No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was kind of happy that the US and Wales tied. I hate to cheer against either. Now it comes down to how each do against England and Iran and that will be fun to watch.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Kind of cool to see Ian Darke calling a game with Landon Donovan as the color commentator.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Tunisia played their collective arses off v Denmark. Very deserving point. Their goalkeeper made a couple of A+ saves.

As much as I enjoy the event, the faking just has to go. When VAR catches a fake/overreaction, the faker should be taken to the sidelines and paddled like a child in front of the entire fan base. It's exactly that stupid and childlike.

Comment

I know it's hard to feel bad for a player as accomplished as Messi, but I do. He will (unfairly) be judged by not winning a World Cup. That said, there's still a path where Argentina could win the group. I think they will end up beating Mexico and Poland and advancing to the knockout stage, as they are second in the world in the ELO ratings.

Denmark probably feels even worse than the USA after the draw against Tunisia. They were the overwhelming favorite to take second in the group, and a dark horse candidate to make a big run. Still possible, but unlikely.

Comment

I’m not sure what Fox is thinking having Chad Ochocinco on their coverage. He played soccer a bit when he was younger, but could have used a coach when it comes to being on camera and talking about soccer. It’s a rough watch.

Comment

Excited for Germany vs Japan! Could be a good one!
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Excited for Germany vs Japan! Could be a good one!
                The Axis Powers Derby, as I like to call it. Especially since Italy isn’t in.

Comment

Am I the only one that was thrown by Japan wearing blue?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    It is kind of odd, but I believe they have had a blue kit at most World Cups I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      It's normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        One subtlety that most players don't even know is that if you are behind the ball when it's played, you cannot be offside.

So for example, if a guy makes a pass to a wide open net from the end line, and only his own player is there to knock it in, it's legal. The positions of the other team don't matter because all offensive players HAD to be behind the ball.

Even good referees bork that all the time.
                        Germany's goal called back at the 49 minute mark is a GREAT example of what I posted here. This is WAY closer than an inexperienced fan/player would think. If the German passer was, maybe, 2 feet more forward, this would have been a goal and confused a massive amount of fans because it would have seemed like a super obvious offside.

Comment

Not sure what Japan's goalkeeper's salary is, but it isn't enough.

Comment

Oh snap!! GER vs JPN is a game!!

Comment

Germany are dominating possession, but Japan have put together a few impressive counterattacks. Fun game.

Comment

The fact that Mario Götze is only 30 years old blows my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X