World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

And if you want to high press, you need faster players than the slowpokes for Costa Rica. They are old.

IMHO, from the outset, their line of contention should have been at their own 45 yard line against Spain. That would have compressed the field where it mattered, kept their legs fresh, and mucked up Spain's short game the best they could.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Bah, switching this off and gonna watch the Morocco vs Croatia game I missed this morning.

Comment

• Canada making things interesting so far.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• 100% agree with the analysis. Canada should have had a penalty kick on that borked offside call.

But hindsight is 20-20 and that was a cluster-eff of a situation, so I don't think it was shady or even a _bad_ call in the sense it was obvious and totally missed. Just an unfortunate series of events for Canada.
          Last edited by Kung Wu; November 23, 2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            100% agree with the analysis. Canada should have had a penalty kick on that borked offside call.

But hindsight is 20-20 and that was a cluster-eff of a situation, so I don't think it was shady or even a _bad_ call in the sense it was obvious and totally missed. Just an unfortunate series of events for Canada.
            I agree. Not necessarily nefarious but a misjudgment on the part of the AR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I agree. Not necessarily nefarious but a misjudgment on the part of the AR.
              I think the AR was obstructed by one or two Canadian dudes and was flagging the offside position because he couldn't tell who passed the ball. Just a guess from what I could see.

Comment

• SUI vs CMR was an okay match.

This URU vs KOR is another one that could be interesting late.

Comment

• Heung-Min is a stud. Would love to see him sneak in a goal and upset Uruguay.

Comment

• Helluva chance by Heung-Min. This is a fun game as far as 0-0 games go!

KOR's line of contention is extremely low and it's working well (so far). This is what CRC's game plan should have been against Spain.

Comment

• DOHA, QATAR — The World Cup courted controversy this week after one of the teams continued racking up an obscene number of points even after it was clear they were already poised to win 1-0. Their aggressiveness has been labeled "cruel," and they are facing accusations of "running up the score" leading to their 2-0 blowout victory.

Comment

• lmao

Comment

• Speaking of 2-0 blowout -- I think the US will lose tomorrow 0-2 or 1-3. Hope I am wrong and we get the upset!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Speaking of 2-0 blowout -- I think the US will lose tomorrow 0-2 or 1-3. Hope I am wrong and we get the upset!
                            As much as I want to believe, I think you’re right.

Comment

• Ghana had a chance to tie at the end on an insane lapse by the Portugal goalie. A missed opportunity but Portugal was the better team.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Ronaldo becomes first in history to score in 5 World Cups.

Comment

Working...
                                X