Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted by author.

Comment

• I heard the vb team is pretty nice,I'm just ready to see our team handle business this season

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
        I heard the vb team is pretty nice,I'm just ready to see our team handle business this season
        Shocker Madness will be here before you know it.

Comment

• yes it will be,wonder what the theme will be this year

Comment

yes it will be,wonder what the theme will be this year
            Just a wild guess on my part, but I'm guessing Shocker Basketball.

Comment

• lol wasn't it like a cowboy thing one year with the men?

Comment

• OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- The USJN Battle at the Border has become a hotspot for teams from across the Midwest to compete in preparation for the upcoming July evaluation period. This year's field was loaded with talented prospects.

Alexis Hughes
                (Kansas City, Kan.), Missouri Valley Blazers: Hughes was a problem for opposing defenses. The 5-foot-8 guard made a step-back 3-pointer on one possession and then came right back down the floor and attacked the lane using a smooth crossover to leave her defender helpless. Add that to her visible confidence in every shot she takes, and it's easy to see why Missouri State was excited to get an early verbal commitment. Hughes will give the Bears another scoring perimeter threat in the competitive Missouri Valley Conference.

Got away

Alexis Hughes

Guard

CLASS: 2013

SCOUTS GRADE

• Kansas City, KSHometown
                • Bishop Miege High School
                • 5-7Height
                • —Weight
                • —Overall Rank
                • 72Position Rank

StatusVerbal

Also Considered

ESPN Player Evaluations

Derby Classic-July 10: She can handle the ball under pressure and has the speed to get the basket. Has a nice step back 3-point shot. (Bodine)
                Last edited by kc_recruits; September 23, 2012, 09:45 PM. Reason: Hard to see comment

Comment

• She was interested in WSU. Got an offer from WSU after club ball teammate Alexis Hughes and Wichita Native Katie Palmer committed to MSU and former club ball teammate Kennedy Kirkpatrick of Lawrence Free State commited to Wisconsin Green-Bay. Offer got pulled because she did not go to elite camp and did not show staff she was interested. Iowa State and Arkansas are in the running. Got interest from FSU, Duke, Clemson, Louisville, MU, KU, KSU, Tex, and Purdue.

She is Haliegh Lankster with a better handle and range.

Kelsey Brooks

Guard

SCOUTS GRADE

• Kansas City, KSHometown
                  • Olathe North High School
                  • 5-9Height
                  • —Weight
                  • —Overall Rank
                  • 115Position Rank

StatusUndeclared

ConsideringNo schools available.

ESPN Player EvaluationsNAIC-Oct. 10: This 5-9 combo guard keeps you guessing as to whether she'd be more effective on the point or playing the off-guard position. Brooks has the speed and slashing ability to create scoring situations time and again. Individually she can penetrate off the dribble or utilize a ball screen to free herself and force defenses to rotate. Her hesitation move is strong, but it's her ability to accelerate after her crossover that most often leaves opponents trying to recover. She's going to have to finish more consistently or get to the line to be more productive, but it's hard not to appreciate the possibilities. Her vision serves her well and she delivers some impressive assists on the break and in the halfcourt. Athletically she's got the speed and quickness to be a strong defender on the ball and off. Brooks just may be scratching the surface. (Lewis)

Nike Skills-May '10: At 5-9 and the overall skillset and athletic ability to play either guard spot Brooks will be a high demand prospect in time. She plays with a lot energy and is not afraid to attack the basket again bigger defenders. Her jump shot her good rotation and she shoots it well. Her follow-up through motion is a little stiff and causes a late reaction to retrieve her few misses.
                  Notes

Club Team: Missouri Valley Blazers Elite

Comment

• Another that got away......

Kennedy Kirkpatrick

Guard

SCOUTS GRADE

• Lawrence, KSHometown
                    • Lawrence Free State High School
                    • 5-9Height
                    • —Weight
                    • —Overall Rank
                    • 124Position Rank

StatusUndeclared

ESPN Player Evaluations

Nike Skills Academy MN-May 2012: Overall solid skill set. A real shooter, left handed. Hits the open 3 consistently, spot up kid. Likes to put the ball on the floor with left-hand. (Clay)

Notes

Club Team: MoKan Eclipse

Comment

• This is your 4th verbal. She is a defensive SG that can shooth the 3 and harrrasses point guards when she comes into the game. She comes off the bench for her summer team and struggles with the ball in her left hand like Jada Lynch. Will dribble 2 times at best in her left just like Lynch. Backs up Karyla Middlebrook (Tex Tech commit) of Blue Springs on her summer team. And backed up Marissa Ellis (KSU Freshman) in high school. Played 8th grade ball with Alexis Hughes and did not want to handle the ball against Karyla in middle school or high school.

Marissa Preston

Point Guard

SCOUTS GRADE

• Kansas City, MOHometown
                      • Staley High School
                      • 5-6Height
                      • —Weight
                      • —Overall Rank
                      • —Position Rank

StatusUndeclared

ESPN Player Evaluations

No evaluation is available.
                      Notes

Notes are not available.

Comment

• The best 2013 PG around the KC area is an unknown from St. Joseph Missouri. Andrea (Andee) Wahlert. 5'3" true PG. Pit bull on D. Really strong handle and can see passes multiple dribbles ahead of the pass. Makes her teammates better. Scored 37 against MSU freshman Alex Hillyer with seven 3pt FG's in the game to let you know she can score, but her defense and assist game are her strong suits. Overlooked because of her height (no pun intended). Club teammate with Alexis Hughes, Kelsey Brooks, and Kennedy Kirkpatrick for 3 years that resulted in AAU National places of 5th, 5th and 4th for 11, 12, and 13u. That team destroyed Katie Palmer and Jada Lynch by 45, and Karyla Middlebrook and Marissa Preston by 38. This would be a huge plus if the staff doesn't find someone outside the area.

Comment

• This is what I'm talking about bro,great info and insight into recruits and who wsu has or had on their radar. looking for us to offer relina johnson of east high and cheyenne bullock of southeast high

Comment

This is what I'm talking about bro,great info and insight into recruits and who wsu has or had on their radar. looking for us to offer relina johnson of east high and cheyenne bullock of southeast high
                            We have one big strike always against us on the recruiting trail. Every time we have a disgruntled player leave the program and join another team, they talk and their coaches talk as do their parents. They encourage others to not consider the Shox. The recruits hear the hype and those who once played for the Shox give the facts as they experienced them. This will always be a detriment to our recruiting until we win championships.

Comment

• I see us having a good year, an being able to capitalize by bringing in recruits that can be coached into elite young women. I know coach adams and staff are continuing to work hard and make our program representable and worth watching again.

Comment

• I totally agree that the number of players who have left the program is a big strike against us. Even the players who stay aren't always that high on HCJA and her staff, but feel like starting over somewhere else would be harder than finishing out their degrees here. Another strike is nearby programs that have had considerably more success than us, and can have thier pick of any player we are interested in for a large part (Kansas State and even Missouri State, who routinely comes into our backyard and takes players). Our 4th recruit sounds a little like Bugs Jones, with a 3 ball. Not sure i'm all that hot on 2 guards who can't handle the ball, but we will see. Somebodies gonna have to put the ball in the basket after Jess Diamond graduates. My cousin played with Kennedy Kirkpatrick at Free State, and Kennedy had no desire to play for Jody. I'm not saying Jody is the women's equivalent of Billy Gillispie, but its no secret she pushes her players, sometimes too much, and that a lot of players have limped through the end of the year. There were games some of our players were injuried or exhausted and had no business being on the court, but there they were. And in some cases it contributed to losses in close games. These type of things dont go unnoticed by recruits, or their families.

Comment

Working...
                                X