Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    This will be a no graph night. The crayons are not coming out.

The State of the Union is... sick.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/a...e-15397554.php

Dr. Fauci is the man. He's not God. But he speaks with wisdom, knowledge, and foresight. Doing very well at 79 yrs. young.

It is a very sad day today. I hope we all take great care of ourselves and our families going forward, because there are folks out there tonight with much regret and much discomfort. If the bug is gonna get ya, don't let it get ya from stupidity. Remain resolved to break up its viral party using any practical means available.

The infection you block, may save many more lives than you'd ever imagine.

T

Funny how when it comes to masks and the stats, the lefty's are all about the science behind it and we must trust the science, but when it comes to the initial response it is all Trump's fault. The fact that the "science" led experts were advising him, but they are blameless in that. Hypocrisy at it's finest, eh Cold.

Comment

At the beginning it was a ploy to save the PPE for the healthcare workers.
      Not really. The WHO only just recently admitted that the evidence is pointing to that fact that masks can help stop the transmission of covid. Of course Fauci is now trying to save face in light of their incompetence.

Either way It doesn't matter whether you think they were incompetent or just dishonest. Once you lose the public trust it hard to get it back.

Comment

Would you like some free advice on visiting gyms?

What happened to the bike?

T

I do both. Rode 25 miles tonight. Went to the gym earlier. Gym requires masks, 25% capacity. Only every third cardio unit is open. Every other machine and bench is closed, no working out in pairs and social distancing is monitored and enforced via cctv. Showers are closed and strict sanitizing of every piece of equipment is required. There just might be more machine sanitation happening than weight lifting. I wear the mask at the gym. I DON'T fidget with or touch my mask once on. My mask is sealed very well.

As for the probability of me getting sick, my resting heart rate is 52, my sleeping heart rate, with a cpap, is 38-45 . and my oxygen saturation hovers at 93-95%. Yes, my watch tracks my biometrics 24 hours a day. My lung function really limits my risk of becoming sick should I comtract the virus. I know, should I contract the virus, I could spread it, but I go a long way to avoid contact with anyone in a risk group, and while I attend events where social distancing is suspect, I do my part to stay away from others. I had my now friggin 4th test on Friday. Came back negative on Tuesday. I'm now getting accustomed to them swabbing my brainstem.

While gyms can be a dangerous place, my gym has gone above and beyond, I'm probably safer there than at the grocery store with a bunch of mouth breathing, poor mask fitting, ass scratching- produce touching animals all fighting over a box of Trix.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I do both. Rode 25 miles tonight. Went to the gym earlier. Gym requires masks, 25% capacity. Only every third cardio unit is open. Every other machine and bench is closed, no working out in pairs and social distancing is monitored and enforced via cctv. Showers are closed and strict sanitizing of every piece of equipment is required. There just might be more machine sanitation happening than weight lifting. I wear the mask at the gym. I DON'T fidget with or touch my mask once on. My mask is sealed very well.

As for the probability of me getting sick, my resting heart rate is 52, my sleeping heart rate, with a cpap, is 38-45 . and my oxygen saturation hovers at 93-95%. Yes, my watch tracks my biometrics 24 hours a day. My lung function really limits my risk of becoming sick should I comtract the virus. I know, should I contract the virus, I could spread it, but I go a long way to avoid contact with anyone in a risk group, and while I attend events where social distancing is suspect, I do my part to stay away from others. I had my now friggin 4th test on Friday. Came back negative on Tuesday. I'm now getting accustomed to them swabbing my brainstem.

While gyms can be a dangerous place, my gym has gone above and beyond, I'm probably safer there than at the grocery store with a bunch of mouth breathing, poor mask fitting, ass scratching- produce touching animals all fighting over a box of Trix.
          Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher,
          vanity of vanities! All is vanity.

Comment

Speaking of "swabbing"... since the virus is so contagious and deadly, why wouldn't a simple 'saliva swab' from the mouth be sufficient?

You've had 4 of these? Yikes!!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Trump says Fauci 'made a lot of mistakes'

"Dr. Fauci is a nice man, but he's made a lot of mistakes," Trump said.

"A lot of them said don't wear a mask, don't wear a mask," the president added. "Now they are saying wear a mask. A lot of mistakes were made, a lot of mistakes."

"Trump also said he expects to be wearing a mask when he goes to Walter Reed hospital on Saturday to visit wounded troops."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Speaking of "swabbing"... since the virus is so contagious and deadly, why wouldn't a simple 'saliva swab' from the mouth be sufficient?

You've had 4 of these? Yikes!!
                The swab is just a ruse. Being overwhelmed due to hysteria and price control abuses, the labs have had to change tactics. To keep testing affordable and in the interest of getting timely results out, the testing labs start by sorting your paperwork:

Do you know anybody that has or has had COVID-19? --> Stack A.

No? --> Stack B.

Now if you are stack A and they roll higher than a 14 on a 20-sided Dungeons and Dragons dice then you have it.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• She makes some good points... it's been difficult for everyone...

Comment

Heart rate of 38? Well now... you really put the D in the "tiny slices of death" now don't you?

If you tell me you sleep in an icebox too, I will be convinced you are a Universal Soldier.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      She makes some good points... it's been difficult for everyone...

I feel EXACTLY like this little tot!

T

Comment

Heart rate of 38? Well now... you really put the D in the "tiny slices of death" now don't you?

If you tell me you sleep in an icebox too, I will be convinced you are a Universal Soldier.

T

I thought the same thing. When I started seeing my sleeping heartrate dip into the 40's, I talked to my wife and doctor about it. Apparently, it's not all that uncommon for runners and bikers to get low heart rates. Before I started exercising, my resting heart rate was in the 80's and if it got hot, I sweated Crisco and bacon fat.

Apparently, some people new to the medical profession will get nervous about slow heart rates, but if you have a strong heart and lungs, and you're not hypoxic, its just your body doing its job.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I use a treadmill to run three times a week, bike a minimum of 20 miles almost daily and spend an hour on the elliptical twice a week. From former type 2 diabetic, to fitness nut. Had I not changed my habits, covid would have killed me by now.

Anyway, here is what the internet says about a slow heart rate.
                          Screenshot_20200710-134959_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200710-134943_Samsung Internet.jpg

Comment

I thought the same thing. When I started seeing my sleeping heartrate dip into the 40's, I talked to my wife and doctor about it. Apparently, it's not all that uncommon for runners and bikers to get low heart rates. Before I started exercising, my resting heart rate was in the 80's and if it got hot, I sweated Crisco and bacon fat.
                            Lucky! After making sweet love to the wife I'm usually "lights out". So I figure since I'm more tired then usual, this must be a good time to take my resting heart rate. Damned if it isn't always in the 100s.
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Apparently, some people new to the medical profession will get nervous about slow heart rates, but if you have a strong heart and lungs, and you're not hypoxic, its just your body doing its job.
                              I know all about Bradycardia brother. I was just teasin' ya... a little. There are a few things to consider though which I won't go into detail on. You're monitoring yourself though which is great!

I would also offer one free bit of advice that you are welcome to ignore: too much excercise can be bad as well - particularly as we age. I gleaned some wisdom from Dr. Galichia once on that subject. It really changed my perspective on more is better with respect to physical exertion.

Moderation in everything gentlemen (except when it comes to pleasing your women) and you will live a fine life indeed!

T

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X