Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

i have had hesitant family members, friends and acquaintances tell me they would be less hesitant to take the Novavax jabs vs the mRNA jabs.

However, not sure will see the Novavax approved in the United State anytime soon.
    Yeah - I know quite a few people like that as well. Seems like it would also be a good booster for the Johnson & Johnson shot vs the mRNA ones that the CDC is now recommending people get for it. But maybe USA approval will happen quick once they submit all the paperwork. It seems like Pfizer is starting to run commercials on the radio and tv, which kind of points to maybe an attempt on their part to become synonymous with covid vaccines vs having people thinking of Novavax in the near future. It would be great if someone did a documentary about the whole vaccine thing - Novavax is responsible for some of the delays they've had, but I'm not sure others haven't thrown roadblocks in their way as well. In the long run though, Novavax may come out a big winner because they have a flu vaccine and they're testing a combination flu/covid shot in Australia and that may become a big seller for them.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• There is almost zero chance for a new vax to be developed, approved, manufactured, and distributed that will be effective for omicron. It's going to hit us WAY too fast.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Does anyone else think lockdowns are imminent?

If not completely like the first time, then closely resembling?

I'm not suggesting I believe this should happen, just that it feels like it's going to happen.

Comment

• It's pretty apparent that Johnson & Johnson missed a payment to Biden and Faucci.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Does anyone else think lockdowns are imminent?

I'm not suggesting I believe this should happen, just that it feels like it's going to happen.
            There are too many governors of red states that would relish telling the feds to go pound sand if they recommended a lockdown. I will never say never, but seriously doubt it will be considered.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Does anyone else think lockdowns are imminent?

I would think how much stress is put on the hospital systems would be the determing factor. But no doubt some states will be more aggressive than others with restrictions and mandates.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I would think how much stress is put on the hospital systems would be the determing factor. But no doubt some states will be more aggressive than others with restrictions and mandates.
                If it's truly mild then clinics need to start handling covid patients and offset the big hospitals that are taking the brunt of the load (if symptoms are less than or equal to flu at this point, why wouldn't they?) -- and the good news is hospital beds and covid wards won't be an issue.

On the other hand, if cases are still severe, then hospitals should be converting beds over _right now_, because for all of their whiny belly aching during r0=5 delta, they ain't seen nothing yet.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

There are too many governors of red states that would relish telling the feds to go pound sand if they recommended a lockdown. I will never say never, but seriously doubt it will be considered.
                  I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    It's pretty apparent that Johnson & Johnson missed a payment to Biden and Faucci.
                    Have you seen the headlines:

”CDC recommends Pfizer/Moderna Vaccines over Johnson and Johnson shot”

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If it's truly mild then clinics need to start handling covid patients and offset the big hospitals that are taking the brunt of the load (if symptoms are less than or equal to flu at this point, why wouldn't they?) -- and the good news is hospital beds and covid wards won't be an issue.

On the other hand, if cases are still severe, then hospitals should be converting beds over _right now_, because for all of their whiny belly aching during r0=5 delta, they ain't seen nothing yet.
                      Instead of wasting time with vaccine shaming over the last few months, great leadership would have been preparing exactly this, imho, with pop up clinics and HUGE ramping up of all the ****ing monoclonal antibodies we can get to every single distribution site in the country for immediate, no questions asked handouts. Every Walgreens, CVS, pop up clinic, hell McDonalds & Wendys for crying out loud.

Treatment, treatment, treatment. Hell, we can get ballots to every Tom, Dick and Henry, how about mass mailings to everyone so they've got them BEFORE they get ill and then they can take them at first sign since early treatment is essential.

But what the **** do I know. Keep shaming people, it's worked so well already.

Comment

• Several states will lock down again. The NBA, NFL, and NCAA are all postponing games or considering it.

Problem for the hospitals is that they have moving goal posts for the hospital beds and several laid off a percentage of their staff. Even if the hospitals are over run, I’m anti-lockdown.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Several states will lock down again. The NBA, NFL, and NCAA are all postponing games or considering it.

Problem for the hospitals is that they have moving goal posts for the hospital beds and several laid off a percentage of their staff. Even if the hospitals are over run, I’m anti-lockdown.
                          First I've heard of hospitals laying off staff. Hospitals haven't been able to keep employees and staffing is much worse than it was this time last year. Even before the pandemic, hospitals in Wichita were understaffed. Those that are still around are burned out. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a hospital and I don't think anyone else should be either.

Fair point by WuDrWu as I'm not aware of anything the current leadership has done to help the situation.
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

First I've heard of hospitals laying off staff. Hospitals haven't been able to keep employees and staffing is much worse than it was this time last year. Even before the pandemic, hospitals in Wichita were understaffed. Those that are still around are burned out. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a hospital and I don't think anyone else should be either.

Fair point by WuDrWu as I'm not aware of anything the current leadership has done to help the situation.
                            First you've heard of it? They've dismissed any and every staff member who didn't want to get the vaccine. I mean they worked through the worst of it with no Vax but then get canned because they don't want it. And I'm sure many already have a natural immunity at this point
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Several states will lock down again. The NBA, NFL, and NCAA are all postponing games or considering it.

Any chance the AAC could take a three month sabbatical?

Comment

• Disclose.tv @disclosetv
                                · 19m
                                JUST IN - New York reports the highest one-day increase of #COVID19 cases on record. NY has the highest vaccination rate among the most populous states in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                                X