Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Interesting the way the moderation of this particular thread has changed. Once upon a time, posts that were actually on topic of Covid but deemed too political were quickly removed.
    Nothing political about Jake the Snake Robert's.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• So was it only WuDrWu and I that watched Wrestlemania III last night? What a perfect broadcast during the covid pandemic!
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Back to back record high daily cases in my county here in North Carolina - by a significant margin. Testing is only slightly up. Likely having slightly more widespread community spread.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Has anyone heard about caronavirus superspreaders? Evidently, some people are more infectious and can infect many others very quickly, while others are less infectious and are less likely to infect others.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/coron...-what-to-know/
          Last edited by Shockm; May 13, 2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Has anyone heard about caronavirus superspreaders? Evidently, some people are more infectious and can infect many others very quickly, while others are less infectious and are less likely to infect others.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/coron...-what-to-know/
            I’ve heard of this, but I haven’t Looked into it. Here are my uninformed thoughts:

Some people are close talkers, touch their face, don’t wash their hands super often, have excess saliva when they talk, and are very social. Some are less so.

Second option is different strains.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Second option is different strains.
              So far no "strain" has been demonstrated to be more lethal or aggressive than any other. Most likely one mutation is just luckier than the other -- there are pretty solid stats to back that up.

I quote "strain" because most journal papers are saying it hasn't mutated into multiple strains (while lots of articles are using the term loosely and calling every slight mutation a different strain [and it isn't]). Instead, there are over 7,000 different variations of mutations that are insignificant -- and so far these mutations are within expectation. The idea that the European "strain' is more aggressive -- which was published by some doctors in a paper -- has been mostly shot down by experts.

I know that's contrary to what was posted by others earlier, but I am busy as heck and just didn't take time to go into it.

My knowledge on this is a week old, so if something has come out in the past week, then my information is wrong based on not being current.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Maybe one of the more useful graphs I have seen lately. Go here and in the upper left, switch "Display By" from Cumulative Rate to Weekly Rate, and then on the far right check the "Overall" box.

We have less hospitalizations today than we had all the way back to March 28 (though it's still quite a few people). A very good sign! Hopefully we see that slide off pretty aggressively.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• This is encouraging for next spring.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/corona...tibody-covid19

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    This is encouraging for next spring.

Hope that’s true!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Take us off the list of unemployed people. Had a good week of work. Hoping it stays this way...not too hectic (like it was back in Jan-March). Still remembered where everything was and how to operate everything. Just like riding a bicycle.

Comment

• And we ran errands tonight (Wichita). At least 1 anchor store may have been open, Dillards, and they looked pretty busy. LOTS of cars parked near that end of the mall. Target was extremely busy as well. Good to see people out and about. Chester's Chophouse (steak restaurant) looked very busy as well. Very good to see people out living again. AND lots of people taking precautions.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          This is encouraging for next spring.

Definitely exciting, which means don’t expect the big media to say a word about it.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            And we ran errands tonight (Wichita). At least 1 anchor store may have been open, Dillards, and they looked pretty busy. LOTS of cars parked near that end of the mall. Target was extremely busy as well. Good to see people out and about. Chester's Chophouse (steak restaurant) looked very busy as well. Very good to see people out living again. AND lots of people taking precautions.
                            Today "seemed" noticeably different to me. There seemed to be so many more people "out" than I've seen since early March. It was odd, but good to see.

Comment

• Four straight days of record high new cases here in Winston-Salem. Unfortunately, the virus wasn’t really “here” for the last 6 weeks, and right at the time where it actually is here and spreading randomly through the community, the political will power to take action is exhausted. We will be reopening fully next Friday and it is possible that it will only exacerbate the current rise.

Many areas will find they played their cards too early and will not be able to take the necessary steps to mitigate spread when it actually is spreading rampant in the community.

Comment

• Last comment, if another $1200 Check goes out to individuals, coupled with the action the Federal Reserve has taken, the economy could bounce back extremely fast. Like Q4 fast. Anything direct to consumer is going to thrive.

I know this much government intervention pains some of the libertarians on this board but if the federal government provides a “bridge” during this process to the other side, we will likely all be better off (in the near term anyways).

Comment

Working...
                                X