World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    As weird as it sounds, as long as we beat Iran and Wales doesn’t do something crazy against England, we’re in.
    The problem is, beating Iran will not be easy.

If we can't beat Wales ...
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Yeah, I rethought about that shortly after posting. You’re correct. And if we can’t beat Iran we don’t deserve to go through to the knockout stage.

As weird as it sounds, as long as we beat Iran and Wales don’t do something crazy against England, we’re in.
      But also you were right. It did take away a possible advancement scenario and a win vs Iran possibly would not have been needed, however unlikely the scenario.

The USMNT just needs to get better today and beat Iran. All problems will be solved then.

Comment

• This is going to be interesting and we're going to learn a lot about this young team
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
          Was it a foul because he was involved in the play somehow?
          Yes. If you block the keeper or make a defender react to you in some meaningful way, you will be considered to have affected the play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Iran is stronger than Wales. A tie in that match would have been ideal.
            I disagree. Wales was playing a man down when Iran scored both of their goals. Us needs a tie with England and a win over Iran and all is good. As Doc mentioned even a loss to England and a win at Iran would put the US in a good position. Bottom line, if US can't at a minimum beat Iran they don't deserve to advance.

Comment

• If we make it through this half tied ... grab the popcorn!

Comment

• Good half by the Americans
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Hard to ask for more. Our pressure on their back line and midfield has been very helpful.

Would be a big deal to get a draw or win and no yellow card DQs for the Iran match.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Good thread. Not surprised to hear we have more xG.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I disagree. Wales was playing a man down when Iran scored both of their goals. Us needs a tie with England and a win over Iran and all is good. As Doc mentioned even a loss to England and a win at Iran would put the US in a good position. Bottom line, if US can't at a minimum beat Iran they don't deserve to advance.
                      It would have been FAAAAAAAR better for the US if Iran and Wales tied. Can you agree with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Good half by the Americans
                        Yep. Particularly the second part of the half. First part was a bit shaky. Need to finish opportunities.

Comment

• Should be at least two yellow cards on England.

Comment

• US in attack mode big time!! I love it. Keep it up and one is bound to go in.

Comment

• I'm starting to have some thoughts ...

Comment

• Hold me.

Comment

Working...
                                X