Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Is it plausible that Wichita, similar to much of the southern parts of the country, is just now "getting" it, and that the shutdown in March-May was premature and did little except cause future staffing problems at the hospitals due to layoffs (except of course the lockdowns of the nursing/retirement facilities which I think we can all agree needed to happen as fast as possible)?
    Yep. Proof that the shutdown should have been tiered based on area. Obviously more densely populated areas should lockdown first with those with lower populations who will be slower to see the spread should have been tiered towards later. Seems logical, which is probably why it didn't happen that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’ve thought this since the beginning. NYC got it and the whole country shut down.

This is where Faucci and the federal gov should be offering recommended trigger levels for shutting down/mask wearing based on positives/hospitalizations/deaths.

This is also why lockdown measures should occur on a county/state level.

Colorado is doing fine. They opened up at the same time as Georgia.
      Seems logical.

Comment

• There’s hope...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• IMG_20200714_213206.jpg
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• lmao
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              lmao
              I couldn’t get past the set of tractor beams...
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Here are the results as posted in the New England Journal of Medicine:

Comment

• Stay at home orders said to be coming for squirrels in Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    First thing I noticed was its a HYPERmart. Have only seen those in Kansas City. Then I noticed the other things.....and then the mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Stay at home orders said to be coming for squirrels in Colorado.

Oh great. Now I have to put up with Cold again on an entirely different topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Here are the results as posted in the New England Journal of Medicine:

I had heard that the side effects (from the study) of the Covid vaccine were quite bad and people stated that they were wary of the vaccine. However, I had a shingles vaccine and it had side effects too (quite a few similar to the ones listed in this study, and while shingles isn't life threatening, that I know about, people who have had it would have been quite happy with the side effects of the vaccine. Shingles is a very bad disease to obtain. Sometimes, side effects aren't the worse thing.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee...ve-nearly-dies

Tennessee doctor who tested positive after leading coronavirus meeting now on the mend, said he almost died

“I absolutely did not die from the virus, and I praise God for that daily," he said
                          Dr. Daniel Lewis, who serves as the chief medical officer for a Tennessee hospital, claimed to have almost died when he contracted COVID-19 after attending a meeting about how to limit the spread of the virus in the medial center.

One of Lews' colleagues had a mild cough during the March meeting and was hit with severe symptoms later that night, USA Today reported.

Lewis, 42, began to experience hallucinations, blood clots and muscle atrophy shortly thereafter.

“Coronavirus does not respect your person. You don’t have to be elderly,” he said. “It’s an apolitical virus that can strike anyone. While there are certain risk factors that may predispose some people to being more ill than others, it can strike people like myself that otherwise were healthy.”
                          Lewis bounced back after being quarantined and hospitalized for over a month, but still thinks he has a way to go on the road to recovery.

“I absolutely did not die from the virus, and I praise God for that daily,” he said. “But I’ve now spent three months of life recovering from the virus with more to go … I will continue to seek care for this in follow-up visits probably for the rest of my life."

Lewis was one of the first infections in Greene County back on March 30 and did not have any serious underlying health conditions, according to USA Today. He was eventually checked into his own hospital where he worked at Greenville Community and couldn't have visitors.
                          He was later transferred to a larger hospital and spent the next several weeks in isolation, during which time he required the use of a ventilator. After being transferred once more to a rehab facility in May, he was finally released, 38 days after first entering the hospital.
                          Chalk this one up in the old "did not die column"!!!11111

42 year old healthy doctor.

This Coronavirus is a left-wing hoax.

"99% of Coronavirus cases are totally harmless" - DJT 7/5/20

T

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dc/5441730002/

Trump administration orders hospitals to send coronavirus data to Washington, not the CDC
                            The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all COVID-19 patient information to a central database in Washington starting Wednesday, according to a Health and Human Services document updated July 10.
                            Public health experts and infectious disease scientists are sounding an alarm on the new protocols, noting that further politicization of this pandemic will hurt frontline workers and patients.

“Placing medical data collection outside of the leadership of public health experts could severely weaken the quality and availability of data, add an additional burden to already overwhelmed hospitals and add a new challenge to the U.S. pandemic response,” Dr. Thomas File, president of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, said in a statement.
                            He also said collecting and reporting public health data is a “core function of the CDC” and bypassing the agency would “undermine our nation’s public health experts.”

“As infectious diseases physicians, front-line providers and scientists, we urge the administration to follow public health expertise in addressing this public health crisis,” File said.
                            I cannot see ANYTHING wrong with this at all. I mean... who's this fly-by-night organization called the CDC anyway??

The silver lining in all this is that we will likely see much less reported deaths going forward.

Is this actually happening in America?

Holy ****!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Colorado is lagging. They have not stopped covid, it is just percolating with 300-400 cases per day. They are just in a slow boil and don't realize it.
                              A slow boil is the ideal when you're dealing with a pandemic as you know. You hope to keep everything at a "slow boil" until therapies and vaccines are instituted. Massive testing, contact tracing, and limitations of community gathering (the "new normal") is a society's only hope. Like Michael Jordan, it can't be stopped, it can only hope to be contained.

T

Comment

• Bout time someone called him out. He's been skating by with little to no criticism. If I were wrong as much as he has been in my job, I would have been canned.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...es/5439374002/

Dr. Anthony Fauci has a good bedside manner with the public, but he has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.

In late January, when I was making the case on behalf of the president to take down the flights from China, Fauci fought against the president’s courageous decision — which might well have saved hundreds of thousands of American lives.

When I warned in late January in a memo of a possibly deadly pandemic, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was telling the news media not to worry.

When I was working feverishly on behalf of the president in February to help engineer the fastest industrial mobilization of the health care sector in our history, Fauci was still telling the public the China virus was low risk.

When we were building new mask capacity in record time, Fauci was flip-flopping on the use of masks.

Comment

Working...
                                X