No announcement yet.

Valley WBB Post Season Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the game with the defensive intensity they exhibited in the 2nd half of the first two games would be a big plus. This deal of spotting the opponent 10-12 points is a formula for disaster.

At least they have put themselves in position to get the auto bid.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Back to the Alex Harden discussion ... Brian P. said on the radio today that Alex is the best player on the court in every game she plays and that she may finally be realizing it. Bold words, but she certainly has taken on the load.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        I think the women need to win tomorrow to make the dance. The announcers mentioned during the game that the MVC might be able to get two teams in. But with Creighton losing and probably making it in with their RPI, then the Shockers need to win tomorrow's game. I don't think they'll let three MVC teams in. Then again they might not let two teams in.
        Charlie Creme's bracketology for ESPN has the Shockers as the auto-bid and a 13 seed with Creighton in the tournament as an 11 seed. But this was done before today's games, so will it change? I think only one of WSU-ISU is in the tournament - the winner of tomorrow's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          That wasn't even close to a charge, but that was a quintessential protect the stars call you see in the Valley.
          Actually that was a very very very close call and probably the correct one. Kalin was squared up and that is what counts. Very very close but probably the correct call. This is probably the crew that will officiate Sunday as they are a crew with lots of experience in the NCAA tourney. This is probably good for WSU as they will allow physical play more than some of the other crews.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatso View Post
            Actually that was a very very very close call and probably the correct one.
            We will have to agree to disagree on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              We will have to agree to disagree on that.
              Fair enough. My main point is that it was an extremely close call and not as terrible as many on this forum make it out to be. Most of the time this call does go against the defense but this was a very experienced officiating crew that has a great reputation. The charge block call is greatly misunderstood by the average fan. Good crews call the charge more than bad crews because they understand the rule better and do not give the advantage to the offense. The defense has just as much right to the spot as the offense. As I said it was a very very very close call and would be subject to question whatever way it went.

Comment

• nm
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 17, 2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatso View Post
                  The charge block call is greatly misunderstood by the average fan.
                  That may well be true, however I don't consider myself an average fan in terms of basketball palying experience or knowledge. I'm probably at least a little above average.

Comment

• I'm assuming the game is televised. What channel and time?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I'm assuming the game is televised. What channel and time?
                      According to the Eagle 2:00PM Fox Sports, Ch. 34.

Comment

• My Dish Network Guide had it showing on channel 445 @ 2:00.

Comment

• Good Luck, Ladies. Go get you another program 1st..

Comment

• The freshman came to play today! Dapprich 8, Redbirds 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              The freshman came to play today! Dapprich 8, Redbirds 6.
                              Did I hear right that her sister is coming here and is better than her?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Did I hear right that her sister is coming here and is better than her?
                                That's what the commentators have been saying yesterday and today.

Comment

Working...
                                X