No announcement yet.

Aliphine and Kellyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is the Olympic squad a mortal lock or are there more qualifiers now?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      That's a lock. The 4th place finisher is an alternate on the Olympic team in case one of the top 3 is unable to compete.

Comment

Lock.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Amazing!!

Comment

The Assman

Comment

The Assman

Comment

The Assman

Comment

The Assman

Comment

The Assman

Comment

Never get involved in a land war in Asia, and never go in against a Kenyan when a marathon victory is on the line.

Comment

Wow, that's awesome!

Comment

Aliphine Tuliamuk (one of 32 children), Molly Seidel (back from eating disorder) lead surprise U.S. Olympic marathon team
                          https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2020/...lympic-trials/

The U.S. Olympic Women’s Marathon Trials produced an unpredictable team for the Tokyo Games, one with three striking personal stories.

Aliphine Tuliamuk, who won in 2:27:23 and by the smallest women’s margin in trials history (eight seconds), was seeded 10th of 510 qualifiers. Kenyan-born Tuliamuk, who has 31 siblings (dad had four wives), was driving an Uber and crocheting while sidelined by injuries the last two years.

“I did not see this coming,” she said.

Neither could runner-up Molly Seidel, also a first-time Olympic qualifier. Seidel made her marathon debut Saturday, three and a half years after receiving treatment for an eating disorder.

Third-place Sally Kipyego has Olympic experience, taking 10,000m silver for native Kenya in 2012. She gave birth to daughter Emma in summer 2017 and became eligible to represent the U.S. last August. She came to Atlanta seeded sixth, turning out to be the least surprising woman to make the team.

Comment

Repeated from above:

Aliphine Tuliamuk "Making the Olympic team is my way of showing my gratitude to this beautiful nation that has given me so much."

Just wow. If that doesn't humble you, or move you, you might want to check your inner self.

Comment

There’s something about Atlanta and WSU Track & Field. Einars Tupuritis in the 800m in Atlanta 1996 Olympics. Now Aliphine Tuliamuk an Olympic Trials champion there.

What an awesome race to she ran today.

Kellyn still has a shot to qualify on the track this summer in the 10,000m. Finished 3rd last year at US Championships in that race.

Comment

I'm no DUShock, but I love long distance running!
                                Gracias Amigo. You’re no slouch either.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X