Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Does anyone know how reputable this publication is?

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital

By Meredith WadmanAug. 26, 2021 , 8:00 PM
    It’s legit accredited. I no longer believe that makes it reputable.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s legit accredited. I no longer believe that makes it reputable.
      A valid point.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

First, lots of people use the ER for bullsh1t. It's so prevalent, nobody gives it a second thought. It is what it is, and yes, it's a burden.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy never got off the ground because it's logistically too difficult. Very few hospitals have HBO chambers, fewer yet provide 24 hr. HBO care. The limited HBO usage was a successful when implemented before pts. needed a vent. Effectively, HBO treatment supersaturates your body with oxygen. It treats hypoxia, the major cause of covid death. All of the limited studies supported HBO as effective, that said, there is no way to do a double blind study, so no hard proof of its efficacy.

Also, hospitals don't want to lug covid pts. in and out of HBO chambers. It creates a sterilization nightmare, as well as, distribution of the virus throughout the hospital. The only safe way to use HBO would be to purchase chambers for only use with covid, or treat covid pts. overnight. Not gonna happen. The freaking nightmare of expanding HBO covid trials was more than hospitals really want to bear, it's unfortunate.
        That's great, thank you. Obviously if I get it I'll be talking to my doctor, but with all your better half has seen and you have lived through, any suggestions for things to do if infected and showing symptoms? (Older, several co-morbidities including asthma and compromised immune system).

Comment

• Didn't know if I was gonna have time to post this; didn't know if I really wanted to. Ya'll are in luck.

Some new information has come out on reinfections. One study showed as high as a 25% reinfection rate. Another one, in a group of nursing home residents had a fatality rate of almost 13% of those who were reinfected. Back in 2020, I remember reading about there being 10's of thousands of reinfections that were being monitored/recorded in each individual state. Eventually they stopped counting.

At this point I feel fairly confident saying that the mRNA vaccines are as effective or even more effective than asymptomatic-mild Covid infection immunity in prevention of serious illness or hospitalization. I believe that the protection that vaccines afford an individual is quite time-limited though - particularly w/ respect to infection. The experts said this long before the vaccines were ever distributed. "Boosters will likely be necessary", they said.

Vaccines absolutely bolster immunity and thus protection against Covid, regardless of prior natural infection. This is not debated at any credible scientific level. What has been debated (infrequently), is whether or not natural infection is enough. Deductive reasoning tells us it isn't. It is proven that reinfection occurs regardless if immunity is obtained naturally or artificially. It then behooves all rational people to get the vaccine, and eventually the booster around the 5-6 month mark past the 2nd shot of their orig. vaccination. This is the best protection science can offer. Masking, social distancing, and avoiding indoor crowds when significant community spread is occurring, will lower the probability of infection even more, but the effectiveness is marginal compared to gained immunity.

Signed,

Dr. Fauci A. E. (acolyte extraordinaire)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That's great, thank you. Obviously if I get it I'll be talking to my doctor, but with all your better half has seen and you have lived through, any suggestions for things to do if infected and showing symptoms? (Older, several co-morbidities including asthma and compromised immune system).
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Didn't know if I was gonna have time to post this; didn't know if I really wanted to. Ya'll are in luck.

Some new information has come out on reinfections. One study showed as high as a 25% reinfection rate. Another one, in a group of nursing home residents had a fatality rate of almost 13% of those who were reinfected. Back in 2020, I remember reading about there being 10's of thousands of reinfections that were being monitored/recorded in each individual state. Eventually they stopped counting.

At this point I feel fairly confident saying that the mRNA vaccines are as effective or even more effective than asymptomatic-mild Covid infection immunity in prevention of serious illness or hospitalization. I believe that the protection that vaccines afford an individual is quite time-limited though - particularly w/ respect to infection. The experts said this long before the vaccines were ever distributed. "Boosters will likely be necessary", they said.

Vaccines absolutely bolster immunity and thus protection against Covid, regardless of prior natural infection. This is not debated at any credible scientific level. What has been debated (infrequently), is whether or not natural infection is enough. Deductive reasoning tells us it isn't. It is proven that reinfection occurs regardless if immunity is obtained naturally or artificially. It then behooves all rational people to get the vaccine, and eventually the booster around the 5-6 month mark past the 2nd shot of their orig. vaccination. This is the best protection science can offer. Masking, social distancing, and avoiding indoor crowds when significant community spread is occurring, will lower the probability of infection even more, but the effectiveness is marginal compared to gained immunity.

Signed,

We have to get this down to zero!
              Livin the dream

Comment

Didn't know if I was gonna have time to post this; didn't know if I really wanted to. Ya'll are in luck.

Signed,

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

We have to get this down to zero!
                    Full Disclosure: I wouldn't mind a zero infection rate as it pertains to MY person if I can achieve that without living in a cave. I've done all I can do poking my arm with vaccine tech 3x now. I'm prepared for whatever the winter brings I think. Fingers crossed that the mutations slow down. I think El Corona should be very satisfied with itself and consider retiring. The tiniest of enemies knocking the entire world on its ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      That dog DOES NOT look amused lmao!

Comment

Full Disclosure: I wouldn't mind a zero infection rate as it pertains to MY person if I can achieve that without living in a cave. I've done all I can do poking my arm with vaccine tech 3x now. I'm prepared for whatever the winter brings I think. Fingers crossed that the mutations slow down. I think El Corona should be very satisfied with itself and consider retiring. The tiniest of enemies knocking the entire world on its ass.
                        You should feel proud cutting the line.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At this point I feel fairly confident saying that the mRNA vaccines are as effective or even more effective than asymptomatic-mild Covid infection immunity in prevention of serious illness or hospitalization.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You should feel proud cutting the line.
                            https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...75#post1308275

I feel GREAT about it! I actually went to 3 pharmacies that day and there was never a single person signing up for the vax while I was there. My shot probably would have ended up in the dumpster eventually. They expire quickly (5/30 days Pfz/Mod) once thawed.

CB (and his loved ones) are staying lock-step w/ Israel's program.

***EDIT*** Just read this: once the seal on the vial is broken, there's just 6/12 hours to use the shots depending on type. Seems the Moderna vials hold 11/15 shots.
                            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; August 31, 2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• For what it is worth, I was hospitalized in Dec 2020 for Covid in suburban Atlanta. I spent several hours (5-6) pre-triage in the waiting room and then 24 hours on gurney in the hallway before they found a bed for me. Hospital beds are heaven compared to an ER gurney, which is better than sitting is a chair in the waiting room.

My small church made it through the 1st without many cases. We have had multiple case this time around, zero deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Can't say I'm totally bummed about the idea of Trump being unhappy w/ my statement.

Natural:

Several studies have reported that over 90% of people with COVID-19 develop IgG antibodies to the S antigen, even with mild infections. The antibody titers, however, vary widely.

Total and neutralizing antibody titers are highest with more severe disease. This is likely due to the higher viral load or prolonged viral replication, which sustains inflammatory-immune signaling that ultimately results in higher antibody production.
                                Vaccine:

Vaccination with almost all vaccines that are currently in clinical use produce high titers of neutralizing antibodies that are correlated with protection against the virus. With high titers, neutralization persists, even in the presence of emerging variants that have higher resistance to these antibodies.

All approved vaccines have shown the ability to induce neutralizing antibody titers comparable to those which are elicited by natural infection, or higher. These vaccines provide very high levels of protection against moderate to severe COVID-19.
                                The caveat, which you omitted when quoting from my original post, is time. While the vaccine may be superior to all forms of mild-to-moderate infection w/ respect to stimulating high production of neutralizing antibodies, over time, the vaccine protection wanes somewhat. Of course natural immunity wanes as well as coronaviruses historically elicit non-durable immunity. But there's no need to get into the debate of which one lasts the longest. Both types wane in enough folks to cause concern. And since the idea of attempting to get reinfected in order to bolster immunity is absurd, vaccination of infected or uninfected on some interval is the only smart choice.

The End.

Comment

Working...
                                X