• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Squeeze behind the plate again.

Comment

• Strike zone is real tight!

Comment

• Ryleigh Buck apparenty likes playing OU on national TV.

Comment

• Nice play by Ryleigh

Comment

• If the strike zone is that tight I’m taking pitch 1 every AB. Get runners on and then pray for some bombs.

Comment

• Well, now Olivia Rains has 17.2 innings on the season gut her ERA is no longer 0.00.

Comment

• Helluva throw by the OU centerfielder. But Shocks are hitting frozen ropes left, enter and right.

Comment

• Shame on the OU coach! We’re better than your scrub pitchers!!

Comment

• Ugh, here we go.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It is not exactly on point. The shortstop had fielded the ball cleanly and was ready to throw home for a forceout. Addison swerved in front of the shortstop and ducked down a little bit. This caused the shortstop to double-clutch but no contact between Addison and the shortstop was made as far as I could tell. In fact, the shortstop did complete the throw to the plate after double-clutching and the throw did in fact beat the runner for a forceout. But I guess by that time the ump had already declared a dead ball.

So the result of the call basically was the same as if she had been hit by a batted ball and the result is also the same as if no call had been made. An additional out and the bases still loaded. But maybe this rule, while not exactly on point is the closest thing covered. I was just surprised to see Neleigh 4-4 in the box score.
                      I looked for the wording that describes the situation you described but couldn't find it. But we still agree - logically there should not be a hit awarded here despite any scoring rule.

Comment

• Our pitching will be the death of us. Warm up Martinez.

Comment

• You can't give all this free stuff to us, and you certainly cannot do that for Oklahoma.

Comment

• Feels like the strike zone is a 2 inch x 2 inch square.. everything else is a ball. Basically have to throw meat balls to get a called strike

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              You can't give all this free stuff to us, and you certainly cannot do that for Oklahoma.
                              Pitching similar to how we did when we played them in Wichita. Tentative and behind in the count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Feels like the strike zone is a 2 inch x 2 inch square.. everything else is a ball. Basically have to throw meat balls to get a called strike
                                I am not picking on this particular post, because there were several much like it last night. Knowing a couple of D-I umpires, I learned that these umps are graded. If they consistently call a pitch two inches off the plate a strike, they are never going to have the opportunity to do NCAA Tournament games. If you want to move up the food chain, you call the zone the powers-that-be want.

Comment

Working...
                                X