No announcement yet.

2021 NCAA SB Regionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record I still think they got screwed on the seeding, not that that's anything new for WSU.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

If either of 2 50/50 umpire calls goes WSU’s way in the OU 5th inning, OU doesn’t get the 3 run home run.

Comment

Proud of these ladies! Further evidence we got screwed with our assignment. Sometimes, there are moral victories. The amount of eyes on that game watching our team going toe to toe with the juggernaut is only going to help name recognition and recruiting.

Not sure what we will have left in the tank later tonight, but a statement was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
          If either of 2 50/50 umpire calls goes WSU’s way in the OU 5th inning, OU doesn’t get the 3 run home run.
          Are you referring to the strikes on the 9 spot hitter or something else?

Comment

South Florida eliminates Baylor in the Florida Regional with a 5-0 win behind a Georgina Corrick no-hitter. Corrick allowed 1 walk and another runner reached on an error.

South Florida plays South Alabama tonight for another shot at Florida on Sunday.

UCF lost to host Florida State in the winner's bracket game 3-0. The Knights are now playing Kennasaw State, who eliminated Auburn 1-0 on a 1-hitter this afternoon. The Knights, with Alea White in the circle, are leading Kennesaw State 2-0 into the 7th inning. KSU has put runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in the top of the 7th but a pop up to the 2nd baseman ends the game. UCF gets another shot at Florida State tomorrow.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Proud of these ladies! Further evidence we got screwed with our assignment. Sometimes, there are moral victories. The amount of eyes on that game watching our team going toe to toe with the juggernaut is only going to help name recognition and recruiting.

Not sure what we will have left in the tank later tonight, but a statement was made.
              Not only does WSU get screwed with the seeding, but so does OU too. OU is on a different level so it’s not as severe or detrimental as it normally would be but they probably shouldn’t be playing a team as good as WSU in their regional.

Extremely good showing on national tv. Great effort. No one likes moral victories but that’s way better than I thought they’d do.

**** the NCAA. Idiots.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Quite a bit tougher for a lefty to do that.
                Yes, she has to catch the ball as it crosses her body and take the little hop to reset her feet at the same time. This game is so easy to play sitting in front of a screen. :)

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Are you referring to the strikes on the 9 spot hitter or something else?
                  Possibly the steal. I thought she tagged her helmet before she touched 2nd. That was before the 3 run homer. Was hard to see on the replay though

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                    Her ERA is pretty high for being their ace.
                    Oh, I get it. But she does have the most starts and the most innings. I am not going to bother to check, but I suspect she has more starts against the stronger teams on their schedule. Or maybe not - she did not start against us. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Well, okay, give flyingMoose 0.1% of the credit.
                      Sorry, I am slow finding some of this stuff. 1972Shocker is being kind; he omitted at least a couple of zeroes after the decimal point.

Rather, he is the one to tirelessly talk about the less recognized sports - sports like women's lacrosse - oh wait, that guy left, didn't he? (I hope some of us get that one.)

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

This for sure! I have been trying to advocate for Softball to have its own forum on here for a while but no love so far! Keep up the work!
                        I wish they had a stadium commensurate with the program. They need a stadium adjacent to baseball that connects directly to the indoor facility. They need a real press box. They need seating that makes sense. They need a real visitor's dugout and a real bullpen for the visitors. They need money to do all of that. That is where I get off the train. Such is life.

Oh, and the stations to place television cameras for when we host a Regional.
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; May 22, 2021, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Possibly the steal. I thought she tagged her helmet before she touched 2nd. That was before the 3 run homer. Was hard to see on the replay though

​​​​
                          +1

Comment

Michigan moves into the regional finals with a 2-1 win at Washington in what almost looked like a snow shower. However, it was a cottonwood seed shower.

Throughout the games had to listen to how disrespect Michigan felt to be sent to the regional of 16 seed Washington. So would they rather have been sent to Norman?

Comment

A&M up on Morgan State 6-0 after 4. Just hoping Morgan State can extend the Aggies for a full 7 innings.

Made it through 5 innings. Still 6-0.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Liberty eliminates #9 national seed Tennessee 6-4 in Knoxville. Will move on to play James Madison.

Comment

Working...
                                X