No announcement yet.

Wichita State WBB - Miscellaneous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks @1972Shocker: for putting together this thorough overview of the schedule It is great that this non-con schedule has the potential to be a significant upgrade from last year's schedule. I can tell you I would be thrilled with an 11-1 record with this schedule. I know that you said that 11-1 is possible, but not necessarily probable. I think that I would be very pleased with 9-3 or better. It is exciting to see another Shocker athletic program growing in competitiveness and stature.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• The Lady Shocks take on the Eagles three times as Florida Gulf Coast, Eastern Washington and Winthrop are all nicknamed the Eagles.

Comment

• Ready for our ladies to take the court,hopefully Coach and staff have been on that recruiting trail trying to bring in some more special ladies for our program and city.

Comment

• Tonight I watched a replay of the Shocker women's NCAA game against Penn State on ESPN3, and I can't say how proud I am of the Shockers.Yes they had a melt down to start the second half, but overall they played an exceptional game. During most of the game they actually outplayed, out-hustled, out-defended, out-smarted a faster, taller Penn St team. They played with quite a bit of confidence and aggressiveness during a good portion of the game. Jody Adams did a phenomenal job this past season, and I am looking forward to seeing more success in the coming seasons. Go Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
            Tonight I watched a replay of the Shocker women's NCAA game against Penn State on ESPN3, and I can't say how proud I am of the Shockers.Yes they had a melt down to start the second half, but overall they played an exceptional game. During most of the game they actually outplayed, out-hustled, out-defended, out-smarted a faster, taller Penn St team. They played with quite a bit of confidence and aggressiveness during a good portion of the game. Jody Adams did a phenomenal job this past season, and I am looking forward to seeing more success in the coming seasons. Go Shockers!
            The starters minus Michele are back and Kelsey appears to be healthy after her off season knee surgery, so we should be in good shape if we stay injury free and out of foul trouble. Hopefully we'll have a couple new comers who can contribute.

Comment

• Michaela had some very nice production last season.

Comment

Tonight I watched a replay of the Shocker women's NCAA game against Penn State on ESPN3, and I can't say how proud I am of the Shockers.Yes they had a melt down to start the second half, but overall they played an exceptional game. During most of the game they actually outplayed, out-hustled, out-defended, out-smarted a faster, taller Penn St team. They played with quite a bit of confidence and aggressiveness during a good portion of the game. Jody Adams did a phenomenal job this past season, and I am looking forward to seeing more success in the coming seasons. Go Shockers!
                By chance, would you be able to save an old man some stress and provide a link?

Comment

• I watched it on Apple TV>>>
                  WatchESPN app/ESPN3/MVC Channel/Replays. You can also access it on Xbox.

I can check this evening after I get home from work to see if I can find a link, but not sure.

Comment

• I can't bring myself to watch that game again, because I will be way too angry over the officiating.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Michaela had some very nice production last season.
                      Michaela has had some very nice production at the end of the last 2 seasons. What we need to see from Michaela is more consistency throughout a full season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        By chance, would you be able to save an old man some stress and provide a link?
                        Give this a try "old feller":

With Watch ESPN you can stream live sports and ESPN originals, watch the latest game replays and highlights, and access featured ESPN programming online.

Comment

• Did everybody else realize that Indiana State WBB coach Teri Moren took the women's basketball head coaching job at the University of Indiana and that ISU assistant coach Joey Wells took over as head coach for the Sycamores. Sometimes I am the last one to know but didn't see this mentioned elsewhere.

Teri Moren has resigned from her position as head women's basketball coach to accept the same post at Indiana University. Moren's resignation is effective immediately and a search is underway for her replacement.

Indiana State athletic director Ron Prettyman has announced the promotion of Joey Wells to head coach of the ISU women's basketball program on Friday evening.
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                            Did everybody else realize that Indiana State WBB coach Teri Moren took the women's basketball head coaching job at the University of Indiana and that ISU assistant coach Joey Wells took over as head coach for the Sycamores. Sometimes I am the last one to know but didn't see this mentioned elsewhere.

Teri Moren has resigned from her position as head women's basketball coach to accept the same post at Indiana University. Moren's resignation is effective immediately and a search is underway for her replacement.

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=15200
                            Had not heard that news. Unusual timing for a coaching change. Probably a good deal for Teri Moren. I think Indiana State is looing at perhaps taking a couple steps back this year.

They don't seem to upset about on the Sycamore board. In fact, they seem pretty happy with replacing Moren with assistant coach Joey Wells, although it is a very small sampling of opinion.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 21, 2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              I can't bring myself to watch that game again, because I will be way too angry over the officiating.
                              I just watched that very entertaining basketball game. WTF was that call on the reversal???!!!

Can I assume that whichever idiot REVERSED the call was suspended for life? If you're that blind, in a spot that HUGE, you do not deserve to get paid to officiate. That was deplorable and very much cost WSU a chance at a win.

I remember the discussion here, but that's the first time I saw it. WOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                I just watched that very entertaining basketball game. WTF was that call on the reversal???!!!

Can I assume that whichever idiot REVERSED the call was suspended for life? If you're that blind, in a spot that HUGE, you do not deserve to get paid to officiate. That was deplorable and very much cost WSU a chance at a win.

I remember the discussion here, but that's the first time I saw it. WOW.
                                When your right your right, Doc. I was surprised about how little is commented on by media, especially for such an egregious error at such a key point in what could have been an historic upset. And I am giving the officials the benefit of the doubt that it was an error.

Comment

Working...
                                X