No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay dumb question: is it possible that the tests are showing positive due to antibodies in the vaccine and people getting tested just have a common cold? These numbers are insanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Okay dumb question: is it possible that the tests are showing positive due to antibodies in the vaccine and people getting tested just have a common cold? These numbers are insanity.
      No.

I'm telling you, the R0 on omicron is breathtakingly high transmission like you haven't seen in your lifetime. And that's a GREAT thing if we continue the pattern of mild, cold-like symptoms. It's gonna wipe out all of the nasty variants post haste. Spring will be a very happy time for all, if this is truly mild.

Remember the only thing that can stop "Normal November" was a very high transmission variant ... meaning probably 8+ ... meaning 1 person infects 8 on average. Well we got it.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; December 20, 2021, 10:04 AM.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No.

I'm telling you, the R0 on omicron is breathtakingly high transmission like you haven't seen in your lifetime. And that's a GREAT thing if we continue the pattern of mild, cold-like symptoms. It's gonna wipe out all of the nasty variants post haste. Spring will be a very happy time for all, if this is truly mild.
        Feeling stuffy already……

Comment

And the answer -- so far -- is a resounding NO, thank God! The key thing to watch for is the yellow graph at the bottom.

What does "all regions" mean?

Comment

• So as Doc said, where are the pop up clinic and proven treatment options?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What does "all regions" mean?
              All regions of New York. This is purely for New York.

Comment

All regions of New York. This is purely for New York.
                Thank you!

Comment

• nm
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; December 20, 2021, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    So as Doc said, where are the pop up clinic and proven treatment options?
                    Yeah, am I off base about this? Someone please tell me why we shouldn't be concentrating on treatments, treatments that we KNOW work, and getting them out in mass.

We seem fixated on vaccinating kids and then how it affects athletes. And unless I am very wrong, almost NO kids have had serious affects from this alien menace, and no athletes have been affected anymore than with the flu.

We know who it causes problems for and why.....why aren't we concentrating on that? ESPECIALLY when the vast majority of people likely to be affected have either been vaccinated or had it already (which IF you survived without "long Covid" is definitely a stronger resistance). It looks like we're still giving between 1.5 and 2 million jabs a week to US folks.

According to this, almost 91% of those over FORTY are vaccinated. NINETY ONE PERCENT. Do they seriously expect 100%?

But please, do go on how it's Maga Trumpists that aren't getting vaccinated (because we know about all the young college aged conservatives and children out there).

And I'm not even discussing the folks that have recovered in those numbers (and you know there are a **** ton of those too).

I don't get it, but maybe I'm too stupid and stubborn to actually get it.

Comment

• I wonder if we just stopped testing for no reason, if we would even know if Covid was still a thing?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        I wonder if we just stopped testing for no reason, if we would even know if Covid was still a thing?
                        The answer today will be quite different than the answer in about four weeks.

Comment

• LOL at the term I just read.....Branch Covidians.

Comment

• What. In. The. F***!

Comment

• Omicron literally will have taken over all other variants in only 4 weeks from its first discovery here?!?

Comment

• So do they sequence every test to get those numbers or do they just estimate?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X