Shocker SB at Norman Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    What's the rule on HBP in softball? There wasn't a lot of effort to get out of the way of pitches that weren't that far from being strikes.
    No attempt to avoid being hit by the pitch is required when the ball is entirely inside the batter's box. If no attempt to avoid the pitch is made and the ball is not entirely in the batter's box, the ball is dead and the pitch is a ball or a strike (depending on its location).

Further note: If the batter obviously tried to get hit by the pitch regardless of its location, the ball is dead and the pitch is a ball or strike.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 21, 2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Shocks just could not get anything going offensively against Ole Miss and the Lady Rebs took advantage of some fortunate bounces and perhaps a blown call by the home plate ump to push a few runs across. But you don't win if you don't score and the Ole Miss pitcher and defense took care of that.

Still I thought the Shocks competed well today and have nothing to hang their heads over.

A good year for the Shocks especially the last month of the season.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

The Shockers are one of three of a possible sixteen #4 seeds in their pod to win a game, the others being BYU and Jacksonville State.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          A good year for the Shocks especially the last month of the season.
          I had forgotten this, but the announcers on the game spoke of Bredbenner and Stankiewicz simplifying the pitching, concentrating on three pitches rather than five. I think that change was a major part of the good run at the end of the season.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but congrats to the BCCC ladies for their NJCAA National Championship today!

Comment

Games article from the Eagle

Comment

Super Regionals

These are best two-of-three (single game followed by possible DH on the second day) and start either Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

16 Georgia at 1 Florida

Utah at 8 Florida State

12 UCLA at 5 Oregon

Arizona at 4 Auburn

14 Louisiana-Lafayette at 3 Oklahoma

11 Washington at 6 Alabama

10 LSU at 7 James Madison

15 Missouri at 2 Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Slightly off topic, but congrats to the BCCC ladies for their NJCAA National Championship today!
                  I guess putting all those girls in the hospital in the fall paid off.....

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    Super Regionals

These are best two-of-three (single game followed by possible DH on the second day) and start either Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

16 Georgia at 1 Florida

Utah at 8 Florida State

12 UCLA at 5 Oregon

Arizona at 4 Auburn

14 Louisiana-Lafayette at 3 Oklahoma

11 Washington at 6 Alabama

10 LSU at 7 James Madison

15 Missouri at 2 Michigan
                    Very, very chalky. It was not the most interesting regional round, but now there are some very entertaining matchups in the supers. LSU traveling to Harrisonburg, VA to face JMU will be a fascinating match up of contrasts.

I tried to watch as much as I could of the Norman Regional. I am family friends with Coach Hudson's family and I know she really likes it there in Wichita. Getting that win over Tulsa was really cool. They are no slouch and I know you have beaten them before in midweek series. I watched most of the Ole Miss/WSU game and that was tough. They have very underrated pitching and they play small ball to unbelievable perfection. I was really hoping the Shockers could get something going because those Ole Miss fans behind homeplate looked absolutely insufferable. In any case, congratulations on the fine season.

Comment

Is James Madison something like 60-4?

Anyone see them play? Did they land a monster pitcher or something? No way the NCAA rewards them with a host unless they really deserved it.

What did their non-con look like? I'd LOVE to see them go all the way. Isn't there something like only PAC 12, SEC and Big12 teams have won National Championships in softball?

Comment

Is James Madison something like 60-4?

Anyone see them play? Did they land a monster pitcher or something? No way the NCAA rewards them with a host unless they really deserved it.

What did their non-con look like? I'd LOVE to see them go all the way. Isn't there something like only PAC 12, SEC and Big12 teams have won National Championships in softball?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=james+madison+softball+schedule :good:
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          You're asking for it my friend.

Comment

You're asking for it my friend.
                            If I didn't give you some crap every now and then, then you would probably get worried.
                            78-65

Comment

Isn't there something like only PAC 12, SEC and Big12 teams have won National Championships in softball?
                              Well, this is a little tricky. Since the NCAA took over the softball championship in 1982, Texas A&M (then the only school in the Southwest Conference playing softball) won in 1983 and 1987, Cal State Fullerton (then called the West Coast Athletic Association, now the Big West) won in 1986, Fresno State (WAC) won in 1998 and Michigan (Big Ten) won in 2005. Michigan was the first school east of the Mississippi to win the championship. Oklahoma (Big 12) won in 2000 and 2013. Alabama was the first SEC school to win with a title in 2012. Florida has won the past two years.

Because so few conferences supported women's athletics, UCLA won its first three titles (1982, 1884, 1985) as members of the women's-only Western Collegiate Athletic Association. They had a pitcher in that era named Debbie Doom, quite apt. She was 6' 5" and she .. could .. bring it.

Comment

Still amazed by Tim Walton's record at Florida. Finishing his 11th season since leaving WSU, he's 554-119 for the Gators.

11 seasons....EIGHT WCWS appearances. EIGHT out of 11. 2 Championships and two 2nd place trophies (so far as he has the Gators favored to 3peat).

I'm not surprised that he's won because I didn't think he was good.....he's great, it's just that he's won that much. Those numbers are incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X