendance record

One of my very favorite jackass lines at the bars ...

"Baby, do you like George Strait?"

Of course the girl ALWAYS says "yes".

Looks down at pants: "Hear that George!!?!"

My wife still falls for this one.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Another piece of **** down!

KAKE - Man who kidnapped Wichita girl Nancy Shoemaker dies at 60

The Kansas Department of Corrections confirmed the man convicted of kidnapping 9-year-old Nancy Shoemaker has died.

A spokesperson for KDOC says Donald Wacker died Friday of natural causes. Shoemaker's family was notified of his death Thursday morning.

Wacker was convicted for his role in the kidnapping of the Wichita girl in July 1990. Nancy Shoemaker disappeared while walking to a convenience store near her home. Her disappearance sparked massive searches in the Wichita area.

Wacker was sentenced to 16 years to life and first became eligible for parole in December 1999.

In 2021, Wacker was released from prison. Authorities at the time said he would be living in and supervised in the Kansas City, Kansas area.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Shoulda executed him 20 years ago

Comment

• Doyle Lane needs to meet his maker ASAP and begin his real sentence, times 2 or a million.

Comment

• Perfectly Preserved 250-Year-Old Cherries Found in George Washington's Cellar at Mount Vernon

Archaeologists have unearthed an astounding 35 glass bottles from the 18th century in the cellar of George Washington’s home.

The five storage pits buried in the dirt under Mount Vernon included 29 intact bottles of perfectly preserved cherries, a fruit associated with America’s first president who was touted as telling the truth after he cut down a cherry tree.

Workers discovered the stash amidst an ongoing renovation of Washington’s manor to repair sections of the framing and masonry.

“Never in our wildest dreams did we imagine this spectacular archaeological discovery,” said Mount Vernon President & CEO Doug Bradburn. “We were ecstatic.”

“To our knowledge, this is an unprecedented find and nothing of this scale and significance has ever been excavated in North America.”

The contents of each bottle, some of which contained berries like currants, have been carefully extracted and refrigerated at Mount Vernon, and will undergo scientific analysis. The bottles are slowly drying in the Mount Vernon archaeology lab, so will be sent off-site for conservation. (WATCH the video below…)
                              Kind of cool. Possibly picked before General Washington left to take command of the Continental Army.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X