No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember prior to 2020. ERs were run like well oiled machines and I can never remember anyone saying they ever spent more than 20 minutes in an ER.

My how times have changed. We should start looking to the government to fix this healthcare crisis that until 2020 and Covid, never had any issues.

Wait times in ERs now??? spending hours in an ER???? Unheard of. (Prior to 2020)
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The latest data from Wesley (Aug 13) is 156 ER visits per week for Covid. They were between 260 and 292 per week for a six week span last winter. Have they created that hill in the last two weeks? If not, why aren’t they keeping up?
      They aren't keeping up with beds because they don't have staff in the hospital. The ER would have become a holding area because there isn't enough staff on the backend to man beds. The covid pts sit in the waiting area so ER beds can be used to treat emergent pts. WuTheOne probably wouldn't have had much different of an ER visit even without covid. That is, unless the ER was empty. I'm sure every single heart attack was treated promptly, as were the stabbings, shootings and every other life threatening condition. The covid pts. were simply being warehoused in the ER waiting room while the bed desk was working at assigning rooms. From an optics standpoint, not the best, but there is little (nothing) that an ER does with covid pts. They pass them through to admissions. With no beds, they sat and waited, the ER continued to work as best they could. Often times, pts needing nothing more than pain meds are discharged.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I hope my post didn't come off as cold, but having a wife that's worked in an ER for more than 30 years, all I hear from her end is that people ***** because they have to wait. Covid pts. do stack up in ERs. There is nothing for an ER to do but swab them and let them sit. The ER can't stop because of covid, they work through it. If the ER has 30 beds, and you have 40 people with covid, and there are zero clean rooms upstairs, the covid pts will wait in the waiting room for beds to open. The ER beds will remain open for real emergencies. And the severe covid pts will be treated in the ER.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          I hope my post didn't come off as cold, but having a wife that's worked in an ER for more than 30 years, all I hear from her end is that people ***** because they have to wait. Covid pts. do stack up in ERs. There is nothing for an ER to do but swab them and let them sit. The ER can't stop because of covid, they work through it. If the ER has 30 beds, and you have 40 people with covid, and there are zero clean rooms upstairs, the covid pts will wait in the waiting room for beds to open. The ER beds will remain open for real emergencies. And the severe covid pts will be treated in the ER.
          What do you (Mrs. MoValley John) think the burden of the segment of society that uses the ER for primary care (because they don't have to pay for it) causes overall crowding? Is it miniscule, or something more?

I ask, having employed literally hundreds of folks that used the ER for just that purpose, no matter how good our insurance was or how much I attempted to help or educate them on how to best handle various illnesses.

Also, a long time ago you suggested some kind of chamber in Omaha to help with respiratory issues related to Covid. Is that still considered a viable treatment, and is it still available there? Just curious.

Thanks!

Comment

• His wife posted on the family’s GoFundMe page that her husband “was an imperfect man but he loved his family and his little girls more than anything.”

Texas man who worked against COVID measures dies from virus

On July 4, 2020, Caleb Wallace helped organize “The Freedom Rally” in San Angelo. People at the event carried signs that criticized the wearing of masks, business closures, the science behind COVID-19, and liberal media. He also organized the group “The San Angelo Freedom Defenders.”
            He dead. Chuck Darwin wins again.

Strange how he would load himself up w/ Ivermectin, but shun an FDA approved vaccine. This fella was utterly confused and lost having been led astray by those he trusted to hold the truth.

Comment

• South African scientists say new coronavirus variant has 'concerning' number of mutations

"C.1.2 is highly mutated beyond C.1 and all other [variants of concern] and [variants of interest] globally with between 44-59 mutations away from the original Wuhan Hu-1 virus," the researchers wrote.

"While the phenotypic characteristics and epidemiology of C.1.2 are being defined, it is important to highlight this lineage given its concerning constellations of mutations," they said.
              The researchers noted that the C.1.2 variant shares several mutations common to all variants of concern — alpha, beta, delta and gamma — as well as three variants of interest. According to the scientists, these mutations likely occurred in a single individual who had a prolonged case of COVID-19, resulting in an accelerated evolution.
              Ya'll have no doubt heard me make these assertions.

"While these mutations are not characteristic of current VOCs/VOIs, they have been associated with escape from certain class 3 neutralizing antibodies," they wrote. "The combination of these mutations presents a potentially novel antigenic landscape for C.1.2 variant specific antibodies."
              Regardless of whether or not all of humanity is taking the pandemic seriously, you can bet the virus is. It's got only one mission: survive to infect, replicate, and expand its presence in the world.

Comment

• It’s weird how today’s society celebrates death of those who don’t believe the same things they do. It’s truly sad.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The researchers noted that the C.1.2 variant shares several mutations common to all variants of concern — alpha, beta, delta and gamma — as well as three variants of interest. According to the scientists, these mutations likely occurred in a single individual who had a prolonged case of COVID-19, resulting in an accelerated evolution.
                  Certainly possible, and depending on what the phenotype looks like, even probable.

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  Ya'll have no doubt heard me make these assertions.
                  You THINK this is what you have been saying, but it isn't. This is different. This is a phenotype of many, many mutations, not a single mutation -- and the difference there is big in determining the likelihood of the source of a variant.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I’m still more scared of TB
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      It’s weird how today’s society celebrates death of those who don’t believe the same things they do. It’s truly sad.
                      Deranged leftism.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You THINK this is what you have been saying, but it isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                          I recently needed a trip to an ER. I'm going to report what I saw without any prejudice for or against the politics associated with reporting anything about covid. There will be an exception at the end of this post.

The entire waiting room at Wesley was filled with covid patients waiting for admission. Those of us without covid were put in a hallway in the ER. There were people in that hallway who had been there for 5 hours without seeing anyone who could process them out of the ER.

I was fortunate. I had a condition that is so painful that in the ER, they go right past morphine and start with fentanyl. It took an hour and a half before someone was available who could administer any pain meds. After another hour and a half I was taken to an ER bed, so I could be monitored as they continued to try to mitigate my pain.

That left people in the ER who had, by then, been waiting 6 hours to be seen by someone.

After 6 hours in the ER, one dose of fentanyl, one CAT scan, and two doses of dilaudid, at about 9:30, it was concluded that I didn't need surgery and that meds should resolve my issue. I was released from the ER because there were neither staff nor beds available to monitor my pain overnight. After 6 hours in the ER, my doc released me and gave me a scrip for pain meds at a pharmacy that wouldn't be open until 11 the next morning and wouldn't have my scrip ready until after 12.

With pain in the range that fentanyl was the first med of choice, I got a scrip for a 5 mg opioid that I wouldn't be able to fill for 15 hours.

At this point I'm going to make some observations. Hospitals are so stressed with covid patients, that non-covid patients are having trouble getting medical attention. Triage units are so stressed that unless you have a serious, and potentially life-threatening condition, you're going to sit in an ER for at least 5 or 6 hours (that I observed) before you can see someone.

"My body, my choice" is impacting the community. It's not just your body. When medical resources are heavily devoted to covid patients, those without covid are severely impacted. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

The meds worked. I'm fine today.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What do you (Mrs. MoValley John) think the burden of the segment of society that uses the ER for primary care (because they don't have to pay for it) causes overall crowding? Is it miniscule, or something more?

I ask, having employed literally hundreds of folks that used the ER for just that purpose, no matter how good our insurance was or how much I attempted to help or educate them on how to best handle various illnesses.

Also, a long time ago you suggested some kind of chamber in Omaha to help with respiratory issues related to Covid. Is that still considered a viable treatment, and is it still available there? Just curious.

Thanks!
                            First, lots of people use the ER for bullsh1t. It's so prevalent, nobody gives it a second thought. It is what it is, and yes, it's a burden.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy never got off the ground because it's logistically too difficult. Very few hospitals have HBO chambers, fewer yet provide 24 hr. HBO care. The limited HBO usage was a successful when implemented before pts. needed a vent. Effectively, HBO treatment supersaturates your body with oxygen. It treats hypoxia, the major cause of covid death. All of the limited studies supported HBO as effective, that said, there is no way to do a double blind study, so no hard proof of its efficacy.

Also, hospitals don't want to lug covid pts. in and out of HBO chambers. It creates a sterilization nightmare, as well as, distribution of the virus throughout the hospital. The only safe way to use HBO would be to purchase chambers for only use with covid, or treat covid pts. overnight. Not gonna happen. The freaking nightmare of expanding HBO covid trials was more than hospitals really want to bear, it's unfortunate.

Comment

• Does anyone know how reputable this publication is?

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital

By Meredith WadmanAug. 26, 2021 , 8:00 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Does anyone know how reputable this publication is?

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital

By Meredith WadmanAug. 26, 2021 , 8:00 PM
                                Fake science.

Nope.

Unolug.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X