Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad you are doing better Doc.

Also, it sounds like you got Delta, which is by far the worst of the two out there.

Does anybody know if Kansas releases genetic sequencing data? I’m curious to know how many are still coming positive with delta.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Glad you are doing better Doc.

Also, it sounds like you got Delta, which is by far the worst of the two out there.

Does anybody know if Kansas releases genetic sequencing data? I’m curious to know how many are still coming positive with delta.
      No but CDC modeling has Kansas at 97.8% omicron right now:

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• And this is a time lapse for the Kansas region showing how omicron took over delta:

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          J Covid survivor here. Was infected sometime around the 1st of the month. Been almost completely in isolation since. Double jabbed since last spring, boosted in the late fall. To say I've socially distanced would be a huge understatement. I have attended WSU games (not this month) but it's, sadly, pretty easy to socially distance there as well. 50+ at least 3 co-morbidities. If I ever had a fever, I didn't know it. Breathing was labored at times. Fatigue was and remains to some extent, unreal. Lost taste and smell for a day. It was not fun.
          Uuugh, glad you are doing much better! As Fev' said and the data shows, you likely had delta. Yuck!

Comment

Just wanted to add some real life data, fwiw. Covid survivor here. Was infected sometime around the 1st of the month. Been almost completely in isolation since. Double jabbed since last spring, boosted in the late fall. To say I've socially distanced would be a huge understatement. I have attended WSU games (not this month) but it's, sadly, pretty easy to socially distance there as well. 50+ at least 3 co-morbidities. If I ever had a fever, I didn't know it. Breathing was labored at times. Fatigue was and remains to some extent, unreal. Lost taste and smell for a day. It was not fun. I was prepared to escalate treatment if needed but struggled to get prescribed MA due to time between symptoms/probable infection date and visit with doctor. I did spend time prior to infection trying to educate myself on what and where options would be available. It was as bad as I've felt since a life threatening illness 9 years ago which was admittedly much much worse.

I'm not a doctor so I'm not giving medical advice and nothing I'm about to say is groundbreaking. Visit with your doctor. The older you are, the worse shape you are in, like with ALL illnesses, the worse it's likely to be if you get this and don't have antibodies. I have received a lot of peace of mind from getting the antibody tests. I realize they aren't free, but it's hard to put a price on knowing where you stand. Take that for what it's worth. Ask your Doctor if they will prescribe MA if you are positive. If they won't, I would suggest finding a new doctor that will. Just my opinion. I will tell you the same thing I've told everyone in my family and friends that have asked. Visit with your doctor. If you have the age and problems I have, any risks of the jab are likely far outweighed by the benefit. BUT get with your doctor.

This should never have been politicized. But it has been, and continues to be, mostly, almost exclusively by the left. And if you disagree, just look at who is trying to mandate it. There should never have been mandates. We have failed ourselves, and mostly our children. And I pray they will forgive us, but I won't be surprised if they do not. So many have been brainwashed.

As with most things in life, few are black and white. Most things lie in shades of gray. We need to stop Hospitals from being primary care givers. One of the biggest reasons they are being overrun is because so many people use them that way because they know they can't be turned away. This must change. Not saying I have the answers, but it must change.

I hope all of you are healthy, happy and safe.
            Fashionably late on the Covid report while commenting in other threads. I wonder why? Each keystroke must have felt like it required hundreds of pounds of force to press.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I will tell you the same thing I've told everyone in my family and friends that have asked. Visit with your doctor. If you have the age and problems I have, any risks of the jab are likely far outweighed by the benefit. BUT get with your doctor.
            Correction: any risks of the jab are far outweighed by ASPIRIN. Every age group approved for the vaccine should take the vaccine at their earliest convenience.

This should never have been politicized. But it has been, and continues to be, mostly, almost exclusively by the left. And if you disagree, just look at who is trying to mandate it. There should never have been mandates.
            Correction: This pandemic was almost 100% politicized by Trump first, and then the entire Republican/Conservative body next. The Democrats have been, and continue to be on the side of science and truth with respect to all things Covid. Vaccine mandates have saved hundreds of millions (maybe even billions) of lives across the globe over the last 100 years. Vaccine debates shouldn't be happening in first world countries any more than flat earth debates.

As with most things in life, few are black and white. Most things lie in shades of gray. We need to stop Hospitals from being primary care givers. One of the biggest reasons they are being overrun is because so many people use them that way because they know they can't be turned away.
            Correction: Hospitals are being overrun due to this country experiencing the worst pandemic in over a hundred years. It's a very dangerous and infectious disease that can be difficult to treat once it gains a foothold. Do you think people with double pneumonia should be visiting a Dillon's medical kiosk? Illegals abusing emergency centers and Covid-19 are two wholly different things. Do not conflate the two.

In closing: There's nothing gray about Covid-19 outside of those who've been consistently fed anti-vax/anti-science/anti-Covid propaganda. The problem and the solutions are crystal clear from the perspective of an unbiased mind.

I'm glad you pulled through. It's 50/50 which strain you had, but regardless... it sounds like you could have been ventilator-bound had you not gotten vaccinated. Perhaps experiencing Das Alien for yourself gives a new perspective on the seriousness of the issue. Maybe you keep your opinions about vaccines, mandates, etc. etc. to yourself and do your part to encourage those around you to follow the science, vaccinate their families, contributing to the solution, and not the problem.

When reading your "mea culpa", I could not help but think of this scene:

Stubborn to the very end... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Lisa Boothe @LisaMarieBoothe

Why do all of these triple-vaxxed, mask-wearing folks not feel safe? If they don’t feel safe with what they are trying to force upon others, doesn’t that say it all?

It appears that Ms. Boothe is a blithering, propaganda-spewing, moron. Imagine if our own beloved Doc was influenced by her, exercising his LiBuRtY and forgoing vaccination. Maybe he's pushing up black and gold daisies right now?

Words matter. Propaganda kills. Let's be smarter people. That begins with you Pin!

Comment

• Trump politicized it? No sh!t?

Comment

• Here’s an interesting article on how to prevent and protect oneself from Covid 19, by a cardiologist and immunologist from Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Fashionably late on the Covid report while commenting in other threads. I wonder why? Each keystroke must have felt like it required hundreds of pounds of force to press.

Correction: any risks of the jab are far outweighed by ASPIRIN. Every age group approved for the vaccine should take the vaccine at their earliest convenience.

Correction: This pandemic was almost 100% politicized by Trump first, and then the entire Republican/Conservative body next. The Democrats have been, and continue to be on the side of science and truth with respect to all things Covid. Vaccine mandates have saved hundreds of millions (maybe even billions) of lives across the globe over the last 100 years. Vaccine debates shouldn't be happening in first world countries any more than flat earth debates.

Correction: Hospitals are being overrun due to this country experiencing the worst pandemic in over a hundred years. It's a very dangerous and infectious disease that can be difficult to treat once it gains a foothold. Do you think people with double pneumonia should be visiting a Dillon's medical kiosk? Illegals abusing emergency centers and Covid-19 are two wholly different things. Do not conflate the two.

In closing: There's nothing gray about Covid-19 outside of those who've been consistently fed anti-vax/anti-science/anti-Covid propaganda. The problem and the solutions are crystal clear from the perspective of an unbiased mind.

I'm glad you pulled through. It's 50/50 which strain you had, but regardless... it sounds like you could have been ventilator-bound had you not gotten vaccinated. Perhaps experiencing Das Alien for yourself gives a new perspective on the seriousness of the issue. Maybe you keep your opinions about vaccines, mandates, etc. etc. to yourself and do your part to encourage those around you to follow the science, vaccinate their families, contributing to the solution, and not the problem.

When reading your "mea culpa", I could not help but think of this scene:

Stubborn to the very end... lol
                    I feel strongly that covid would do less harm to your body than what you’re currently dealing with, mostly mentally speaking.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• and another

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Brother, you honestly have a knack for finding the biggest Covidiots on planet earth. Kudos!

Her medical license should be suspended immediately.

Comment

• What I typed was a mea culpa?

Did anyone other than Cold see it that way? (serious question) My stance has never changed. And if you think I'm advocating mandates, I'm most certainly not.

Anyway, don't you have some lumber to deliver?

Comment

What I typed was a mea culpa?

Did anyone other than Cold see it that way? (serious question) My stance has never changed. And if you think I'm advocating mandates, I'm most certainly not.

Anyway, don't you have some lumber to deliver?
                            No need to bring up mandates, just advocate for the vaccine each and every day... it might have just saved your life. Leave the anti-vax rhetoric to the Republicans and the retards dying every day in the hospitals.

The lumber is currently stored safely in the shed, thanks for asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_A._McCullough

Here’s an interesting article on how to prevent and protect oneself from Covid 19, by a cardiologist and immunologist from Baylor.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8026810/
                              Here’s what is interesting about Dr. McCullough’s observations and conclusions is that he is advocating that a person takes an iodine solution, and spray it in nose or throat daily or at least after being in a public place around crowds. It should not be ingested.

Now Scientists can do a better job of explaining the properties of iodine (Please do), but I think it is a minor and diluted form of bleach. Irony? Did Trump dona poor job of explaining a good therapeutic?

Comment

What I typed was a mea culpa?
                                Why would you think that?

Comment

Working...
                                X