Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
    So far this week.....

We are going to end up with a week where the total dying will be about 25% of our total.

We lost one below 20 this week, one in their 20's, one in their 30's and one in their 50's. The victims are getting younger, which should be no surprise.
    When you say we, what are you referring to? US? Texas? Kansas? Wichita?

Please provide statistics to back up the 25% death rate.

The four "younger" people you noted. I am curious out of how many deaths?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

When you say we, what are you referring to? US? Texas? Kansas? Wichita?

Please provide statistics to back up the 25% death rate.

The four "younger" people you noted. I am curious out of how many deaths?
      * Texas, specifically where I live.
      * 25% death rate means that the number of people who have died (the physical count) increased by 25% this week. For instance, if, in my area, we had observed 120 deaths, that would be over 30, which is 25% of 120, with one more day to go this week.
      * I don't want to provide the exact count because I may not want everyone to know where I live, but let's say this week should come in around 40 dead.
      * In terms of the younger people dying, it would be about 12% of our weekly total, which would mean 3-4% of the entire total, noting that there have probably been additional deaths in those age groups which occurred previously during the last peak, which would push the total up.

Again, we have in the low hundreds on ventilators and around mid hundreds in the ICU, with current hospitalizations in the low thousands. At one time, getting put on a vent meant you had a good chance of not making it, I'm not sure exactly how many are surviving now, but even if it is 50%, we could easily see another 150-200 dead, I'm factoring in that most of the ICU group will recover, but some of them will also end up on ventilators (let's say 100) so that would probably be towards the higher number (with an additional 50 or so dying). I had a good friend who lives in Springfield, Mo, he got Covid from his wife's family and was in the ICU, he got a plasma donation, I figure that saved him, based on what I have heard is the protocol for deciding whether a patient gets plasma or not. He said it did, at least. I'm guessing he is in his early to mid 50's, his kids are just getting out of his house. He did not have to go on a ventilator.

Also, the majority of people testing positive are under 40.

Just so you know, there have been over 400 die in Harris County (Houston), and looks like 650 or so in the DFW metro (Tarrant and Dallas counties).
      Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; July 9, 2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• The nice thing is those of us that ride bikes are in the lowest risk group of (1) contracting the virus (2, 3 or whatever the **** number we are on) spreading the virus and (c) getting sick if we do indeed get infected.

ccd34c569e861e187e1d9e17d35d4c29.jpeg.jpg
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Sorry. I just felt the need of paraphrasing Ricky from TPB. This thread is getting so macabre.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Today at the gym they were giving away free reusable masks with their logo. It was a nice touch.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/couple...SULYCwVsRlPrVY

WEAR MASKS

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                If you have an out-of-house coronavirus crush, the study says, besides keeping your mask on, you should avoid kissing, any oral-to-anal act and anything else that involves semen or urine. Shower before and after, and clean the space with alcohol wipes or soap.
                I can understand kissing, but no oral-to-anal? C'mon now... that's a bit much. Where's my LIBERTY!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  Today at the gym they were giving away free reusable masks with their logo. It was a nice touch.
                  Would you like some free advice on visiting gyms?

What happened to the bike?

T

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Pounding the puppy still ok? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Now imagine if from the very beginning, we as a country adopted mask wearing. Imagine if the president put one on right away (he's an admitted germaphobe so he should actually find relief). This entire mask issue would not have become politicized. How many lives do you think would have been saved had everybody worn face coverings? Look no further than to Japan, S. Korea, and China.
                      Who is to blame for that? The WHO, CDC, Dr. Fauci and the Surgeon General.

Had they came out from the start instead of jerking people around, you would not have such a big issue with people wearing mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Had they came out from the start instead of jerking people around, you would not have such a big issue with people wearing mask.
                        Those are all of Cold’s gods. Good luck getting him to admitting to that fail.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

At the beginning it was a ploy to save the PPE for the healthcare workers. They were literally lying to us for the "greater good". But soon after it became the Trump show on masks. He was too cool for them and his most die-hard followers walked in lockstep. Masks are for those Chinese people anyway right?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...s-constituents

Ohio state Rep. Nino Vitale is urging his constituents not to get tested for the coronavirus, flouting advice from health officials — and from another Republican lawmaker, Gov. Mike DeWine.

"This is what happens when people go crazy and get tested," Vitale wrote on Facebook this week. "STOP GETTING TESTED!"

Vitale was evidently incensed by an order from DeWine and state health officials that people in seven Ohio counties with severe outbreaks must wear face coverings when out in public. That order took effect Wednesday.

Vitale shared an altered graphic about the order — in that version, there is an extra message at the bottom:

"!! NEVER GET TESTED !!"
                          No comment from me is necessary on this besides: S.M.M.F.H

Yes, I know it's NPR, ShockingButTrue. Easy boy...

T

Comment

• This will be a no graph night. The crayons are not coming out.

The State of the Union is... sick.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/a...e-15397554.php

In a news briefing Thursday, Fauci said he’s been asked as a public health leader many times over the years, “What do we fear the most?”

“And the answer is constant: the emergence of a respiratory illness that is highly efficient and has a significant degree of morbidity and mortality,” he said. “And unfortunately for our planet, that’s where we are right now with this historical COVID-19 pandemic.”
                            The virus was “thrust upon us suddenly and explosively,” Fauci said. Attempts to control it involve “very draconian methods,” he said, noting that the wide breadth of illness it causes — from no symptoms at all to varying degrees of severe disease and death — further complicate containment.

“I’ve never seen a virus in which you have 20% to 40% of individuals who have no symptoms at all, to individuals who get mild illness, to people who are confined to beds at home for weeks with multiple post-viral symptoms, to some who require hospitalization, intensive care, ventilation, to death,” he said. “This is completely unique in what we’ve experienced.”
                            Dr. Fauci is the man. He's not God. But he speaks with wisdom, knowledge, and foresight. Doing very well at 79 yrs. young.

It is a very sad day today. I hope we all take great care of ourselves and our families going forward, because there are folks out there tonight with much regret and much discomfort. If the bug is gonna get ya, don't let it get ya from stupidity. Remain resolved to break up its viral party using any practical means available.

The infection you block, may save many more lives than you'd ever imagine.

T

Comment

• Speaking of blocking infections... or NOT.

I got an update from my friend and their cluster, which they now affectionately call, The Cluster****: they are responsible for 9 symptomatic infections - that they know of - so far. Two have gone out and gotten positive tests. Patient zero + 1 was the main spreader and was asymptomatic when infecting the others. Patient zero + 1 started feeling the pain the following day. Everybody is recovering fairly well thus far. Some high fever, body aches, painful coughing, painful eyeballs, no tastes/smell, splitting headaches, etc., but nobody is headed for the morgue. They would be a statistical anomaly at their age if they were. But it's early so let's hope nobody takes a turn for the worst as the week goes on. Most are in day 4-6 of symptoms.

My friend is "blown away" at how infectious this insidious virus is. This is a healthcare worker with much experience in dealing with bugs.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                Speaking of blocking infections... or NOT.

I got an update from my friend and their cluster, which they now affectionately call, The Cluster****: they are responsible for 9 symptomatic infections - that they know of - so far. Two have gone out and gotten positive tests. Patient zero + 1 was the main spreader and was asymptomatic when infecting the others. Patient zero + 1 started feeling the pain the following day. Everybody is recovering fairly well thus far. Some high fever, body aches, painful coughing, painful eyeballs, no tastes/smell, splitting headaches, etc., but nobody is headed for the morgue. They would be a statistical anomaly at their age if they were. But it's early so let's hope nobody takes a turn for the worst as the week goes on. Most are in day 4-6 of symptoms.

My friend is "blown away" at how infectious this insidious virus is. This is a healthcare worker with much experience in dealing with bugs.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X