Valley WBB Post Season Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    ... RealTimeRPI.com has Creighton's RPI at 42 and their SOS at 89.

They have WSU's RPI at 58, the best it has been this year and its SOS at 101.
    And WarrenNolan.com has the numbers at 41 and 90 for Creighton and 54 and 91 for the Shocks. The real deal also has RPIs of 41 and 54.

Comment

• I get the "ESPN3 is blacked out in your area" message when trying view the women's selection show. I'm usually able to pick it up in my area. Maybe it's because there are B12 teams in this area.

Comment

• Close enough for me.

Comment

• WSU vs Texas A&M Saturday at 3:05 on ESPN2.

Welcome to the tournament ladies!

Comment

• man tough match up
            "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Sorry, figured someone would have beat me to posting. #14 vs #3 Texas A&M in College Station.

Should be a good Shocker contingent.

Comment

• The common opponent is LSU. We lost 72-70 there the first game of the season.

Texas A&M won there in conference play 74-57, then lost at home to LSU 67-52.

Comment

• Let's hope the men play the night game Saturday.

Comment

• Creighton had to wait until the last pod - a 10 seed v Syracuse, a 7 seed.

Comment

• Wow, the Shocks a 14 seed. Their inability to pull out a few winnable, close games in the non-con schedule really hurt them. Texas A&M, the 2011 NCAA Champion, will be a very tough opponent for the Lady Shocks. Just go have fun Ladies and cut 'er lose and see what happens.

Creighton is a 10 seed and faces 7th seeded Syracuse in Knoxville. That's actually a game Creighton might be able to win especially if they are knocking down the treys.

Comment

• I didn't expect any love but I was surprised sCUm got such a favorable seed when they split the title but WSU took the Tourney. A 14 seed tells me the Shox weren't an at large which kind of surprised me.

But like 72 said - go have fun, cut 'er lose and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          I didn't expect any love but I was surprised sCUm got such a favorable seed when they split the title but WSU took the Tourney. A 14 seed tells me the Shox weren't an at large which kind of surprised me.

But like 72 said - go have fun, cut 'er lose and see what happens.
                          CU performed pretty well against a good non-con schedule and the Shocks did not. Creighton had wins @#65 RPI South Dakota State, #71 BYU (neutral court), #16 Nebraska and #54 South Flordia (neutral court). They also lost to #30 Oklahoma, #56 Kansas and @#83 Minnesota.

The Shocks only had 2 Top-100 wins out of conference @#68 SMU and home against #92 Northern Colorado. The Shocks simply were not scoring early in the year. They had 5 losses in the non-con in games where they allowed an average of 54.4 points. Of course, Michaela was out during the 1st month of the season with her hand injury and Darice did not start playing well until later in the year and it took Michaela a While to really get it going.

The win over Nebraska was huge for Creighton.

Comment

• Hopefully this is just the first step towards more for the program. Hopefully they start producing a little better OOC and perhaps Jody can schedule strategically to give the ladies a shot at an at-large in future years. She's been recruiting well and hopefully we're just starting to move up the ladder.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Hopefully this is just the first step towards more for the program. Hopefully they start producing a little better OOC and perhaps Jody can schedule strategically to give the ladies a shot at an at-large in future years. She's been recruiting well and hopefully we're just starting to move up the ladder.
                              The schedule was actually more than good enough to get an at-large, we just didn't win enough of those games. As @1972Shocker: notes, we had trouble scoring early in the year and lost a lot of close games, that we easily could have won. Alex struggled to adjust to her new role early on and wasn't playing anything like she has over the second half. Jaz was coming off of a knee injury. Both our freshmen sustained injuries, but both showed that they could be key to our offense when healthy.

Obviously we need to capitalize in the non-con if we want to improve our seeding and not depend on getting the auto-bid, but they way Jody is scheduling currently seems on track to give us those opportunities.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• It's a step in the right direction. Hopefully, Jody can build off of this for recruiting for next season and beyond. Does Jody get a bonus for making the Dance?

Comment

Working...
                                X