No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Norman Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to admit; I’m quickly turning into a BIG WSU softball fan…

“Yipes, Stripes, Beechnut Gum!”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post
      I guess putting all those girls in the hospital in the fall paid off.....
      Guess you still are a bitter old man who wants to hang onto overblown nonsense.

Moving back on topic, we are one quality pitcher away from being a regional finals team. Coach has done a great job of finding the right fits for the program. Heard there may be a late sign or two in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        LOL - I don't believe all those girls in the hospital is overblown. Are you a parent? Obviously not. Or if you are, must not be a
        very good one.

Comment

I guess putting all those girls in the hospital in the fall paid off.....
          I guess not. Otherwise they wouldn't have won the NC. Your logic is backwards. Not sure why you seem to have an axe to grind, but I think we should celebrate our local champions.
          Much like HCGM, the Butler softball coach works very hard to find good talent wherever he can and then develop it, especially kids from the Wichita area. For instance, Butler had a player that became a 1st Team AA this year that was previously on one of these local club teams and pretty much buried in that program. So many times these amateur coaches just are unable to recognize talent and see potential. I suppose that's the difference between real coaches and wannabes.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
            I guess not. Otherwise they wouldn't have won the NC. Your logic is backwards. Not sure why you seem to have an axe to grind, but I think we should celebrate our local champions.
            Much like HCGM, the Butler softball coach works very hard to find good talent wherever he can and then develop it, especially kids from the Wichita area. For instance, Butler had a player that became a 1st Team AA this year that was previously on one of these local club teams and pretty much buried in that program. So many times these amateur coaches just are unable to recognize talent and see potential. I suppose that's the difference between real coaches and wannabes.
            Ok Mr. Chance, whatever you say. No need to bash those coaches out there who volunteer their time to coach these "local club teams". They do the best they can. I guess maybe they should all just hang it up and then there will be no "local club teams" to worry about. I know you couldn't pay me to do it because it's a thankless job and all you hear is criticism from people like the likes of you.

I guess the KU coach should give it up too?
            Last edited by luvthoseshox; June 3, 2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Moving back on topic, we are one quality pitcher away from being a regional finals team. Coach has done a great job of finding the right fits for the program. Heard there may be a late sign or two in the works?
              what is he referring to?

Comment

Ok Mr. Chance, whatever you say. No need to bash those coaches out there who volunteer their time to coach these "local club teams". They do the best they can. I guess maybe they should all just hang it up and then there will be no "local club teams" to worry about. I know you couldn't pay me to do it because it's a thankless job and all you hear is criticism from people like the likes of you.

Haha, I had to laugh at this one! Hey Art Bunch, if people are going to say you are coach Chance, you should at least demand a National Championship ring!

Comment

Sorry pal, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not who you think I am. A quick check of my other posts in the men's basketball forum should clear up that issue. I played softball with that girl's dad about a hundred years ago, at least it seems that way. And I have a close relative that teaches at Butler so I follow what goes on there. I lived out of state for several years before moving back recently.

Not exactly sure what the reference to KU is about, so I can't address it, nor do I care.

I have no idea what has your whitey's twisted so tighty about the Butler softball team but whatever it is, it can't be that important. Maybe you should let it go.

Comment

Game One of Championship Series

Auburn 2-3 Oklahoma

A three-run homer beat a two-run homer. Paige Parker gave up the dinger in the seventh and escaped a subsequent jam to get the win. Sydney Romero, one of four freshman starters for the Sooners, got their home run in the third.
                    Last edited by flyingMoose; June 7, 2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Game Two

Oklahoma 7-11(8) Auburn

Auburn gets a walk-off grand slam to win this one. Oklahoma had a 7-0 lead after the top of the second, but Auburn scored five of their own in the bottom half, followed by a game-tying two-run shot in the fourth. Paige Parker, having pitched five consecutive days, was rested by the Sooners, and numbers two and three could not keep the Tigers at bay. Auburn had 6+ innings of effective relief by two pitchers.

Comment

Championship Game

Auburn 1-2 Oklahoma

Auburn gave up two unearned runs in the first inning, and Oklahoma held on to win the 2016 WCWS. Paige Parker gave up only five hits, including a solo home run. Makayla Martin, the freshman starter for Auburn, deserved a better fate, giving up only five singles.

Comment

Bummer WSU had to play the eventual champs, but a great season nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Bummer WSU had to play the eventual champs, but a great season nevertheless.
                            As Chris Lamb would say about volleyball (and it's probably true about any women's sport), it's not about how far you get but instead who you get.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              As Chris Lamb would say about volleyball (and it's probably true about any women's sport), it's not about how far you get but instead who you get.
                              Softball and Volleyball are very similar in the way post-season assignments and seeding are handled with only the Top 16 teams actually seeded (and mostly serving as host teams) with proximity being the primary driver after that. So I agree with that observation. However, I don't believe it is the case with any other women's sports that WSU sponsors.

Track and Field and XC is strictly a results based sport regarding to who makes the NCAA Tournament and seeding really makes no difference other than establishing favorites.

Golf is pretty much fully seeded although they it does appear they do take geography into account when assigning regional locations but all teams in a regional are playing an identical course so seeding is of little relevance except for establishing the favorites.

Tennis seems to have one of the most objective means of ranking teams. A formula-based ranking system that probably produces pretty fair regional assignments and seedings.

Basketball is pretty much seeded in the same way the men are but there is not anywhere near the parity in women's basketball as there is in men's basketball.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 9, 2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X