Valley WBB Post Season Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
    It's a step in the right direction. Hopefully, Jody can build off of this for recruiting for next season and beyond. Does Jody get a bonus for making the Dance?
    Jody Adams, coach of the 22-9 Shocker women’s team, won the MVC title for the first time in the program’s history and was named conference coach of the year. Those achievements earned her bonuses that are modest compared to the men’s coaches. Her contract provides her with a $6,000 bonus for posting a winning conference record, $5,000 for her coach-of-the-year honor, and $8,000 for winning the conference championship. She would get another $8,000 if WSU wins the conference tournament championship.

Adams, hired in 2008, makes a base salary of $175,000, which is increased annually as determined by the athletic department. She signed an amended contract in July which provides her with a $7,000 bonus for an NCAA bid, another $15,000 if WSU reaches the Sweet 16, $20,000 if they make it to the Final Four, and $25,000 if they win the national title.

Adams would get a $3,500 bonus for a WNIT appearance, $7,000 for a WNIT championship.

If Adams is named national coach of the year by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association, the AP or the Naismith Foundation, she would earn a $15,000 bonus.

Adams gets a $6,000 bonus if her team maintains a certain four-year academic progress rate.
    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/03/15/271...#storylink=cpy

It looks like she's gets $34,000 in bonuses so far.

And I guess another $6,000 for academics.
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; March 18, 2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• So she'll make over 200k this year. I don't know much about the women's side of things, but I hope attendance increases and the program can get closer to even or even turn a small profit down the road. Winning helps and can go a long way. Does anybody know how much the program loses in a given year?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
      X