Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If it was that it would have been fixed by now. I suspect it because Kelley has changed the counting criteria to include "probable" cases.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Barton county shows 31 total cases, 18 active, 1 death and...calculating...12 recovered.

The cdc reports for Barton county 28 cases, zero deaths.

The death was case #2 who had been reported not to be an active case for more than a week before the date of death. The county reports to the media it is "covid related" but apparently does not report it the same way to the cdc.

KDHE reports Barton county with 31 cases, but the number of deaths by county is not available.

Here are some graphs based on wor may17-1.pngmay17-2.pngmay17-3.png ldometers data for Kansas
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• The two other graphs I prepared

may17-4.png
        may17-5.png
        Attached Files
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Italian Government Calls for Arrest of Bill Gates for crimes against humanity.

Comment

• Some rare optimism by the Washington Post. Although I’m afraid I have little faith we could band together and make this work.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Some rare optimism by the Washington Post. Although I’m afraid I have little faith we could band together and make this work.

https://apple.news/AYFDwgkuOSbi4HLk_v7lmZg
              I agree that it is a nice piece that rejects false framing up front. I’m not on board with contact tracing being the answer though. It certainly has its place to identify clusters and protect the high risk individuals, but I don’t think it’s needed until we reach zero cases, as is stated by the article. LA county, for instance, has had confirmed positive cases of flu every week for 6 years. To think we will hit zero is as pie in the sky at this point as a vaccine.

This should be handled locally and situationally. Large indoor gatherings and travel will suffer as people make risk based decisions.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• "The number of Delta pilots infected is roughly twice that of the US infection rate (0.8% vs 0.4%). With that being said, we go EVERYWHERE. From NYC to Seattle and all the hot spots in between. We stay in a different hotel room every night, ride in dirty vans and cars, and have no chance at social distancing in the cockpit. It’s like we’re begging to get sick- yet our infection rate is less than 1 out of 125 pilots.
                At least I can get to the airport quicker with less traffic."

........a friend of mine on Facebook......

Comment

• https://www.educationviews.org/exper...-his-patients/

hydrox

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    The original, good cookie!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

The original, good cookie!
                      Far superior to Orea

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Your article references Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz is a quack. I'd rather get my medical information from a car mechanic, palm reader or voodoo practitioner than him:
                        https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#7b71800d5fe1

"But as Oz’s fame grew, it became clear that healing was, in fact, not his only priority. In 2014, a team of medical researchers released a report proving that 60% of advice given on Dr. Oz’s TV show lacked scientific basis. Soon afterward, 1,300 doctors signed an open letter calling him “a quack and a fake and a charlatan” whose “advice endangers patients.”"

That wasn't me that said that, it was 1300 docs. However, the part about the mechanic, palm reader and voodoo practitioner were mine :)

Also note the date of the article - 2018. So people were saying this about him roughly 2 years ago and well before his COVID 'suggestions', so his faulty advice in this case is yet another data point to prove what the article said.

Comment

• Mic Drop

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Your article references Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz is a quack. I'd rather get my medical information from a car mechanic, palm reader or voodoo practitioner than him:
                            https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#7b71800d5fe1

"But as Oz’s fame grew, it became clear that healing was, in fact, not his only priority. In 2014, a team of medical researchers released a report proving that 60% of advice given on Dr. Oz’s TV show lacked scientific basis. Soon afterward, 1,300 doctors signed an open letter calling him “a quack and a fake and a charlatan” whose “advice endangers patients.”"

That wasn't me that said that, it was 1300 docs. However, the part about the mechanic, palm reader and voodoo practitioner were mine :)

Also note the date of the article - 2018. So people were saying this about him roughly 2 years ago and well before his COVID 'suggestions', so his faulty advice in this case is yet another data point to prove what the article said.
                            it's safe

Comment

• Europe have some results from blood testing for Sars-Cov-2 antibodies

Spain - 5%
                              Italy - 5%
                              Sweden - 5%
                              Denmark - 1%
                              Norway <1%

MLB had also did some testing of almost all their players and staff and found <1% had antibodies.

Reports that NE China (region has 108 million people) are facing new outbreak of covid. Supposebly the city of Shulan (~700,000 people) has been sealed off.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X