No announcement yet.

2021 NCAA SB Regionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew. Loved the quote they showed on ESPN from Perrigan. Not scared.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Are you kidding me?

Can nobody EVER criticize a person in a Shocker uniform? I don’t think most people felt too happy how that inning unfolded. Jesus.
      Are you kidding me?

Can nobody EVER say something positive about a person in a Shocker uniform?

We scored 9 runs. We won a tournament game against an SEC opponent. I see no one, aside from 1972, showing ANY love for that.

I notice you don’t post in the Bowling threads. You seem to thrive off the negative. It’s a damn game. Played by college kids.

Jesus. Lighten up, Francis. Don’t make me call your mom again.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Are you kidding me?

Can nobody EVER say something positive about a person in a Shocker uniform?

We scored 9 runs. We won a tournament game against an SEC opponent. I see no one, aside from 1972, showing ANY love for that.

I notice you don’t post in the Bowling threads. You seem to thrive off the negative. It’s a damn game. Played by college kids.

Jesus. Lighten up, Francis. Don’t make me call your mom again.

I don't think it's about people saying positive...it's about you playing Superman whenever anybody says anything negative. Just because you posted in a freaking bowling thread doesn't make you Mr. Shocker.

Comment

OU is beating Morgan State by two touchdowns and a field goal in the third inning.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

I don't think it's about people saying positive...it's about you playing Superman whenever anybody says anything negative. Just because you posted in a freaking bowling thread doesn't make you Mr. Shocker.
            You are correct, sir. That does not make me Mr. Shocker.

I don’t post in the bowling threads.

But those who do nothing but run down 18, 19, 20 year old kids, and then claim to be fans. What does that make them??

Surely not Mr. Shocker either.

I would rather cheer on these young STUDENT athletes to give their best, leave it all on the field/court/pitch/lane and look back and smile as they graduate Wichita State University with a degree and start their lives.

What a poor, pathetic excuse for a life those who can’t do that must lead. I pity them.
            Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; May 21, 2021, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              OU is beating Morgan State by two touchdowns and a field goal in the third inning.
              Unbelievable (not really)

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

LMAO. That goob really just dropped bowling down in here.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Host Arizona State eliminated in the Tempe regional. After beating SIU on Thursday 7-4, they dropped games to Virginia Tech 2-8 and to BYU 8-9 on Friday.

Barring a miracle against OU tomorrow afternoon the Shocks are likely heading for a rematch against Texas A&M on Saturday night to for the right to face the mighty Sooners on Sunday.

It's not just that OU is an offensive juggernaut but they also have very good pitching with a staff ERA of 1.73 that ranks 10the in the nation and they lead the nation in shutouts with 21. Not only that but the Oklahoma defense shares a tie for first in the country with a .986 fielding percentage and has committed just 15 errors on the season.

But that offense is just stunningly good:

• Oklahoma's offense leads the country in every major offensive category:
                  • Home runs: 130 (36 better than 2nd-place Wichita State's 94)
                  • Home runs per game: 2.77 avg.
                  • Batting average: .419
                  • On base percentage: .505
                  • Slugging percentage: .799
                  • Runs: 526 (11.19 per game avg.)

• OU is outscoring opponents 526-80 on the season, scoring an average of 11.19 runs per game to opponents 1.70 clip.

• Oklahoma has won by run rule in 32 of its 47 games.

• OU has scored 10-plus runs in one inning six times in 2021.

• 13 Sooners have hit a home run this season, with 11 players blasting at least two.

• The Sooners hold three of the top 10 individual batting averages in the country out of players with at least 100 AB:
                  • 2nd - Jocelyn Alo - .479
                  • 5th - Jayda Coleman - .477
                  • 6th - Tiare Jennings - .474

• Three of the top 10 home run hitters in the country reside in Norman, including the nation's leader.
                  • 1st - Alo: 27
                  • T2nd - Jennings: 24
                  • T8th - Hansen: 20

This is the attitude the Shockers have to take into this game:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Addison Barnard has somewhat overshadowed Madison Perrigan this year with her unexpected power production but Butters has gradually closed the gap between herself and Barnyard in home runs and RBI's. Barnyard sitll leading the team with 21 home runs and 59 RBI but Butters is close behind with 20 home runs and 56 RBI. Both breaking the previous Shocker season records in these categories. Butters has played in 3 more games than Addison. Addison only played in 1 of the 4 games in the Shockers season opening Tournament in Texas.

Butters is putting a very nice exclamation point on her stellar career (I would think Shocker Hall of Fame worthy) with her 3-run home run in the AAC Championship game and her two 2-run home runs against Texas A&M today (and as it turned out the Shocks needed both of them).

Addison wasn't bad today either as she was 1-2 plus a walk with 3 RBI and 2 runds scored. Her only out was a very hard hit ball that the A&M first baseman was unable ot secure and was ruled an error. What I did like about Addison's at bats today is she hit the ball where it was pitched and had two hard hit balls to the right side. I think that will serve Addison well going forward. However, Barnyard might miss having Butters hitting behind her in the lineup. Opposing pitcher won't miss that very much though.

The seasons that Addison and Madison are having also tell you a lot about the kind of season the AAC Player of the Year, who happens to be their teammate Sydney Mckinney, has had.

Comment

This Shocker team has to outhit its pitching. Yesterday's game was the latest example. Since a great series against UCF, the pitching has been spotty. So it goes.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

I hope by my post yesterday, people don’t think I believe our pitching has been bad all year. It was made in relation to the game, which we hadn’t won yet.

72 and Moose, thank you for the continued great work which I believe is partially responsible for the increased awareness of “minor” sports here on campus. The board is truly lucky to have you.

Comment

72 and Moose, thank you for the continued great work which I believe is partially responsible for the increased awareness of “minor” sports here on campus. The board is truly lucky to have you.
                              THIS!!

Comment

I hope by my post yesterday, people don’t think I believe our pitching has been bad all year. It was made in relation to the game, which we hadn’t won yet.

Thanks for the compliment but with all due respect i doubt that what I have been doing on Shockernet has made much of an impact. The work of the coaches and athletes deserve 100% of the credit. Well, okay, give flyingMoose 0.1% of the credit.

I will say fI thought that the Shocker contingent that was at the A&M game in Norman was pretty impressive. One advantage of having the gold/yellow in our school colors is it stands out in most crowds.

As far as interest in this year's softball team goess, fans (like chics) dig the long ball.and this year's team has takent that to a level never seen even with binoculars at Wichita State. Right now the Shocks are sitting at 96 home runs vs the previous record sent in 2018 of 59 and that was only the 5th time the Shocks have hit more than 50 home runs in a season). They have at least 2 games left. Would love to see them get to the century mark. In any case, I have a feeling that is record that may stand ofr a long while.

As far a pitching goes the Shocks pitching I think can best be described as inconsistent. One thing it is not is overpowering. With Bailey Lange moving on the ptiching next year will be a big question mark. I think Caitlyn Bingham has the talent but she perhaps leads in lack of consistency. Erin McDonald is a very nice, upbeat young lady that you love to have on your team. However, she probably has to be almost perfect with her command to be effective and even the better teams are a challenge for her.

The Shocks are losing some very key players in this senior class including Bailey Lange, Madison Perrigan, Ryleigh Buck, Kaylee Huecker and Bailee Nickerson. This is not only a loss of a lot of talent and experience but is a big loss of leadership. The Shockers have played (so far) 252 games during Madison Perrigan's time as a Shocker. She has played in all 252 games and started in all but one of those games at the very tough catcher position.

It will be interesting to see how HCKB and staff go about filling the gaping holes left by these seniors.

Speaking of staff I wonder what will come of 2-year Shocker grad assistant Presley Bell. Does she get an extra Covid year if she wants it? If Pressley moves on will HCKB try to find a pitching coach or will she be "encouraged" to do without for economic reasons? Will Presley be retained as the piching coach?

At the very least I think it's safe to say this will be a very different team next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X