No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wales has been outplayed by Iran all game. Very disappointing and they'll be lucky if they escape this 0-0
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Then Wales completely collapses in the final couple minutes and give up two.

it was also a very physical match
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• That’s really the worst possible result for the US.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I've got to catch up.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I'm going back to sleep so I'm not falling asleep during the USvEngland match. Waking up for Wales seems stupid now after watching that crap. No wonder it's been 64 years
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Richarlison de Bolas Grandes!! Oh my oh my.

Comment

• Qatar just doesn't have the skill to be in this tourney.

Senegal vs Ecuador should be a good match with Ecuador winning by 1.

Comment

• Senegal has been allowing Qatar to have some chances, and finally Qatar gets a great goal. Senegal better not act like this game is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    That’s really the worst possible result for the US.
                    Is it?

I don't understand. We need to beat someone to advance. We always did. At least now we don't need to rely on something goofy, or be scared of a scoreless treaty between England and Wales (seemed possible to me).

Even if we lose to England today (expected), as long as it's not a horrible blowout, we should be in position to advance with a win over Iran, correct? Iran would have 3 points and we'd have 4 and unless Wales beats England (highly unlikely), Wales would have 1 or 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Is it?

I don't understand. We need to beat someone to advance. We always did. At least now we don't need to rely on something goofy, or be scared of a scoreless treaty between England and Wales (seemed possible to me).

Even if we lose to England today (expected), as long as it's not a horrible blowout, we should be in position to advance with a win over Iran, correct? Iran would have 3 points and we'd have 4 and unless Wales beats England (highly unlikely), Wales would have 1 or 2.
                      I was about to post this. I think Iran beating Wales is actually good for the US. If US is somehow able to salvage a tie with England that puts England with 4, Iran with 3, US with 2 and Wales with 1. Wales has to play England and US has Iran. That's a better spot to be in than if Wales beats Iran and has 4 points.

Comment

• Great story on US midfielder Yunus Musah and how he came to play for the US over England. His parents are from Ghana and were British citizens. They were on vacation in New York when he was born, making him a dual US / British citizen.

Young star Yunus Musah represented England's youth national teams, but a quirk of scheduling due to the COVID-19 pandemic saw him turn to the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I don't understand. We need to beat someone to advance. We always did.
                          Not until Iran won. After England squashes all three of us, if the rest of us would have tied, it would be a three way tie for 2nd with goal differentials being the decider. Assuming we show well today, we would have been in good position in that scenario.

Also, if Iran had tied, then a tie with England today probably would have punched our ticket. But even tying England today won't help us get through now.

Now we have to beat England or Iran.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I was about to post this. I think Iran beating Wales is actually good for the US. If US is somehow able to salvage a tie with England that puts England with 4, Iran with 3, US with 2 and Wales with 1. Wales has to play England and US has Iran. That's a better spot to be in than if Wales beats Iran and has 4 points.
                            Iran is stronger than Wales. A tie in that match would have been ideal.

Comment

• NED vs ECU could be a very good match. This one is intriguing.

Comment

• Oh snap, that was quick!

Comment

Working...
                                X