Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #perspective
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Maybe we should all have implantable defibrillators put in as heart attacks are a leading cause of death.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I know there's a bunch of them. Most are neutral to non-beneficial. It's the beneficial (to the alien) mutations that are scary. I've read from experts who say the ideal environment for mutations is in the immunocompromised and partially vaccinated. It makes sense as in both scenarios, the virus is "teased" but not tamed for lack of a better word. Kind of like how certain antibiotics become ineffective over time.

Partially vaccinated people are not the ideal environment for mutations.

Macroeconomically, immunocompromised people ("people with long bouts of covid") are on the whole, less likely to be the source of a meaningful variant. Microeconomically, they have increased risk over other folks, but when looked at macroeconomically they are less likely to be the source.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; August 3, 2021, 01:39 AM.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• And this is why Cold has to copy paste.

Paper tiger.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Of course Fox News attempts to spin the seriousness of the pandemic at every opportunity. It's fodder for the base. They don't care that they just caused a couple million anti-vaxxers to pump their fist to the sky w/ renewed resolve.

If there was a vaccine for murder, I'd be all for it.

Hey Fox News, ever hear the concept, "responsible reporting"?
            Did they make something up?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Did they make something up?
              No. Clod just didn't like what they had to say so it must be "spin" or made up.

Comment

• The more I think about it, we shouldn't drive at all. Maybe there should be a lockdown from driving unless you are an essential worker. Auto accidents are a leading cause of death. We have to do something to slow the spread of auto accidents.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  The more I think about it, we shouldn't drive at all. Maybe there should be a lockdown from driving unless you are an essential worker. Auto accidents are a leading cause of death. We have to do something to slow the spread of auto accidents.
                  We can start by ridding the streets of assault vehicles. Nobody needs a hummer or jeep. I’m not talking about abolishing driving, but we need some common sense car laws.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

We can start by ridding the streets of assault vehicles. Nobody needs a hummer or jeep. I’m not talking about abolishing driving, but we need some common sense car laws.
                    Well, that’s almost counter productive. Jeep Wranglers are one of the safest vehicles on the market.

Comment

• If we would neuter and spay all children, that would drive the death rate to zero within about 80-90 years!

Comment

• Heck we don't even need to neuter! Just spay! All girls! Overcome death entirely within a century. We as a society don't care about women's rights anymore anyway so lets do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Assault vehicles lol... hadn't heard that one before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Partially vaccinated people are not the ideal environment for mutations.

Macroeconomically, immunocompromised people ("people with long bouts of covid") are on the whole, less likely to be the source of a meaningful variant. Microeconomically, they have increased risk over other folks, but when looked at macroeconomically they are less likely to be the source.
                            That's not what the people I listen to are saying.

Source?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Maybe we should all have implantable defibrillators put in as heart attacks are a leading cause of death.
                              That's not a bad idea. In the future we will likely have all kinds of tiny implantables to help extend our lives.

I think the vast majority of aging adult men should be on a daily baby aspirin. Eliquis might be even better. Yes, you'll get a few people bleeding to death, but you'd stop a TON of strokes and heart attacks.

Comment

• All you old dudes in here who've never gotten a high-contrast chest scan should really consider it. Check for aneurisms; see what level of blockage you have... it could be a real lifesaver. Prevention/screenings are the key to lowering medical costs and allowing people to live longer with a higher quality of life.

A couple stents now vs open heart surgery (or worse) later. Think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X