2021 NCAA SB Regionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    I am not picking on this particular post, because there were several much like it last night. Knowing a couple of D-I umpires, I learned that these umps are graded. If they consistently call a pitch two inches off the plate a strike, they are never going to have the opportunity to do NCAA Tournament games. If you want to move up the food chain, you call the zone the powers-that-be want.
    Both yours and my statement can be correct at the same time lol

Comment

• Addison just missed that one. As did Neleigh. Both taking the centerfielder to the wall in pretty much straightaway center.

Comment

• OU decided to take a little batting practice before hosting th super regional.

Comment

• Time for Hailey Martinez?

Comment

• Are you allowed to throw in the towel?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Time for Hailey Martinez?
              No, Coach Bredbenner, Left Martinez off of the Regional roster. The shocks only carried 3 pitchers on the roster this weekend.

Comment

• Hey we didn’t get run ruled, sort of…..

Comment

• I’m ready to revisit the why we don’t recruit Butler Grizzly pitchers question.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Hey we didn’t get run ruled, sort of…..
                    Yeah, as it turned out I kinda wish Neleigh had not hit her home run.

Comment

• You hate to end your season on such a sour note. Clearly our pitching was simply overmatched agains OU's hitters.

That said it was a very good year for the Shockers and congratulations and a big thank you to this senior class playing key roles in getting the Shockers to their only 2 regional finals in school history. They will be very tough to replace. Bailey Lange, Madison Perrigan, Ryleigh Buck, Bailee NIckerson, Kaylee Huecker and little used Hailey Martinez will be moving onl

Comment

I’m ready to revisit the why we don’t recruit Butler Grizzly pitchers question.
                        That is a good question and there is something going on there that most of us don't understand. At least I sure don't.

Comment

I’m ready to revisit the why we don’t recruit Butler Grizzly pitchers question.
                          Maybe because HCKB doesn't seem to recruit Juco players at all.

In her 10 years at Wichita State she has had one juco player on the roster. Morgan Palmer a light hitting outfielder out of Seminole State in Oklahoma. And not sure Morgan was recruited or was a walk-on.

She has had a few D-1 transfers. Asea Webber from Oklahoma State, Bailey Lange from Northern Iowa and Ryleigh Buck from Central Florida and Erin McDonald from LaTech.

Otherwise it been recruiting the high school ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Maybe because HCKB doesn't seem to recruit Juco players at all.

In her 10 years at Wichita State she has had one juco player on the roster. Morgan Palmer a light hitting outfielder out of Seminole State in Oklahoma. And not sure Morgan was recruited or was a walk-on.

She has had a few D-1 transfers. Asea Webber from Oklahoma State, Bailey Lange from Northern Iowa and Ryleigh Buck from Central Florida and Erin McDonald from LaTech.

Otherwise it been recruiting the high school ranks.
                            I don’t know how good BCCC is, but if HCB wants to continue at a high level, she needs to replace her players who are leaving. She may not want to recruit over her young players but pitching looks very weak next year.

Comment

• Moved to the 21-22 Outlook thread.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• In our two games against OU, we scored five and then three runs against their top three pitchers. It will be interesting to compare what other teams do against their staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X