Wichita State WBB - Miscellaneous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    In the past, the response has been that when the number of posts justifies it, a separate forum is created. The Admins make the decision when the number is sufficient.
    My guess is not just the number of posts but also the number of views and the number of members participating. One guy who makes a lot of posts, like that damn 1972Shocker, probably won't get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      My guess is not just the number of posts but also the number of views and the number of members participating. One guy who makes a lot of posts, like that damn 1972Shocker, probably won't get it done.
      Yeah, I check the softball threads every two minutes during the season, but that hasn't helped. :)

Comment

Coach Adams gets contract extension through 2019.

Comment

Sounds like a hell of a good deal for Jody. Either she or her agent are damn good negotiators. Hopefully, this significant commitment by the Shockers will pay off in the long run. Obviously Sexton and Endicott believe pretty strongly in Jody.

Comment

Back to back championships and NCAA appearances for a program that had none of either previously deserves a high level of compensation in my book.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Back to back championships and NCAA appearances for a program that had none of either previously deserves a high level of compensation in my book.
              Agreed. Sexton continues to send the message that WSU coaches will be taken care of, and the WSU athletic department intends to be big-time across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                It certainly deserves some reward, no doubt. The question is how much is fair and enough. I would point out that the Valley was quite weak in both of the past two years and in both years the Shocks blew nice leads down the stretch to end up with co-championships instead of outright championships. Two years ago we were blown out in our 1st round NCAA game. This year we were quite competitive in our 1st round loss to Penn State. That is certainly a positive.

There has been a lot of player turnover. However, the reasons for that can be many and vary from player to player. I am pleased that Dana Eikenberg has moved on.

I expect another championship year this year from the Shocks. Jody will show whether she is worth her salt once Alex Harden, perhaps the best female player to ever wear a Shocker uniform, moves on after this season.

I certainly don't blame Jody for getting everything she can get. Hopefully, program economics have improved or will improve commensurate with Jody's improving situation.

I certainly hope the investment in Jody pays off over the long-term.

Question: How does this deal for Jody compare to Lambo's contract? At this point Jody's resume is not nearly as long or strong as Lambo's. Perhaps Lambo is also in-line for some contract enhancements.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 23, 2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Perhaps Lambo is also in-line for some contract enhancements.
                  I definitely second this motion.

Comment

Third it.

Comment

It certainly deserves some reward, no doubt. The question is how much is fair and enough. I would point out that the Valley was quite weak in both of the past two years and in both years the Shocks blew nice leads down the stretch to end up with co-championships instead of outright championships.
                      I understand what you are saying. I think we were all disappointed that we couldn't close the deal and get outright championships. However, if you take a different perspective, then. . . .Two years ago we were picked to finish 4th in the MVC and we were regular season co-champions and also tournament champions. . . .Last year we were picked to finish 2nd in the MVC and again we were regular season co-champions and also tournament champions. Framed that way, Jody overachieved vis-a-vis the picks by coaches and media.
                      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Holy cow.

Boy, to the uneducated layman (me), that sure seems like a really, really good deal. Jody is going to make more than some of the men's coaches in the Valley. Trying to add in my head (so this is probably way off) it seems like about a $360,000 average over the next 5 years, if she stays the 5 to get the annuity. That's big time money....for Valley MEN'S programs.

I like Jody a lot, I believe she's great with promoting student athletes and her successes on the floor the last 2 years are historic. I trust ADES that this is a good deal for BOTH HCJA and WSU-ICAA.

Now, what does Lambo deserve?

Comment

For the record, I love the commitment to WSU and Wichita by Jody and by ADES and WSU TO Jody.

Now let's turn historic into dynasty.

Comment

WSU Women's Basketball

To put things into perspective, Jody inherited a program with virtually no tradition. Winning seasons have been infrequent until she arrived & there was never any consistency from one year to the next. There were no WSU teams that went to the NIT or NCAA trnm that I can recall. These facts were particularly made clear to me when Linda Hargrove attempted to recruit a relative of mine in the 90's who ended up at KSU. So, I've been waiting all this time for a coach at WSU to build a program we can all be proud of. When Jody arrived here, the women's team put together by Jane Albright only practiced about 10 hrs a week compared to the 20 hrs that is allowed, so she soon found out that some of the team members were not physically capable of withstanding the difficult drills she wanted to use with the team in practices. Btw, I found out about the 10 hrs of practicing a week from one of the parents of a VB player here one spring when I went to watch a VB scrimmage. Anyway, Jody had to have a house cleaning & bring in new talent when she arrived. She has gradually built the program into a winner and now she has what may be her best recruiting class here for the coming season! She's doing a great job!

Comment

I am happy for Jody and agree with @WuDrWu: "Let the dynasty begin." Any idea how Jody's new contract compares to Coach Lamb's (compensation, incentives, annuities, etc)?
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

This is purely speculation, but I wonder if this kind of a move has any overlap with attempts to switch conferences. We already compensate our men's basketball coach at a high level and I would believe that if the salaries of your other coaches were at or above the average salaries of the conference you wanted to enter it would greatly enhance your chances of getting in because it would signal to that conference (or those conferences) that you are willing to make the financial commitment to be competitive in their league.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X