No announcement yet.

2018 Lady Shockers Recruiting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If nothing else looks like we may be getting a hard working young lady in Jada Peacock (or at the very least a player who is used to being pushed to get better)

Comment

No word on whether Dawnyel Lair has signed an LOI yet. She may have and it just hasn't been announced. As far as I can tell she still is planning on being a Shocker. She has picked up some nice post-season honors in her senior season:

Comment

Hope this young lady sticks for us

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          It is possible she has signed her LOI and it just hasn't been publicly announced yet. Or it has been announced and I just missed it and/or can't find it.

Ladies shox got a commitment from.....

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
          Ladies shox got a commitment from.....

https://youtu.be/MDHazeH73Ec G
          Here is the Twitter announcement on the Wabash Valley College twitter page: https://twitter.com/WabashValleyWbb/...41684985171969

Looks like a good get. NJCAA D-1 1st Team All-American as a 5-8 Combo Guard. Averaged 18.8 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 4.8 APG, 56.0 FG%, 41.1 3PT%, 70.1 FT%.

Makes up for not getting Ericka Mattingly (and perhaps then some). Glad to pick up another Juco for the next couple of years.

It also solves an earlier puzzle from these two posts on this thread:

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...62#post1052362

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...​​​​
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 7, 2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

This young lady can play

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Very nice. Best wishes to Braelyn. I'll bet she will get some attention before this next season is over with. Let us know how things work out for her.
              UPDATE: Things worked out well for Braelyn, though she had lower D-I interest from several schools, she has committed to play for Wingate University www.wingate.edu

They are a D-II school located south of Charlotte, NC that finished 26-6 and #19 in the final D-II polls.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice. Congratulations. Sounds like a good choice.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2018, 05:27 PM.

2018 CAL-HI SPORTS ALL-STATE
              ELITE GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAMS

THIRD TEAM OVERALL

G – Dawnyel Lair (Fairfax, Los Angeles) 5-7 Sr.
              The speedy and elusive Wichita State-bound Lair led the Lions to the CIF Los Angeles City Section Open Division championship after scoring 16 of her game-high 23 points in the second half of a 59-46 victory over Granada Hills Charter in a game that Fairfax trailed by as many as 10 points in the first half and 31-26 at halftime. It was the second straight year Lair has come up big in the L.A. City Section Open title game after scoring 35 points in last year’s win over Palisades. This season for the 27-5 Lions, Lair averaged team highs of 16.1 points, 9.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 3.8 steals per game.

Looks like each team consists of 10 members. That would put Dawnyel in the Top 30 in Californis which considering the size of that state would indicate we are getting pretty darn good player. However, I still have not been able to find anything official regarding Dawnyel signing an LOI with Wichita State. But this article is from May 8th and they are still reporting her as Wichita State-bound. So I am assuming she is in the fold for next year.

https://www.calhisports.com/2018/05/...state-2nd-3rd/

Comment

Really want to watch this team scrimmage, feel like scoring shouldn't be an issue this season. Good defense and rebounding are wat concerns me

Comment

• Lady shox got a little firecracker with this young lady from Belgium. She choose the shockers over Kentucky and Rutgers! That is saying something

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, what about Dawnyel now?

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think we have to assume Dawnyel is coming unitl we hear otherwise. Not sure that adding Seraphine Bastin changes that. If both Dawnyel and Seraphine show up we will have a roster of 14 plus any other late additions that might be made. HCKA still has 1 scholarship available if she wants to use it.

One of the differences between Jody Adams and Keitha Adams is that Jody tended to keep her roster at around 11-12 players on average. HCKA seems to keep her rosters maxed out or close to it.

Dawnyel may have signed an LOI either last November or this Spring and we just haven't heard about it. Getting recruiting information on the women's side of the things is oppo world from the men's side.

I am assuming Seraphine has not signed an LOI since her commitment was apparently just announced and the LOI signing period ended on May 16th alhtough it's possilbe she signed an LOI on or before the 16th.

I guess will have to wait until the fall semester starts and the roster is updated to kinow for sure who is on board. Having 2 very quick point guards on the roster is not a terrible thing.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2018, 04:05 PM.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At .08 #TimesUp #MeToo #ImWithHer

• Seraphine is listed at 5-7. Looks pretty athletic in the highlights mumdaddy316 posted.

Her stats in the 2017 FUBA U-18 European Championships were not all that irmpressive outside of her 16-17 from the line. Small sample size of 7 games.

I think we'll just have to wait and see what we have with Seraphine. Of course. that applies to the majority of the team this year.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Solid pickup, I see they are keeping the over seas pipeline open

Comment

• Nice message from AHCEL

WSU Ewa Laskowska‏ @CoachEwa 7 hours ago

Beautiful morning in Wichita but let’s make sure we remember today and every day....thank you to all the men and women for the ultimate sacrifice for the country! #MemorialDay

Comment

• Here is some actual game tape for Seraphine Bastin from February of this year. Perhaps a bit better look at Seraphine than the 3x3 highlights from 2 years ago that mumdaddy316 previously posted. I think Seraphine is #17 in the dark uniforms. She came into the game about 2 minutes in.

Does this tell us much about her? Not too much. She did get to the basket a few times and apparently is a good free throw shooter. Might make a good defender.

Comment

• Looks like some of the ladies made it to campus this past weekend and got moved in. Ready to see these young ladies get to work

Comment

Working...
                          X