Shocker SB at Norman Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooners score 1 to expand their lead to 6-2

Nice throw out of the runner attempting to steal 2nd to end the 3rd.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

We don't see a rise - or a change - like that in the Valley. Have to see the curve and try to hit that and lay off the other stuff.

6-2 after three and one-half.

After four, as Jenni retires the side in order in the bottom half.

Comment

Nice defensive play by Broyles to end the 4th.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

In the Shocker fifth, Kelli leads off with a walk, advances on a ground out, but cannot score on a single to right by Cacy. It was a line drive that the second baseman might have caught, so Kelli had to make sure the ball got through. A strikeout and a popup ends the Shocker threat.

Comment

The Sooners put up another run in the fifth when the Shockers cannot turn a double play. It appeared that an accurate throw by LA would have done it, but her throw was wide at first.

The Shocks are retired in order in the sixth as are the Sooners. 7-2 after six.

Comment

What do they feed those girls in Oklahoma? Must be a steady diet of burgers and fries.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Another three-up, three-down for the Shockers in the seventh. Parker re-introduced her change to great effect.

Shockers 2-7 Oklahoma

Katie have up five hits and two walks in her two-thirds of an inning which resulted in five runs, four earned. She just could not get the ball down. Jenni have up five hits and two earned runs in 5.1 innings. Hindsight is wonderful, but if Jenni had started ... . I was actually surprised that Katie had the start, but I am sure there were reasons.

The Shockers strung together three of their five hits in the third to score their two runs. Cacy had two of the five hits.

The Shocks play Tulsa tomorrow, a 5-1 loser to Ole Miss.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; May 20, 2016, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Very nice job by Jenni but the damage was already done with the 5 spot OU put up in the 1st. I thought the Shocks competed well.

Comment

An intertaining game; I'm proud of the women's effort on the mother-ship (ESPN).
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wow, 9 total runs and a margin of 5. Sometimes Vegas is so good it's creepy.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                        In the Shocker fifth, Kelli leads off with a walk, advances on a ground out, but cannot score on a single to right by Cacy. It was a line drive that the second baseman might have caught, so Kelli had to make sure the ball got through. A strikeout and a popup ends the Shocker threat.
                        The ladies had a real chance here to make a game of it. Against a top 5 team, you just have to take advantage of opportunities like that.

Proud of the way they competed. They can win 2 and get back to OU.

Comment

Game article from the Eagle

The Shockers game against Tulsa starts about 4pm following the 130pm game between Oklahoma and Ole Miss. Should the Shocks win their game, they immediately play again against the loser of the OU-Ole Miss game.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                            I was actually surprised that Katie had the start, but I am sure there were reasons.
                            The article states the Katie was effective against OU last year.

Comment

I suppose it is excuse making and OU certainly is a better team than the Shocks with or without excuses, however, I wonder if early nerves may not have contributed to the 1st inning. The Lady Shocks had exactly 0 NCAA experience going in and I doubt that many, if any, of the Shocks have ever played in front of that kind of a crowd (1,731 and a record for a Norman regional). The error, two walks and a waist high rise ball with the bases loaded may be evidence that the moment may have gotten to the Shocks a bit.

Jenni said that she was not as nervous as she thought she would be and didn't want the OU team to sense she was nervous.

Also a team like OU is just damn good at jumping out to early leads. They put a stat up during the game that IIRC showed OU had outscored their opponents 211-15 in the 1st two innings this year. That is impressive. OTOH I do like it that the Shocks did not wilt in the face of that start.

The Shocks know they can beat Tulsa. Doesn't mean they will beat them again but the confidence level today obviously will be much higher. Hopefully, the focus is their as well. Even though the Shocks beat Tulsa twice this year Tulsa is the 3 seed in this regional and the Shocks are the 4 seed plus I would expect Tulsa to have more fans at the game as well.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who gets the start against Tulsa today.

Katie gave up 3 runs in 9 innings to Tulsa in the two games this year. Jenni gave of 2 runds in 1 inning. Kelsey allowed 3 runs in 2 innings.

May guess is that Katie will get the start but will be on a short leash with Jenni ready to go if need be. Hopefully, Katie will be on her game, have her emotions in check and be able to go deep into the game and if the Shocks are fortunate enough to win Jenni will be fresh for the next game.

Hopefully, the Shocks offense will be in attack mode. They did put up 18 runs in 12 innings on Tulsa during the regular season. After facing Paige Parker yesterday, today may seem more like batting practice.

Would love to see the Lady Shocks get their 1st ever NCAA tournament win.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Working...
                                X