Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Something to watch for on Saturday - Shockers at Olympic Marathon Trials:

Former Shockers Aliphine Tuliamuk and Kellyn Taylor (Johnson) try to qualify for the Olympics this weekend.

The U.S. Olympic Team Trials Marathon takes place Saturday at the Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta. The races will be shown on NBC with the men's race beginning at 11:08 a.m. CST and the women's race kicking off at 11:20 a.m. Burnett is in the men's race, and Tuliamuk and Taylor will compete in the women's race.

In order to qualify for the Olympics, athletes must have obtained the Olympic standard time and finish in the top three to earn an automatic bid to Tokyo. The fourth-place finisher will also be selected as the Marathon team's alternate.

Good luck to Aliphine and Kellyn.
    Oof, that would be amazing if either of them makes it! My money is on Aliphine!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

What event(s) is Aliphine going to try and qualify in? Marathon?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Oof, that would be amazing if either of them makes it! My money is on Aliphine!
        Both of these former Shocker women are terrific and both have a legit shot at making the USA team Olympic team. Aliphine was perhaps a bit more celebrated in her collegiate career but Kellyn has done great as a pro.

Comment

What event(s) is Aliphine going to try and qualify in? Marathon?
          Yes. This is the Marathon. 26 miles, 385 yards run at a mind boggling pace the way these top runners do it.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 29, 2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Yes. This is the Marathon. 26 miles, 385 yards run at a mind boggling pace the way this top runners to it.
            Nice, I hope they make it! Would be so fun to watch them!!

Comment

Nice, I hope they make it! Would be so fun to watch them!!
              Not the most exciting event to watch but certainly one that can be appreciated.

Comment

At the 7 mile mark Aliphine and Kellyn have moved into 1st and 2nd, but they are at the front of a big pack (less than a second between 1st and 21st).
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  At the 7 mile mark Aliphine and Kellyn have moved into 1st and 2nd, but they are at the front of a big pack (less than a second between 1st and 21st).
                  How are you tracking this?

Comment

The country’s top marathoners are set to battle in the Olympic Trials Marathon Saturday in downtown Atlanta. It’s a brutally hilly, winding course that is going to test competitors as few trials marathons have before, setting the scene for a fascinating 26.2 mile chess match in which third place is as good as first and fourth is pure agony.

Comment

Not the most exciting event to watch but certainly one that can be appreciated.
                      I'm no DUShock, but I love long distance running!

Comment

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Kelly is in 4th and Aliphine is in 5th after 15 miles.

https://track.rtrt.me/e/ATLANTA-TRIA...n-marathon/14M

Still a pretty tight lead pack. This may boil down to who is the toughest based on the description of the course.

Comment

Kellyn and Aliphine are now 4th and 5th and still the the lead pack that is closely grouped. The lead pack has diminished at bit to around 14 runners.

Comment

At the 16 mile mark, Kellyn moves into 1st and Aliphine into 3rd. The top 14 are still only separated by less than 3 seconds, but have nearly a minute between 1st and 15th.

Comment

So far the lead pack are picking 'em and putting 'em down at 5:25 per mile pace. Aliphine and Kellyn hanging with the lead pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X