No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if Sedgwick County is going to prohibit gatherings of 250 people or greater, how does that work exactly? Can’t get together for church or a concert, but big schools and big employers no biggie? Seriously? Typical government nonsense. Either force the pain on everyone and everything, or nothing at all. Picking up the turd by the clean end still gets you a stinky turd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

If it's a 1909 Honus Wagner, please send me a pm... that would complete my collection.
      3.12 million and it is yours. I will throw in a complimentary Pappy Van Winkle 20-year for good measure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

3.12 million and it is yours. I will throw in a complimentary Pappy Van Winkle 20-year for good measure.
        Even trade for these classics...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

If it's Pappy's sell low. I will be your buyer.
          Oh if only... right now I have a bottle of Buffalo Trace, a bottle of Blanton's, and on the Scotch side a Balvenie 12.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Oh if only... right now I have a bottle of Buffalo Trace, a bottle of Blanton's, and on the Scotch side a Balvenie 12.
            Yes to Blanton's...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              So if Sedgwick County is going to prohibit gatherings of 250 people or greater, how does that work exactly? Can’t get together for church or a concert, but big schools and big employers no biggie? Seriously? Typical government nonsense. Either force the pain on everyone and everything, or nothing at all. Picking up the turd by the clean end still gets you a stinky turd.

I think most schools actually are all on spring break next week. It seems like they are also preparing possibly for extended spring break. The State School Board has taken measure to suspend attendance requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I think most schools actually are all on spring break next week. It seems like they are also preparing possibly for extended spring break. The State School Board has taken measure to suspend attendance requirements.
                I'm already celebrating "spring break" at my one person office... not sure I've ever seen it this 'dead'; no pun intended.

Comment

• There is a Reno County Emergency Info facebook page (not an official page, but created by a resident). The admin of the page posted this earlier today:

A source tells me that 3 people who work at Siemens in Hutchinson have been sent for COVID-19 tests. One of them is symptomatic. They were at a trade show out of state and have been working at the plant for a week since returning.
                  Someone later shared a text they received from another employee who asked (presumably, their manager at Siemens) and was told the three had taken PTO to New York and are now sick, so they are being tested as a precautionary measure. Results aren't back yet.

Comment

• Also heard this.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Senator Ben Sasse (R., Neb.) slammed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) and Democrats for reportedly trying to ensure federal funding for abortion as part of the coronavirus economic stimulus plan.“While schools are closing and hospitals are gearing up, Speaker Pelosi is waging unnecessary culture wars. Speaker Pelosi should be fighting the coronavirus pandemic, not politicizing emergency funding by fighting against the bipartisan Hyde Amendment,” Sasse told National Review in a statement. “We need to be ramping up our diagnostic testing, not waging culture wars at the behest of Planned Parenthood. Good grief.”Pelosi attempted to secure a funding stream of up to $1 billion for reimbursing laboratory claims. According to White House officials who spoke with the Daily Caller, that provision would establish a precedent under which health claims for all procedures, including abortion, could be reimbursed with federal funds. That precedent would render the Hyde Amendment, which blocks taxpayer funding for abortion clinics, obsolete.Pelosi resisted efforts by Democrats to end the Hyde Amendment in recent months, with progressives being forced to abandon an attempt to “ensure” abortion coverage for people using federal health programs as part of a $190 billion budget bill passed in July.“It is the law of the land right now, and I don’t see that there’s an opportunity to get rid of it with the current occupant of the White House and this U.S. Senate,” Pelosi said at the time, adding that she does not support the Hyde Amendment herself.But Pelosi’s tactics were seemingly confirmed by Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.), who claimed in an interview on Fox News Thursday night that “right now we are hearing that some of the fights and some of the gridlock is because people are trying to put pro-life provisions into this.”> .@AOC talking about the response to Coronavirus with @BretBaier pic.twitter.com/WcXWvI3g62> > -- Benny (@bennyjohnson) March 12, 2020Pelosi went back and forth with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin Thursday, ultimately coming close to a deal, with the House set to vote on the package Friday after the Speaker reportedly dropped the matter.“We’ve resolved most of our differences, and [for] those we haven’t we’ll continue the conversation, because there will obviously be other bills,” Pelosi told reporters on Thursday.

Comment

• An angle you may not be thinking of yet:

Right now the common man's duty is to keep his distance. But that will change for many of us.

Researchers expect, but have not confirmed, that COVID19 survivors will be immune to reinfection, at least with this strain of the coronavirus.

Many services critical to getting society through the pandemic depend on volunteers. The volunteer pool is about to take a big hit from social distancing, illness, and even death. If you're unlucky enough to be infected but lucky enough to recover before the pandemic passes, and if science confirms immunity, please consider volunteering at a hospital, Meals on Wheels, a homeless shelter, or anything else. You will literally have superpowers compared to the rest of the population.

Don't go get sick. If you do, stay home! Get better. And then get out there and help.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          H1N1 killed 0.02% of infected. 60 million infected with 12000 deaths over 1 year.

Coronavirus has 1762 infected and 41 dead. That’s a 2% mortality.

Worldwide, 135k cases and 5000 deaths. 3.7% mortality rate.

If those numbers hold up, Coronavirus is 100+ times worse.
                          IF is right. That's the point.

Worldwide it's not even close to 1/2 million. China's numbers are steadily decreasing by the hour. Hysterical much? Do you catch my drift?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

IF is right. That's the point.

Worldwide it's not even close to 1/2 million. China's numbers are steadily decreasing by the hour. Hysterical much? Do you catch my drift?

What the hell are you talking about? Do you understand how logarithms work? The worldwide infected went up 10K and another 500 died since my post this morning. 500 more infected in the US in the last 12 hours. That’s 100 more than in the previous 24 and 200 more than the day before that, and 400 more than the day before that. Surely you recognize that tomorrow will be near 3000 in the US and 4000 by Monday?

500K worldwide by mid-April at the latest. This will be a 3 month period vs the year long H1N1 you referenced.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• The case at wesley is a man who had been on a cruise in the Caribbean. I think many more from cruises will end up sick

Comment

• Doctors push for treatment of coronavirus with blood from recovered patients

Comment

Working...
                                X