Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Fauci says pandemic in US is over. But we shouldn’t change a thing.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    The virus is important, because it's a virus. And we all need to mask, whether we've virused or not, because it's real, and it's important. To all Americans.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Double masked Kamala just tested positive, after receiving 4 covid shots

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Not much, but he is giving free investment advice.
    Which is less effective than masks.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Is Clod seriously still talking about Covid? I think we've moved on from this sham Clod.
    Not much, but he is giving free investment advice.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Is Clod seriously still talking about Covid? I think we've moved on from this sham Clod.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    I love watching a good triggered session. On a weekend too!

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Yes, over the weekend. To mitigate any potential gap risk on Monday. There was a mixture of technical and fundamental reasons behind my call. And as evidenced by the need for the market to retest that exact area TWICE over the ensuing 100 days (with two rather jarring 10% corrections) before continuing its climb, establishes the importance of that 3225'ish level.

Again, my call was for the weekend only, this is why I made mention of tax-deferred or qualified retirement accounts as they incur no tax penalty for selling and rebuying portfolios. Had someone asked me what to do in a taxable account, I would have given them hedging ideas on Friday that could be taken off on Monday. Perhaps shorting a couple E-mini futures contracts (each contract has a notational value of 50x the current SPX price - 3250*50=$162,500), or buying a couple SPX puts, net selling/buying some broken wing butterflies (for individual stocks with sufficient open interest), etc. etc. etc.

That's correct. You're conflating my two statements. The first indicated pulling out for TWO DAYS and seeing what Monday offered. It was a very important day at the time. The second comment was a general one and pertained to the OVERALL outlook for the next few months. It was a supporting statement of the first, but not a recommendation to leave the market for the foreseeable future. Regardless, "my" forecast was spot on as the market merely traded in a 350 pt. range over those next 100 days. It was the summer, we were at all-time highs, the pandemic had confirmed it was going to continue for much longer, and we had just nearly completely retraced a 35% market correction, which ended up being the shortest bear market in history (33 days). The risk reward for future gains in the near-term was not good.

What seemed like a mild recommendation at the time (to me), was perhaps far more complicated to the average investor and required much unpacking. I would say it is thoroughly unpacked now. Feel free to reach out for clarification sooner in the future!

P.S. As you know, I do enjoy the oft spirited debate. And if you thought it was difficult scoring points during Covid, fasten your seatbelt for finance my friend. You are unknowingly moving deep into my wheelhouse. We're going from Freshmen semester Gen. Ed., to post-grad dissertation territory very quickly.

Oooooh, I see.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied

You new around here?
    Naah...just call me your accountability partner.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Complete dismemberment.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

People who constantly beat their chest and pat themselves on the back as often as you do have low emotional intelligence, are probably not as honest as they let on, and need much lotion to soften those calluses on their hands and knuckles.
    You new around here?

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

LMFAO ... "we were only talking about the wEEkEnd!!#!"" ... "see my advice was great for 100 days!!"

Yeah "OVER THE WEEKEND" .... because soooooooo many deaths were going to surge on Saturday and Sunday .... you know ... "a significant period of death coming up" and all.

OVER THE WEEKEND ... because so many intelligent finance people close out their entire "tax-deferred" RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS for a weEKenD because of a "significant period of death coming" up at some time in the future, but make sure you buy back in on Monday!?!

LMFAO ... "we were only talking about the wEEkEnd!!#!"" ... "see my advice was great for 100 days!!"
    Yes, over the weekend. To mitigate any potential gap risk on Monday. There was a mixture of technical and fundamental reasons behind my call. And as evidenced by the need for the market to retest that exact area TWICE over the ensuing 100 days (with two rather jarring 10% corrections) before continuing its climb, establishes the importance of that 3225'ish level.

Again, my call was for the weekend only, this is why I made mention of tax-deferred or qualified retirement accounts as they incur no tax penalty for selling and rebuying portfolios. Had someone asked me what to do in a taxable account, I would have given them hedging ideas on Friday that could be taken off on Monday. Perhaps shorting a couple E-mini futures contracts (each contract has a notational value of 50x the current SPX price - 3250*50=$162,500), or buying a couple SPX puts, net selling/buying some broken wing butterflies (for individual stocks with sufficient open interest), etc. etc. etc.

Yeah "OVER THE WEEKEND" .... because soooooooo many deaths were going to surge on Saturday and Sunday .... you know ... "a significant period of death coming up" and all.
    That's correct. You're conflating my two statements. The first indicated pulling out for TWO DAYS and seeing what Monday offered. It was a very important day at the time. The second comment was a general one and pertained to the OVERALL outlook for the next few months. It was a supporting statement of the first, but not a recommendation to leave the market for the foreseeable future. Regardless, "my" forecast was spot on as the market merely traded in a 350 pt. range over those next 100 days. It was the summer, we were at all-time highs, the pandemic had confirmed it was going to continue for much longer, and we had just nearly completely retraced a 35% market correction, which ended up being the shortest bear market in history (33 days). The risk reward for future gains in the near-term was not good.

OVER THE WEEKEND ... because so many intelligent finance people close out their entire "tax-deferred" RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS for a weEKenD because of a "significant period of death coming" up at some time in the future, but make sure you buy back in on Monday!?!
    What seemed like a mild recommendation at the time (to me), was perhaps far more complicated to the average investor and required much unpacking. I would say it is thoroughly unpacked now. Feel free to reach out for clarification sooner in the future!

P.S. As you know, I do enjoy the oft spirited debate. And if you thought it was difficult scoring points during Covid, fasten your seatbelt for finance my friend. You are unknowingly moving deep into my wheelhouse. We're going from Freshmen semester Gen. Ed., to post-grad dissertation territory very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied

I assure you it is not. I'm likely the most honest man you know.
    People who constantly beat their chest and pat themselves on the back as often as you do have low emotional intelligence, are probably not as honest as they let on, and need much lotion to soften those calluses on their hands and knuckles.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied

A complete and total lie.
    I assure you it is not. I'm likely the most honest man you know.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Comrade Cold - it's alright, you can be who you want to be in this world. You won't be judged (expect on Shockernet).
    We have a deal! And I'll be your comrade any day amigo!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X