Valley WBB Post Season Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats ladies.

Perhaps another trip to Baton Rouge? Would love to sport my Shocker gear at the PMAC again!

Comment

• I predict we will get a Big 12 team in the first round. Great job ladies!

Comment

• After further review we may be seeded a little too low to match up with a Big 12 foe since the league is fairly average after Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          MVC All-Tournament Team

Michaela Dapprich, Wichita State
          Jacqui Kalin, UNI
          Janae Smith, Illinois State
          Jamie Russell, Illinois State and
          MOP - Alex Harden, Wichita State

That would be FRESHMAN Michaela Dapprich and SOPHOMORE Alex Hardin. Great Seniors and the future is bright.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Congrats ladies! Very proud to see both teams in the big dance year! What a year!
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
              2012-2013 The season full of firsts for Shocker Women's Athletics

WBB Most Victories in a Season
              WBB First Valley Title
              WBB First MVC Tournament Championship
              WBB First NCAA Tournament

Way to go ladies!!!!!!!!
              Unquestionably the best Shocker women's BB team ever. Would be nice to top it off with an NCAA win.
              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• The team just landed about 15 minutes ago.

Comment

• Final bracketology. Shockers are still a 13, and Creighton is still an 11.

EDIT: The Selection Show is Monday at 6pm on ESPN.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; March 18, 2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Game report from the Eagle.

I found the following excerpt especially interesting.

Freshman Michaela Dapprich’s emergence in St. Charles was a direct result of the three seniors staying in her ear after she was not recognized on the MVC’s All-Freshmen squad.

“We made sure she took it personal,” Turner said.

Dapprich’s vendetta turned into a 14.3-point average in three tournament games, including 19 in the championship game.

All three of Dapprich’s three-pointers on Sunday came at crucial junctures of the game, as the freshman transformed into one of the team’s surest shots down the stretch.

“I’m happy for them,” Dapprich said. “All I could do is my best for them.”

This time her best was recognized, as Dapprich was named to the all-tournament team.

“The best freshman was the last one standing,” Turner said.

“I don’t know how many times I’ve hugged her, but I’m going to keep hugging her,” Diamond added at the press conference.

Comment

• Michaela's post game interviews on television were fun to watch. You could tell she wasn't all that fired up about being left off the conference All-Freshmen Team.

I like watching her play. She gets after it, isn't afraid to mix it up, still tries some "high schoolish" type shots that just aren't going to work in D1 and plays with that combination of love for the game and reckless abandon that so often comes with good freshmen.

Comment

• In the last 5 wins, Michaela has had her best overall Prouty rating for the season after each game.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                          Final bracketology. Shockers are still a 13, and Creighton is still an 11.

EDIT: The Selection Show is Monday at 6pm on ESPN.
                          I don't understand this. WSU RPI is 12 and Creighton is 25. WSU SOS is 56 and CU is 82. Sounds like an incompetent bracketologist.

Comment

• I thought the WSU women's RPI was something like 61 before the Valley final.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              I don't understand this. WSU RPI is 12 and Creighton is 25. WSU SOS is 56 and CU is 82. Sounds like an incompetent bracketologist.
                              In what universe is WSU WBB RPI 12????
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Not sure what the source of your numbers is. RealTimeRPI.com has Creighton's RPI at 42 and their SOS at 89.

They have WSU's RPI at 58, the best it has been this year and its SOS at 101.

I think he has the projected seedings for the CU and WSU women about right. Getting 2 teams in the dance is a big year for the Valley.

Remember that parity has yet to develop in women's college basketball anywhere close to what it has in the men's game.

The Valley has not won an WBB NCAA game since 2002. Any win this year would be an upset and nice icing on the cake.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 18, 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X