No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis doubled down Tuesday in defending his actions and his ban of mask mandates amid the coronavirus pandemic just as the state once again broke its record for COVID-19 hospitalizations.

COVID In Florida: Gov. DeSantis Downplays Coronavirus Threat As State Breaks New Hospitalization Record

MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis doubled down Tuesday in defending his actions and his ban of mask mandates just as the state once again broke its record for COVID-19 hospitalizations.

During an event at Shark Valley in the Everglades, DeSantis gave a reporter a terse response when he was asked about seven children at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital with COVID, two in the ICU. The question was could masks have helped?

“You’re blaming the kids saying they weren’t wearing masks so they’re in the ICU. With all due respect, I find that deplorable to blame a victim who ends up being hospitalized,” said DeSantis.

He never did give his thoughts on whether he thought masks would have helped.

“This has been a really negative thing throughout this whole thing, with some of these, quote, experts, some of the media, somebody can contract a highly transmissible airborne virus and they’re viewed as having done something wrong. That’s just not the way you do it,” he added.

This comes after DeSantis banned all school districts in the state from imposing mask mandates saying he wants to let parents to decide whether children will masks in schools. His Executive Order also empowers the state to deny funding to any districts that don’t comply.
    This is a real evil, incoherent bastard. Cut from the same cloth as his mentor.

Yup. If this sack of malfeasance wins the nomination in 2024, I'll likely be voting blue for the first time in my life.

It would be so easy to just listen to the doctors and do the right thing. But that would be admitting "the Democrats were right". Are human lives worth political capital? Pride even?

Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Same old white privledge. The government is only concerned with getting the white GOP folks vaccinated. Pushing hard toward mandating it for their safety. Meanwhile we have a vast majority of inner city minorities that are also unvaccinated, but the government couldn't care less. Ignoring them almost completely. I don't know where the outrage is at the government's lack of focus on getting those inner city folks vaccinated. And also getting those folks coming here for a better life getting vaccinated immediately after crossing the border.

But the left doesn't really care about brown people. They want them to die.
      Deputize me. I'll vaccinate them. It will be sporting!

Comment

• Anyone wondering if the super spreader event of all super spreader events (Biden's disasterous border crisis) has contributed to the spike in Covid? I find it particularly telling of the Biden / Harris clown show that the majority of these immigrants are sent to Florida. I wonder why this is? Trump is being proven right once again on his border policies.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I've heard from experts that long term affects of getting Covid may lead to erectile dysfunction for those over 65. It also could lead to death at some point in the future for people who tested positive. This is not a virus to take lightly.
          Erectile dysfunction? Really? That pump that fixes it is made in Kansas, I might have to buy one before the hoarders jump in!
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            Anyone wondering if the super spreader event of all super spreader events (Biden's disasterous border crisis) has contributed to the spike in Covid? I find it particularly telling of the Biden / Harris clown show that the majority of these immigrants are sent to Florida. I wonder why this is? Trump is being proven right once again on his border policies.
            Well, we know the migrants aren’t impacting Covid in Florida cuz Biden won’t let the Cuban refugees come in.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• There's a lot of things that cause erectile dysfunction after 65.

I found out why the Covid patient from Kingman had to go to Denver. Wichita hospitals are not accepting out of town or regional patients. That info came from a County Commissioner, who took a tour to see the situation in Wichita hospitals.

Is protecting public health government overreach, or is it a necessary function of government? There are a lot of things an effective government needs to do that are not popular and infringe on one's liberties.

You want an example of radical government taking of individual liberties? How about the draft during Nam. Talk about government taking away liberties - that's a biggie. Quite a bit more serious than telling someone to wear a mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                There's a lot of things that cause erectile dysfunction after 65.

I found out why the Covid patient from Kingman had to go to Denver. Wichita hospitals are not accepting out of town or regional patients. That info came from a County Commissioner, who took a tour to see the situation in Wichita hospitals.

Is protecting public health government overreach, or is it a necessary function of government? There are a lot of things an effective government needs to do that are not popular and infringe on one's liberties.

You want an example of radical government taking of individual liberties? How about the draft during Nam. Talk about government taking away liberties - that's a biggie. Quite a bit more serious than telling someone to wear a mask.
                Thanks for the follow up on the Kingman patient!

On the role of government: that is a philosophical question. I’m sure we very much disagree on that philosophy, and while I’m happy to discuss my stance, I don’t take your statement as an invitation to do so. I will however say that the government agencies that are putting forth policies are doing so in bad faith. They do not have science backing their policy proposals, and as Cold says, death is not the only bad outcome from authoritarian policy.

My only issue with your statement about the draft is that you limited it to “Nam” as opposed to generally.

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Thanks for the follow up on the Kingman patient!

On the role of government: that is a philosophical question. I’m sure we very much disagree on that philosophy, and while I’m happy to discuss my stance, I don’t take your statement as an invitation to do so. I will however say that the government agencies that are putting forth policies are doing so in bad faith. They do not have science backing their policy proposals, and as Cold says, death is not the only bad outcome from authoritarian policy.

My only issue with your statement about the draft is that you limited it to “Nam” as opposed to generally.
                  There was a significantly different situation and the attitude of the draftees was substantially different than the situation and attitudes during the two World Wars. But your point is accurate. Drafting citizens and sending them to their death is an infringement on individual liberties regardless of the specific situation for which that was done.

Plus, I had the experience of "government overreach" and "you're taking away my liberties" during the Nam conflict.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    Plus, I had the experience of "government overreach" and "you're taking away my liberties" during the Nam conflict.
                    Thank you for your service!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Totally agree. What’s your stance on the validity of this scientific statement, “even asymptomatic cases can result in dementia due to effects on the brain that are not immediately noticed but have long-term implications.”
                      Sorry about my other response to your question. I was busy and in a hurry, and misread your question on my phone. I really have no information on dementia results from Covid. It will be something to keep an eye on. I have heard of extended pain such as headaches, etc. but not dementia.

Comment

• iq test.jpg

Comment

• Thoughts:

If vaccines stop Covid, why do the vaccinated have to wear masks?

If masks stop Covid, why do people have to quarantine?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Thoughts:

If vaccines stop Covid, why do the vaccinated have to wear masks?

If masks stop Covid, why do people have to quarantine?
                            a) Because it looks good (and like you really care) in pictures;
                            b) It helps to push your agenda and puts the focus on to Covid and away from the miserable job and poor results of the Dem party;
                            c) Power
                            d) Money

Comment

• This is what you call a mic drop moment for DeSantis. Biden, consider yourself owned dumby...

Finally someone willing to say what every other politician is afraid to say.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted President Joe Biden on Wednesday telling him to do his job and secure the southern border and not say “blip” about the coronavirus until he does.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted President Biden on Wednesday telling him to do his job and secure the southern border and not say "blip" about the coronavirus until he does.

"Why don’t you do your job?" the Florida Republican said during a press conference Wednesday. "Why don't you get this border secure? And until you do that, I don’t wanna hear a blip about COVID from you, thank you."

"This is a guy who ran for office saying he’s going to shut down the virus," DeSantis added. "And what has he done? He’s imported more virus from around the world by having a wide open southern border."

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                This is what you call a mic drop moment for DeSantis. Biden, consider yourself owned dumby...

Finally someone willing to say what every other politician is afraid to say.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted President Joe Biden on Wednesday telling him to do his job and secure the southern border and not say “blip” about the coronavirus until he does.

Maybe he wants to hear a blip from the loved ones of the 40,000 who've died of Covid in his state under his watch?

Comment

Working...
                                X