No announcement yet.

2018 Lady Shockers Recruiting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With 8 players completing their eligibility at the end of this coming season the Class of 2018 will be a big one.

Comment

The lady shocks will have to get a big haul imo

Comment

Not on the wish list of @mumdaddy316 posted above but the Shocks do have a verbal commitment for the Class of 2018 from Jaida Hampton who will be senior at East Lansing HS in Michigan this coming academic year.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/07/20/east-lansings-jaida-hampton-commits-wichita-state-basketball-program/493470001/

Averaged 14.4 PPG and 6.0 RPG as a Junior. Recruited mostly by mid-majors.

HUDL lists her at 6-0, 155 lbs and as a SF and PG. That would be a very Alex Harden-esque PG in terms of size. My guess is she will play one of the wing positions at WSU. Video highlights are available at this site.

Edit: After watching the 1st video on HUDL she looked pretty good to me. A really liked her skill set for her size. Now how that skill set transitions to the next level is always difficult to predict. But looks like a pretty solid get IMHO.

Jaida was ranked as one of the Top 20 players in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press as junior on a list that included 10 seniors so she probably will be a Top 10 player in Michigan her senior year. East Lansing is a Class A school which is the largest of the 4 classifications in Mighigan.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 21, 2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Congrats to Jaida Hampton '18 @jhampton015 on committing to Wichita State. Very good person on & off the court....

2:20 PM - 19 Jul 2017

Comment

http://www.michiganhsbasketball.com/rankingsrecap

On November 19th some of the best girls high school basketball teams in Michigan attended the Lady Baller Insider Michigan Mega Scrimmage. The Mega Scrimmage is a premier event to help high school teams tune up before their season begins.

Some of the premier teams included Detroit Country Day (Class B), Detroit Martin Luther King High School (Class A), Ypsilanti Arbor Prep (Class C), Flint Carman-Ainsworth High School (Class A), Detroit Edison (Class C), Midland Dow (Class A) and East Lansing High School (Class A) and many more.

Stars
            Jaida Hampton of East Lansing is a Division 1 guard with a high motor. She can get to the basket at will and also shoot the three when needed and she is a great defender.

Comment

This girl can play! Think we got a good one in Miss Hampton

Comment

From Feb 2017 before the Michigan state tournaments.

Which juniors will jump-start their Miss Basketball campaigns for 2018?
                The best bets are Kaela Webb of Country Day (Marquette commitment), Lasha Petree of Arbor Prep, Jaida Hampton of East Lansing and Maddie Watters of Williamston.

Comment

Alot of talent out here at the Wichita sports forum for these basketball tournaments,hope the coaching staff is out in full effect today and tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                    Alot of talent out here at the Wichita sports forum for these basketball tournaments,hope the coaching staff is out in full effect today and tomorrow
                    Looks like AHC Ewa Laskowska has tweeted a response to your inquiry (actually tweeted 5 hours before your post). Sounds like the Coach's will be hard at work over the final days of the July evaluation period.

WSU Ewa Laskowska‏ @CoachEwa 14 hours agoWichita State coaching staff on the move this week to find future Shockers! pic.twitter.com/GOW3eJrHQQ

Comment

Possible events based on AHC Ewa Laskowska's tweet are:

2017 Premier National Showcase - Wichita Hoops - July 23-24
                      Reign the Plains Girls Exposure - Wichita Sports Forum - July 23-24
                      Mid-America Showcase - Overland Park, KS - July 23-24
                      Basketball on the Bayou - New Orleans, LA - July 23-25
                      USJN's 17u National Championships - Washington, DC - July 23-25
                      Chicago Summer Slam - Lynwood, IL - July 24-25
                      USJN's Summer Final-Midwest: 14th Annual Chicagoland - Waukegan, IL - July 27-29
                      The Showdown - Arlington, TX - July 27-29
                      The National Championship - Atlanta, GA - July 27-29

I did not find an event in Niceville which I think is in Florida. However, there are a couple of events in the Orlando area:
                      AAU Super Showcase - HS Level Girls - Kissimmee, FL - July 23-25
                      AAU Gold Super Showcase - Girls 11th Grade - Kissimmee, FL - July 26-28

That should keep all 4 of the coaching staff members very busy for the remainder of July.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 23, 2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

An interesting and less than flattering commentary on these NCAA Certified Evaluation Event.

While the promoters of these tournaments and showcases may be making good money and perhaps there are some uncompetitive games (which his very common in girls high school basketball as well) or poorly organized events it seems to me that these events still provide college coaches with the opportunity to see more players more effectively in terms of both cost and time than trying to follow and evaluate players on an individual basis.

If a coach doesn't think they are worthwhile they can choose to avoid them.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 29, 2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

The tournaments I personally have seen the head and assistant coaches are
                          Dallas Adidas Gaunlet in April
                          Chicago Nike Nationals in July
                          Atlanta, GA Adidas Gaunlet Championship this weekend

Suprisingly, saw the assistant coach at three of my daughter's games this weekend,but not sure which players they were looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                            The tournaments I personally have seen the head and assistant coaches are
                            Dallas Adidas Gaunlet in April
                            Chicago Nike Nationals in July
                            Atlanta, GA Adidas Gaunlet Championship this weekend

Suprisingly, saw the assistant coach at three of my daughter's games this weekend,but not sure which players they were looking at.
                            Did you introduce yourself to the Coach? Which assistant was it? I'm guessing Coach Laskowska.

What age is your daughter? What are her prospects of playing college ball?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Did you introduce yourself to the Coach? Which assistant was it? I'm guessing Coach Laskowska.

What age is your daughter? What are her prospects of playing college ball?
                              We are restricted from talking to the coaches. Coach Adams was at the tournament. However, you are right that all three times it was Coach Laskowska.

By the way: my daughter can speak French 😀

My daughter is in the class of 2018 and was playing in the U17 Platinum Gaunlet bracket with Team Carolina U16. She had a good tournament and was the second highest scorer on our team. Her prospects for playing college ball is very good talent wise (low to high mid-major) but is currently not being recruited by anyone a la Ron Baker. Hopefully after this tournament some coaches will call.

Some really really good players were there. Texas Elite Prime are the real deal. Fun to watch them.

Comment

What's your daughter name, is she on YouTube or hudl?

Comment

Working...
                                X