Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Viral dose, viral load and immune response plays a huge factor. A viral dose of one is probably not going to infect anyone. Kind of like how many sperm it takes to knock up the cheerleader. Low sperm count can make that a near impossibility. While a single sperm gets the job done, it takes a village. How big of a village to make covid infectious is not known, but its greater than one.
    Nearly statistically impossible, but still possible. I like to be very accurate when I speak. Ultimately it only takes one virus and it only takes one sperm, but those scenarios will likely never play out. I still wouldn't allow someone to blow a single healthy Covid virus up my nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Nearly statistically impossible, but still possible. I like to be very accurate when I speak. Ultimately it only takes one virus and it only takes one sperm, but those scenarios will likely never play out. I still wouldn't allow someone to blow a single healthy Covid virus up my nose.
      Nope.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Nope.
          Yep.

One Virus Particle Is Enough To Cause Infectious Disease

Date:March 14, 2009Source:Wageningen University and Research CentreSummary:Can exposure to a single virus particle lead to infection or disease? Until now, solid proof has been lacking. Experimental research with insect larvae has shown that one virus particle is theoretically enough to cause infection and subsequent disease.

Comment

• I don't even know where to begin with this. Completely insane! So, it is the citizens responsibility to make sure that other areas of the community are complying and helping to bring down infections?

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-equity-metric

California’s larger counties will not be permitted to reopen their economies further unless they reduce coronavirus infections in the hardest hit places where the poor, Black people, Latinos and Pacific Islanders live.

Under a new state requirement for reopening during the pandemic, counties with more than 106,000 residents must bring infections down in these places and invest heavily there in testing, contact tracing, outreach and providing means for infected people to isolate. Los Angeles is one county sure to be affected, along with others in Southern California.

Comment

• curated by Marilyn M. Singleton, M.D., J.D. – http://marilynsingletonmdjd.com/ Updated September 26, 2020 Introduction COVID-19 is as politically-charged as it is infectious. Early in the COVID-19 pandemic, the WHO, the CDC and NIH’s Dr. Anthony […]

from the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

from the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
                Very comprehensive list of the data. I have over the last 7 months read over a dozen of those studies. It does a good job of separating the risk/reward of masks and deconflates “mask” by the various types.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• How about right now?

Sweden Tries to Isolate Covid-19 Cases Without a Lockdown as Infections Surge

The new measures recommend that all members of a household isolate for a week if one gets infected
                  It's not magic, it's science.

Comment

• Are you finally getting the balls to counter my prediction and make one of your own?

It's not magic. It's science.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Are you finally getting the balls to counter my prediction and make one of your own?

It's not magic. It's science.
                      I don't use my balls with Covid, I use my brains.

And my ears. I just listen to the science. :)

Don't put all your hopes and dreams in a disciplined population of 10M living in rugged isolation.

Better to put your hope in a solid fitting mask. :P

Comment

• Finally!!! Someone with some real sense!! Make that 6,300 medical practitioners with some sense.

Thousands of medical practitioners and public health scientists have signed a declaration arguing for an alternative public health approach to dealing with covid-19. The Great Barrington Declaration,1 published on Monday 5 October, was drawn up by three epidemiologists and public health experts from Harvard, Oxford, and Stanford universities, who describe their approach as “focused protection” of the people most at risk. As of Wednesday 7 October almost 6300 medical practitioners and public health scientists from the US, the UK, and other nations had signed the declaration. The authors—Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard, Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology at Oxford, and Jay Bhattacharya, professor of medicine and economics at Stanford—said that because older people were 1000 times more likely to die …

The Great Barrington Declaration,1 published on Monday 5 October, was drawn up by three epidemiologists and public health experts from Harvard, Oxford, and Stanford universities, who describe their approach as “focused protection” of the people most at risk.

As of Wednesday 7 October almost 6300 medical practitioners and public health scientists from the US, the UK, and other nations had signed the declaration.

The authors—Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard, Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology at Oxford, and Jay Bhattacharya, professor of medicine and economics at Stanford—said that because older people were 1000 times more likely to die of covid-19 than younger people, an “age stratified” approach could allow resources to be focused on older and high risk patients, while allowing younger and healthier people to attend school and keep businesses open.

They argue that focused protection would reduce the “collateral harms” of lockdown, including deaths from suicides, reduced childhood immunization, and increases in domestic violence.

Gupta said that widespread starvation was another serious consequence of lockdowns—a concern underscored by a report from the charity Oxfam,2 which found that border closures, curfews, and travel restrictions had caused breaks in the food supply that threatened to cause 12 000 deaths a day worldwide, exceeding the 10 000 deaths a day recorded from covid-19 in April.3
                        Kulldorff said that, with focused protection, low risk people could remain active and that this would help communities reach herd immunity sooner, which could shorten the duration and harms of lockdowns.4 Herd immunity, he said at a meeting in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, “is not a strategy—but a biological reality that will arrive sooner or later, either naturally or through a vaccine, or both.”

He defended the Swedish approach, saying that “schools were never closed for children aged 1 to 15, with zero covid-19 deaths . . .and the United States has now passed Sweden in terms of deaths per million inhabitants, despite Sweden having an older, more high risk population.”5

Comment

• Did WHO official just admit that COVID-19 death rate is similar to that of the flu?

A top WHO official has now given us the denominator we were looking for, which proves that the fatality rate of this virus is right in line with seasonal flus, although more people will be infected.

Comment

• Sweden has 23 persons hospitalized.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Sweden is becoming very draconian! Due to the increased rate of infection, Sweden will do the following:

1. Increase testing
                              2. Request that all members of a household with a confirmed case quarantine for one week.
                              3. Recommend that anyone with cold like symptoms not go to work.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Finally!!! Someone with some real sense!! Make that 6,300 medical practitioners with some sense.
                                6,300 practitioners is an outlier.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X