2018 Lady Shockers Recruiting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpwsu86 View Post
    Check out @latsondheimer’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/latsondheimer/st...601997312?s=09
    If this is accurate, this looks like a really nice piece of news. Lair has put up huge stats while playing at a large Los Angeles school.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I really like this pick up, an aggressive slasher with a streaky jumpshoot that likes to defend. I expect Ericka from BCCC to be next

Comment

BTW, for those interested in the tale of the tape Dawnyel is a 5-7 PG. Max Preps is showing her with a national ranking of #165 (not sure how accurate these rankings are).

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
          I expect Ericka from BCCC to be next
          We certainly have the room and perhaps even the need to fill in the Junior Class for the 2018-19 season. Perhaps the same is true at the point guard position although HCKA seems to have options there. Ericka would seemingly fit well into the current mix.

At this point assuming no departures, no de-commits and no redshirts the 2018-19 roster has:

3 Seniors (Sabrina Lozada-Cabbage, Raven Prince, Cesaria Ambrosio)
          0 Juniors
          3 Sophs (Fanny Hakanson, Alyssia Faye, Asia Henderson
          3 Freshmen (Jaida Hampton, Jada Peacock, Dawnyel Lair)

Position wise can be a bit of a guess but looks like the following:

Point Guard - 1 (Dawnyel Lair)
          Combo Guard 2 (Fanny Hakanson, Jada Peacock)
          Big Guard/Small Forward - 2 (Cesaria Ambrosio, Jaida Hampton)
          Forward - 2 (Raven Prince, Alyssia Faye)
          Power Fwd/Center - 2 (Sabrina Lozada-Cabbage, Asia Henderson)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            BTW, for those interested in the tale of the tape Dawnyel is a 5-7 PG. Max Preps is showing her with a national ranking of #165 (not sure how accurate these rankings are).
            From Dawnyel's sophomore year when she won Maxprep's/WBCA player of the week from region 6:

Dawnyel Lair, a 5-foot-7 sophomore, from Price High School in Los Angeles, California, has helped navigate the Knights to a 24-6 record following two wins last week. During the two wins Lair averaged 35.0 points, 22.5 rebounds, 9.5 assists, 7.5 steals and 2.0 blocks. Lair posted her third straight quadruple-double in an 84-30 win against Big Pine High School on Feb. 24.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Wow! 2 straight quadruple doubles. Not sure I have heard of anyone doing that before although in high school mismatches are not all that uncommon. Still that is a very active and aggressive player. I assume that would be double figures in scoring, rebounding, steals and assists.

Comment

Like this pick, she will be solid her first year

Comment

Coach Ewa recruiting off the beaten path apparently:

Recruiting travel can be educational and challenging.....one way wooden bridge that cost you 1$ to go across! Yes I am in the USA

Comment

Huh?? Hope we are pursuing shooters and bigs 6'3 and up. Will need it in this conference imo

Comment

Huh??
                      What's your question?

Comment

Okay, I am going to guess that this bridge was just south of Vincennes, IN and just north of Evansville, IN.

The page you are looking for doesn't exist or has been moved.

Built 1906 for the Big Four Railroad, later New York Central RR, abandoned in late 1960's - 70's, years later local farmer bought it and reopened it as a roadway bridge

Now based on this information I would say we are recruiting.......who knows. Vincennes JC could be a stop. Vincennes had a couple of players who were freshmen last year that might be of interest assuming they are back for thier sophomore years. Ladellia Maggett, a 5-9 G, averaged 18.7 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 6.1 APG, 3.5 TO/G and 2.4 SPG as a freshman.
                        Claudia Stan is a 6-5 C from Romania who did not play all that much as a freshman last year averaging 4.2 PPG, 5.5 RPG and 2.0 BPG. While she is 6-5 she is a bit on the thin side but she might be an effective rim protector and we know HCKA and staff are not afraid to recruit foreign players.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 6, 2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

6'5 is a great get

Comment

6'5 is a great get
                            If she can play. No idea about that. And she is on the skinny side. I have no idea if they are even looking at her.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 6, 2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Apparently there were two ladies in for visits this weekend, I know one was Jada Peacock but not sure who the other lady was

Comment

Has Dawnyel Lair signed?

Comment

Working...
                                X