Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
    Molly O' Brien was a member of that team last year aswell.
    ?? Molly is from Spokane, Missouri, a small town between Springfield and Branson.

Comment

I stand corrected,I really would like to see us go after some tall thick built bigs. Offensivly our guards will be able to score (darice, and diamond will take games over) just hope the assistant coaches are looking to feel the void. Also its said when your most aggressive post player is coming off the bench (Jacobs)

Comment

On her radio show tonight Jody said they are still recruiting for next year and would probably add two late signings although she did not say what kind of player they were looking at.

She said Alie Decker would probably be 3 and maybe play some time at the 4. Said she was a very versatile player with a high BB IQ.

She said Michaela Dapprich was somewhat similar in build to Molly O'Brien but perhaps a little thicker and stronger and would probably be an effective player around the basket.

She said Darice Fountaine gave birth to a child this past summer and has primarily been focusing on getting back in shape and getting her academics in good order. She said Darice is a scorer and she hopes Darice will help us deal with the zone defenses next year. So apparently, this has been kind of a lost year for Darice, although I certainly think just learnig Jody's system from observing will be helpful to her coming in next year.

She did not comment on the return of Michelle Price but the last time I saw Michelle she said she was doing well and looking forward to being back in the mix next year.

Comment

We need slashers,shooters,and some thick big bodied. All that's left is to see what coach adams and staff intend to do.......3 star talent or better,and it is some talent in wichita in the city league (relina johnson jr. this year 5'11(east high),jada lynch jr. this year 5'11 (shooter for heights) and chyenne bullock 6'3 (southeast jr. this year). Lets makes strives to get better so the city doesn't lose hope,I kno coach adams will make things right...go lady shox!!!!!

Comment

Any new news???

Comment

Any new news???
              I think Jody has a pretty full roster; if she goes to the max 15 I don't know how you keep that many players happy. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                I think Jody has a pretty full roster; if she goes to the max 15 I don't know how you keep that many players happy. Good luck.
                Jody has said that they might still add a player or two, but I would be surprised if we heard any news until an actual signing has taken place (if one does).
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Thanx guys I'm trying to keep an update on making sure the ladies get better

Comment

So im checking espn hoopgurlz to see players available and here are some special ladies......

Emmy Allen 6'2 P overland park,ks (shawnee mission south) scouts grade 88....

Candace Andrews 5'10 PG quincy,ma (tabor academy) scouts grade 86.....great passer does good job running her team. She is a crafty ball handler with a quick crossover and good size.

Sarafina Arthur-Williams 6'1 P Potomac,Md (Winston Churchill) scouts grade 85....has the frame. Plays strong and aggresive,effective off the dribble from the elbow. Very active on boards.

Brittany Atkins 5'10 Kansas City,Mo (Lincoln County)
                    scouts grade 87

Monique Bedford 5'9 Houston,tx (North Shore) scouts grade 91....sharp and impressive individual skills. Constantly attacking with a great first step.

Shineice Beamon 6'1 W Saint Petersburg,fla (Gibbs) scouts grade 92....SUPER ATHLETIC,explosive jumper, tough and strong wing player that defends well and can score easy from high post or wing

Be back with more later,hope this info gets out to coach or her staff. Go Shocks!!!!

Comment

Just a thought @mumdaddy316, but instead of just hoping this information gets out to Jody or her staff you could simply e-mail Jody and/or Kristey Guffey who I believe is the recruiting coordinator.

Go this this web page at goShockers.com: http://www.goshockers.com/SportSelec...52&SPSID=61202

Click on the coach's name and you can get their e-mail address.

Comment

My computer wont allow me 2,someone will have to do it for me

Comment

My computer wont allow me 2,someone will have to do it for me
                          it's just jadams@GoShockers:.com Heard a rumor Chrystal Henderson is not coming back. Too bad, she has great potential.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Just a thought @mumdaddy316, but instead of just hoping this information gets out to Jody or her staff you could simply e-mail Jody and/or Kristey Guffey who I believe is the recruiting coordinator.
                            I suppose you could do this, but a reaction I can imagine is: "I appreciate the gentleman's interest and enthusiasm, but does he think we are stupid?" Someone you had seen personally at a place that is slightly off the beaten path is one thing; names off a list that is available to the entire world is quite another. All IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                              it's just jadams@<a href="http://shockernet.ne...ockers</a>.com Heard a rumor Chrystal Henderson is not coming back. Too bad, she has great potential.
                              I wondered about Krystle. Something just did not seem right with her in the last half of the season and I believe Jody made a comment on one of her radio shows that the point guard position was a high priority in recruiting for this spring and/or next year. So that would not be totally surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                I suppose you could do this, but a reaction I can imagine is: "I appreciate the gentleman's interest and enthusiasm, but does he think we are stupid?" Someone you had seen personally at a place that is slightly off the beaten path is one thing; names off a list that is available to the entire world is quite another. All IMO.
                                I'm sure you're right on that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X