Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    When a government official is willing to lie FoR THe GOoD of ThE CoUNTry, he is a dirt bag that sows discord and distrust between the government and the educated folks that know he is lying. He will no longer be trusted and the agency under him won't either.

Creating false policy and straight up lying won't work and can have fatal unintended consequence. People that will not trust him due to lying may not be able to discern what is truthful and what isn't -- so they may distrust sound life saving advice because of the dishonest source.

Those deaths are squarely on the lying the government official.
    Please give an example of where he lied.

And God help us all if you bring up the mask comment...

Comment

• Fauxi Lies:
      • Saying he informed people not to wear masks because he didn't want to have a shortage;
      • Claimed he was moving the target for herd immunity based on emergin studies. When in fact he laid down this quote to prove he was lying. He was moving the goal post because he feared people wouldn't be vaccinated.
      When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent. Then, when newer surveys said 60 percent or more would take it, I thought, “I can nudge this up a bit,” so I went to 80, 85.
      • He lied about the NIH involvement and funding of gain of function research. In fact, openly lied to Congress.
      • They said that hospitalizations amongst adolescents were rising when in fact those hospitalizations were actually on the decline.
      I could go on but that is all I can think of now...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        Please give an example of where he lied.
        Why? So you can argue about how it's justified when government officials lie FoR THe GOoD of ThE CoUNTry?
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Fauxi Lies:
          Saying he informed people not to wear masks because he didn't want to have a shortage;
          At the time that statement was made, we were potentially looking at the worst pandemic in modern history; 3% death rate, flu+ infectivity, etc. We needed the masks to save the hospital workers. Had this virus panned out like it could have, our healthcare system would have been crushed. When that happens, modern society crumbles. If you want to call him a liar for that go ahead. It just marks you VERY lowly on the complex thinking matrix.

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Fauxi Lies:
          Claimed he was moving the target for herd immunity based on emergin studies. When in fact he laid down this quote to prove he was lying. He was moving the goal post because he feared people wouldn't be vaccinated.
          He stated from the very beginning that coronavirus immunity is not durable. He was/is 100% correct. There is no herd immunity for Covid-19. End of story.

Vaccinations are the best measure we have for limiting harm and death. Eventually the virus will become endemic and vulnerability to it will diminish.

I'm not familiar with this "scandal". I don't watch Fox News any more.

Fauxi Lies:
          He lied about the NIH involvement and funding of gain of function research. In fact, openly lied to Congress.
          I have looked into some of this. It is unsubstantiated thus far. One deranged and screaming ophthalmologist notwithstanding.

Fauxi Lies:

They said that hospitalizations amongst adolescents were rising when in fact those hospitalizations were actually on the decline.
          Who's "they"?

I'm quite certain Fauci did not give false hospitalization numbers.

Comment

Your post is incoherent. But I'd like to use it to illustrate something I found funny the other day and didn't know if I was going to take the time to address it.

Looks like containment has been lost. Significant cases (and deaths) are being reported in Italy, South Korea, and Iran with no patient zero being able to be identified. At least 6 deaths in Iran have been reported today. John Hopkins has a dashboard that is tracking the outbreak. Focus on the reports outside of China

This post caught my attention. Partly because it wasn't funny, and partly because it got basically as many likes as this sub-forum can muster. I will admit, I'm used to the posts that garner the most likes being those that are directed straight at me (and the truth) regardless of coherency, but this one smelled like there was "more to the story". So I Googled AOC to see if I could find a link:

So I guess this is where that "joke" comes from. But I'm not laughing at that, I'm laughing at all the Republicans in here that knew INTIMATELY what AOC says on a daily basis. Then comes jdmee with, "as if he doesn't know" .... I'm laughing so hard right now.

So yeah, I DON'T know what AOC says on a daily basis, that is because I am unplugged from politics... unlike ya'll. I know she advocated for masks at one time (because of what I read posted in here), but I do not know if she's changed her stance post-vax, or if ever. My original comment stands.

I offered to give her a charity bang and now I'm "defending her"....

You guys (Republicans) really are obsessed with the cute lil' Commie.
            Triggered much?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why? So you can argue about how it's justified when government officials lie FoR THe GOoD of ThE CoUNTry?
              If the guy would unplug for one second, he’d maybe have an original thought. But the MSM bug caught him and it’s pretty clear he’s incurable.

Fauci could say that rape was ok and Cold would agree with it. It’s a sick, sick way to lead life. But that’s what happens when the media goes full-blown brainwash mode. The weak are in complete fear and have succumbed to everything they say.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At the time that statement was made, we were potentially looking at the worst pandemic in modern history; 3% death rate, flu+ infectivity, etc. We needed the masks to save the hospital workers. Had this virus panned out like it could have, our healthcare system would have been crushed. When that happens, modern society crumbles. If you want to call him a liar for that go ahead. It just marks you VERY lowly on the complex thinking matrix.

He stated from the very beginning that coronavirus immunity is not durable. He was/is 100% correct. There is no herd immunity for Covid-19. End of story.

Vaccinations are the best measure we have for limiting harm and death. Eventually the virus will become endemic and vulnerability to it will diminish.

I'm not familiar with this "scandal". I don't watch Fox News any more.

I have looked into some of this. It is unsubstantiated thus far. One deranged and screaming ophthalmologist notwithstanding.

Who's "they"?

I'm quite certain Fauci did not give false hospitalization numbers.
                Nopedity Nope Nope...

Comment

She's toned it wayyyy down over the last year or so. She's got a little "Republican money" in her pocket now, and there must be a guy taking care of her other needs satisfactorily.

I assure you I would have given her a charity ****. I'd have done it for my country.

The fastest way to change the attitude of a woman is a good and proper ****ing. And buddy... I do bring the lumber.
                  This isn't fool's Cold, this is 24 carat pure gold Cold.

Comment

• Could this be Cold's mating call?

Comment

When was that comment made? You and the herd love plucking quotes out of context. If it was in the early 80's, and you are attempting to discredit him with this, you are a special kind of moron. Just sayin'...
                      You’re just sayin.............. that he’s either a liar, or doesn’t know, and Science doesn’t currently know. If it’s the first one, you’re an idiot for supporting his saying that, and if it’s that he won’t admit when doesn’t he doesn’t know, then why would we listen to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You’re just sayin.............. that he’s either a liar, or doesn’t know, and Science doesn’t currently know. If it’s the first one, you’re an idiot for supporting his saying that, and if it’s that he won’t admit when doesn’t he doesn’t know, then why would we listen to him.
                        Yep. Two ways to lie…malice or incompetence. Neither should come from a trusted official.
                        Last edited by wufan; January 12, 2022, 04:06 PM.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ystem-ema-says

Frequent Boosters Spur Warning on Immune Response

Last edited by pinstripers; January 12, 2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• LOL who in their right mind would pay Bloomberg $400 a year for a subscription in 2022?

Comment

"That is the largest bunch of talking out of both sides I have ever heard."

Probably not.

But you make a decent complaint. I'll attempt to clarify: When I say she's "toned it down", I'm referring to what I read on here. I haven't seen much outrage for quite a while in the various political threads. And regarding having some money now, that was just a witty quip... and most likely true considering where she came from.

P.S. I have nothing wrong with people being on a "mask train" because masks work. I DO have a problem with hypocrites.
                              So you get your "well informed" opinions based on traffic on Shockernet? That is even a dumber comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

So you get your "well informed" opinions based on traffic on Shockernet? That is even a dumber comment.
                                It’s amazing how often that guy backs himself into corners.

Oops.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X