Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get my first shot on Wednesday.
    It will be Pfizer.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I haven't asked my wife, but I think there is an unwritten rule, same as your birthday, Valentines Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve, the day you get your shot, your spouse is obligated to give it up. So Thursday, I might be sore, but I hope its not from the shot.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I haven't asked my wife, but I think there is an unwritten rule, same as your birthday, Valentines Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve, the day you get your shot, your spouse is obligated to give it up. So Thursday, I might be sore, but I hope its not from the shot.
        I got my second shot two weeks ago today and have yet to collect on that obligation.

All I got was Bud Lite and a bag of Doritos.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          I get my first shot on Wednesday.
          It will be Pfizer.
          I beat you by 2 days. And the soreness that I was feeling was just a bandaid straining against a gun that was aching to be free. No soreness at all now after removal. But the dumb broad jammed the needle right into the middle of some of my ink. It better not scar.

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          I haven't asked my wife, but I think there is an unwritten rule, same as your birthday, Valentines Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve, the day you get your shot, your spouse is obligated to give it up. So Thursday, I might be sore, but I hope its not from the shot.
          Be careful what you wish for. And if she tells you she has a surprise pegging in store for you, just know that she isn't talking about the act of setting a fixed exchange rate between two currencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

I got my second shot two weeks ago today and have yet to collect on that obligation.

All I got was Bud Lite and a bag of Doritos.
            I'm going to Tulsa later this year to bike ride in the Tulsa Tough. On the way, I'll stop in Wichita, book a massage for you at the same "spa" Deshaun Watson uses, buy you some more Bud Lite, but switch up and get you some Funyuns.

Comment

• I'm so happy to have Pfizer tech inside my body right now.

P.S. Even though I was able to fit into one of the categories, they do not give any ****s whether or not you are "qualified" to receive the vaccine at this point. Just fill out the questionnaire and check something, print and sign it ahead of time, and you're good to go. I would choose a condition like asthma or hypertension. If you fudge on the occupational part they might ask for a badge or paycheck. Again, nobody asked me a thing except if my name, address, and DOB was correct on the form I printed out from the online application. Go get your effing vaccine brothers and sisters (I'm literally talking to 5 other dudes right now in this thread lol and they're probably all vaccinated).

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                CB's left arm is getting sore... you know what that means...

Watch out world! I'm makin' a comeback!
                Didn't know Cold was a lefty. Didn't need to find out like this.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Didn't know Cold was a lefty. Didn't need to find out like this.

I truly am a lefty too! Unless I'm mixing things up and going with the European grip.

A fella can be confident when shaking CB's right hand that it hasn't been in places it shouldn't.

Comment

• My wife and I are scheduled for our first round vaccination tomorrow morning in Andover. It is the Moderna vaccine.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

CB's left arm is getting sore... you know what that means...

Watch out world! I'm makin' a comeback!
                      So you're not gonna follow the CDC's guidelines after vaccination and that is to remain isolated and mask on?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You've pretty much got it nailed!

A woman suffering from intense chronic back pain, a veteran that can't stop the nightmares, or the random civilian that contracted Covid and now suffers from Acute Covid Syndrome, are all cases deserving the utmost sympathy.

Britney losing her cell phone and hanging herself in the back yard in protest; or Hunter driving his car into a tree drunk because he wasn't allowed to attend football practice while under quarantine does not compare.

Much of the spread of this pandemic has been by entitled youth with little empathy and consideration for others. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a young person learning the valuable lesson of sacrifice and suffering for their fellow man. All those (including myself) who've sacrificed and suffered through this pandemic have a lot to be proud of. All of us have undoubtedly saved the life and health of many, many others. And that's saying nothing of our own.

There was a time when a young man kissed his mother and went off to war to never return. All we asked of our youth in 2020 was to do their homework online for a few months, play extra video games, and wear a mask every time they were out in public. Had I been a suicidal child and then found out I didn't have to get up for school the rest of the year, I think that alone would have snapped me right out of it.

DISCLAIMER: I am not making light of people with real depression stemming from psychological trauma or chemical imbalances. I AM making light of suicides for missing the prom - particularly when compared to people with REAL ****ING PROBLEMS.

That is all.
                        I hope nobody you ever know, a parent, a sibling, a friend, a Tinder date never succumbs to suicide for whatever reason. Somehow I think that life would be of more value to you than the heartless bullshit you just excused yourself about. You're one sick ass mother****er.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So you're not gonna follow the CDC's guidelines after vaccination and that is to remain isolated and mask on?
                          The CDC's guidance is changing monthly w/ the vaccination totals, hospitalizations, and community infection rates. I'll abide by what they recommend. I understand fully the concept of not letting your foot off the gas until you've reached the finish line.

Comment

The CDC's guidance is changing monthly w/ the vaccination totals, hospitalizations, and community infection rates. I'll abide by what they recommend. I understand fully the concept of not letting your foot off the gas until you've reached the finish line.
                            Triple mask, triple condom! We have to not just beat this insidious alien virus, we need to stomp the life out of it and then taunt it with a celebratory end zone dance.

No virus, no babies.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Mask under gaiter (full not half) for me, and that's when I DO in fact get out, which is rare. I go to the store only at slow times. I don't dine out. Rarely take out (mask, no contact) and only occasionally Door Dash ( I don't want them to get sick because I'm an enabler). Haven't seen family in a year and my chronic lung issues (attributable to asthma) have gotten progressively worse due to the constant double mask wearing.

But damnit we're beating this thing so it's no time to take your foot off the gas!

Comment

• Not sure why we have to stop at covid. Let’s eradicate every disease out there. There’s tons of other diseases and viruses killing people. Why do covid lives matter more?

#maskup4lyfe
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X