Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    The greatest medical minds in the world do not work for the government. And they darn sure are not career politicians.
    Yep. Medical minds who go to work for the government (Fauci, et al.) couldn't hack it as a "real" doctor or love the limelight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      The greatest medical minds in the world do not work for the government. And they darn sure are not career politicians.
      A zing-worthy comment and one that's likely to garner no less than 6 likes on this board, but it is a little light on supporting evidence. No doubt common sense would dictate that there are a few medical gems hiding away in university research labs, and top hospitals; but a guy like Dr. Fauci is enough evidence that the medical cream can rise to the top (in government).

Dr. Fauci graduated 1st in his class in 1966 at Cornell Medical College; He has worked at the National Institutes of Health since 1968 and has been at the forefront of U.S. efforts to contend with viral diseases like HIV/AIDS, SARS, the 2009 swine flu pandemic, MERS, Ebola and COVID-19.

He played a significant role in the early 2000s in creating the
      President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief and in driving development of biodefense drugs and vaccines following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Fauci has been a visiting professor at many medical centers, and has received 30 honorary doctorates from universities in the U.S. and abroad.

Fauci has earned the respect of the world over a lifetime of service. If I gave him 10% of the benefit of doubt I had previously given Trump, he would be Jesus Christ incarnate.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

3) I don't need to mix anything new into my data flow. I deal in reality which encompasses logic, statistics, and risk analysis
        Logic is if/then assertions. If a logical hypothesis is put forward, then it can be proven as true or not true. Your hypotheses are infallible and therefore devoid of logic.

Statistics rely on two things to be valuable: accuracy and measurement of the correct variable. If you have those two things, you can state what happened in the past with a degree of certainty. If you wish to say anything about the future, they must be interpreted correctly. I have doubts about the meaning of the statistics you use and how you use them.

Risk analysis sets a scale for an individual. Your risk tolerance is way lower than mine.

In summary, I’m thankful that I live in a different reality than you.
        Livin the dream

Comment

A zing-worthy comment and one that's likely to garner no less than 6 likes on this board, but it is a little light on supporting evidence. No doubt common sense would dictate that there are a few medical gems hiding away in university research labs, and top hospitals; but a guy like Dr. Fauci is enough evidence that the medical cream can rise to the top (in government).

Dr. Fauci graduated 1st in his class in 1966 at Cornell Medical College; He has worked at the National Institutes of Health since 1968 and has been at the forefront of U.S. efforts to contend with viral diseases like HIV/AIDS, SARS, the 2009 swine flu pandemic, MERS, Ebola and COVID-19.

President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief and in driving development of biodefense drugs and vaccines following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Fauci has been a visiting professor at many medical centers, and has received 30 honorary doctorates from universities in the U.S. and abroad.

Fauci has earned the respect of the world over a lifetime of service. If I gave him 10% of the benefit of doubt I had previously given Trump, he would be Jesus Christ incarnate.
          I wonder if he suggested wearing two masks to prevent AIDS?
          Livin the dream

Comment

Yeah, that was probably it. :)

I had to Google "blueanon".

Picking up talking points from Marjorie Greene now? Ouch! Pot meet kettle my friend.

UnPLuGgggggg!
            If you’re going to be conspiratorial, that’s your business. I was just offering an alternative suggestion to your delusions.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Yeah, I smelled a rat with AstraZeneca and spoke about it on here months ago. I almost dragged my folks into one of their vaccine studies. Thankfully we didn't follow through after I did some research on their lack of study transparency. Still a mostly safe vaccine and should be airdropped into all 3rd world countries. It's just not as safe (or effective) as the Pfizer/Moderna option. And Johnson & Johnson's is
              I had previously researched this and clotting issues in young people that didn’t get the vaccine was the same rate as those that did. Not sure if the new data changes this.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Overall risk for blood clots is 1:1000. AZ vaccine has a rate of 1:25000. @coldblooded, you can use that in your risk analysis.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Logic is if/then assertions. If a logical hypothesis is put forward, then it can be proven as true or not true. Your hypotheses are infallible and therefore devoid of logic.

Statistics rely on two things to be valuable: accuracy and measurement of the correct variable. If you have those two things, you can state what happened in the past with a degree of certainty. If you wish to say anything about the future, they must be interpreted correctly. I have doubts about the meaning of the statistics you use and how you use them.

Risk analysis sets a scale for an individual. Your risk tolerance is way lower than mine.

In summary, I’m thankful that I live in a different reality than you.
                  Interesting post.

1) They're not my hypothesis. People are either sick or they're not. Infections are either rising or they're not. Diseases are either infectious or they're not.

2) You can doubt anything you like about "my" analysis/opinions, but I have a track record on this board, and it's freely available for anyone to check.

3) Indeed. My risk tolerance is likely lower on this issue than yours. But it's all logical/rational/game theory. I've been told I have the disposition of an epidemiologist. Surprisingly, outside of this pandemic, I'm not a classic germaphobe. The following immortal words of Dr. Fauci resonate with me: "If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing." He's been correct all along.

4) There really aren't "different realities". There's reality and then there are states of being deluded. I agree that general happiness in life is a mixture of many factors - including mild delusion. With respect to the pandemic, any sort of delusion will equate to more suffering and death. I don't expect anybody to face reality as I do, I'm a unique bird and my logic is cold and unwavering (and tested). I've made it through the kind of existential crisis that strips a person of everything they thought they knew. I had to put my worldview back together, piece by piece, using nothing that was "given" to me as a child. It's a journey that afflicts the cerebral and many don't survive. "Thankfully", I'm not brave(noble?) enough to be suicidal. Today I enjoy a clear understanding of the meaning of life and fully accept my mortality.

In short; I'm wide awake.

I do envy those with simple, innocent, views on life. But I had no choice in the matter. I know where they keep the Santa Claus suit hidden.

Yes, ignorance is bliss.

Good talk!

Comment

I wonder if he suggested wearing two masks to prevent AIDS?
                    Two masks on the tallywacker? When I was a young pup, I did that once or twice lol. Today that would be a one-way trip to limp noodle land. I'm doing good performing with just one.

I truly hate masks - on either orifice. But they serve a purpose and I don't mind sacrifice.

Comment

• Owned again. Sigh.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• VALLEY CENTER, Kan. (KSNW) — The Valley Center school district is planning to vote Thursday on whether to drop its mask and social distancing requirements. The discussion comes after the board rece…

VALLEY CENTER, Kan. (KSNW) — The Valley Center school district is planning to vote Thursday on whether to drop its mask and social distancing requirements.

The discussion comes after the board received a complaint from former Sedgwick County Commissioner Richard Ranzau.

The board held a special hearing Monday to discuss the complaint from Ranzau, whose son attends Valley Center High School.
                        He invoked a new state law that requires a speedy hearing for anyone objecting to COVID-19 restrictions.

“If we continue wearing these masks, we’re inhibiting that natural God-given process of natural immunity. You need to be exposed to it. Our children need to be exposed to it. I want my child to be exposed to all those things because it helps him develop his immunity,” said Ranzau.

“Would we be doing this if this was the flu? It’s not the flu. It’s COVID-19. the instances of it being spread to others and causing great harm to others is there,” said Mike Bonner, Valley Center Schools assistant superintendent.
                        What a ****ing idiot.

Maybe don't bother getting your child vaccinated for Diphtheria, Hib, Measles, Pertussis, Polio, Pneumococcal, Tetanus, etc., either. Stay with that "God-given process" theme.

****ing! Idiots!

Comment

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you’ve never seen nor uttered the word “Fauci” prior to 2020.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://www.ksn.com/news/health/coro...ter-complaint/

What a ****ing idiot.

Maybe don't bother getting your child vaccinated for Diphtheria, Hib, Measles, Pertussis, Polio, Pneumococcal, Tetanus, etc., either. Stay with that "God-given process" theme.

****ing! Idiots!

Where in that quote did he suggest not getting vaccines?

My God, you’re on edge today. Got stood up at the park bench last night or something?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://www.ksn.com/news/health/coro...ter-complaint/

What a ****ing idiot.

****ing! Idiots!

Flu is actually more dangerous to children than C19. There is also an ongoing meta study that shows that masks are less successful in preventing C19 than the flu.

Livin the dream

Comment

Flu is actually more dangerous to children than C19. There is also an ongoing meta study that shows that masks are less successful in preventing C19 than the flu.
                                You don't have the full facts (nobody does) on the long-term implications of a Covid infection.

Case-in-point:

Germany’s Robert Koch Institute (RKI) is concerned about the increasing spread of coronavirus in nurseries and schools, Zeit reports.

“The number of Covid-19 cases is increasing again in all age groups, but particularly strongly among children and adolescents,” says a newsletter from the institute.

Adolescents were “also increasingly [driving] transmissions”, it added.
                                Remember not too long ago when we were told that children pose minor to no risk of spreading the disease and we need to open schools immediately?

ASS-U-ME-ptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X