No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Norman Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One game, one inning, one at-bat, one pitch at a time...

If the girls can break it down to the smallest measures and not get ahead of themselves, they'll be fine. It might not result in wins, but softball/baseball can be weird and unpredictable.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      @flyingMoose do you know where on can find the season stats on OU softball? I went to OU's athletic web site but I am not finding them.
      When I put up the thread of our game with them earlier this season, I could not find any individual stats. For some reason, Coach Gasso does not want them up.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        In that year, twelve teams played in eight Regionals.
        And ... they used a white ball and pitched from forty feet!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          And ... they used a white ball and pitched from forty feet!
          Yellow and 43 clearly made to try to inject a bit more offense in the game.

Comment

Good luck in Norman! I am glad to see the best team in the Valley this year win the conference tournament and move on. Definitely an uphill battle against OU and Parker but this isn't a vintage OU team i don't think. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Have 2 GA all session tickets (Fri, Sat & Sun) to Norman Regional for sale at face value $27.50 each. I have 2 for myself and just want some other Shocker fans in the stands with me. Go Shocks!

Comment

The Norman Regional opens Friday with a 530pm game between Ole Miss and Tulsa to be followed by the game between the Shockers and Oklahoma.

Ole Miss has a season record of 39-20 with a record of 11-13 in the SEC, the strongest conference in the country with eleven teams in the NCAA Tournament, eight of those receiving National Seeds. This is the first year ever for Ole Miss in the Tournament. Another milestone is their victory over Georgia in the SEC Tournament, their first win ever in that tournament. They lost to #1 Seed Florida by a score of 1-0 in the next round.

The leader in the circle for the Rebels is Madi Osias who has an ERA of 2.95 with a WHIP of 1.17. The other pitcher of note is Elisha Jahnke with an ERA of 3.97 and a WHIP of 1.59.

Although no one has an OPS of .900 or better, Miranda Strother, Dakota Matiko, Hailey Lunderman and Elantra Cox all have an OPS greater than .800. Although neither the pitching or hitting stats are jump out at you (except possibly Osias), note that almost half of their games are in the very tough SEC.

Tulsa finished with a season record of 35-19 and a 9-9 mark in the American Athletic Conference. They closed out their regular season by winning the conference tournament with three shutouts, including both #25 ranked Central Florida and #24 Southern Florida. Early in May, they lost to Oklahoma by a score of 4-1. The Shockers defeated Tulsa 11-3 and 7-5 in their home-and-home series.

Shelby Estocado is the leader on offense for the Golden Hurricane with an OPS of 1.011 and eleven home runs. Juli Hollingsworth and Maddie Withee (six home runs) both have an OPS just below .900.

Caitlin Sill (ERA of 1.72 and WHIP of 1.34) and Emily Watson (2.31 and 1.18) are the pitchers to note.

Oklahoma, the #3 National Seed, has a season record of 47-7 and a record of 17-1 in the Big 12. They enter the post-season with a 22-game winning streak. The Sooners defeated the Shocks 10-1 in five innings earlier this year. Cobbled off the Big 12 stats page, we have the following for Oklahoma.

Paige Parker has over half of their innings. Her ERA is 1.45 with a WHIP of 0.83. Kelsey Stevens (3.37 and 1.14) and Jayden Chestnut (2.88 and 1.29) also see time in the circle.

The offensive leader is Erin Miller who has an OPS of 1.173 and nine homers. Shay Knighten follows with an OPS of 1.101 and eleven home runs, and Fale Aviu with eight homers and an OPS of .979. Sydney Romero and Nicole Pendly each have an OPS near .900.

The Shockers now have a record of 35-19 and finished 18-6 in the Valley. The offense (back to full-season stats now) is led by Macklin with an OPS of 1.126 and ten home runs, PaigeL (1.125 and eleven homers), Cacy (1.105 and fourteen homers) and LA (1.007 and eight home runs). Brittany and Liz have an OPS a little above and below .900 respectively.

Jenni has an ERA of 3.16 and a WHIP of 1.53. Katie's numbers are 4.28 and 1.60.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; May 20, 2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Game-day article

Comment

Game time vs OU tonight is 8:00pm and will be televised on ESPN.

Comment

This web site has the Shocker a 4.5 run underdog to the Sooners. Actually closer than I would expect. The over/under on runs scored is 9.5. The bets is $120 to win a $100 on the over/under either way.

On the money line you would have to bet $1,200 on OU to win a $100. Wheres a $100 bet on the Shocks would win you $600. Perhaps that best indicates the Shocks chances in this game. Otherwise known as a long shot.

The most lopsided money line on the board is Tennessee (-7500) vs Marist (+2500).

Comment

@WuDrWu: your mail box is full.

Comment

At 8:06, I decided to switch from the baseball game to the softball game. DO NOT DO THIS! The pitcher for Nebraska requires a wide-angle lens to get all of her in the frame for TV. She is one big girl.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Welp, it's been a tough night so far for the Shockers. Down 5-0 in the bottom of the 2nd.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Don't count out those Shocks. Now it's a 3-run ballgame.

5-2 heading into the bottom of the 3rd.

Jenny Brooks making a difference.
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

In the Shocker third, Brittany single, Cacy double scoring Brittany and advance to third on the throw or error on wild throw, Liz single scoring Cacy.

5-2 Sooners after two and one-half.

Katie did not locate the ball, and Jenni relieved in the bottom of the first.

Comment

Working...
                                X