No announcement yet.

Mizuno Invitational @ Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As you know Rice really targeted and promoted the heck out of this match.

Attendance tonight was 343. :shock:

Comment

• All and all with the non-conference schedule that counts being over and we had only 1 loss on one of our toughest overall non-conf schedules in the past several year I'd say it's been a successfull year thus far heading into conf play after the exhibition Tuesday.

The best things so far to me is that we've shown we have a lot of depth and we're doing a lot more different types of attacks on the offensive side. Also our blocking is much improved from past years.

The negative is that it seems like we have sets, and in the case against Pitt, even matches were our timing isn't real good. Hope that's just because of all the complicated stuff we've added to the offense and continues to improve over the course of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        As you know Rice really targeted and promoted the heck out of this match.

Half of them were probably Shocker fans right?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
          Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          As you know Rice really targeted and promoted the heck out of this match.

Half of them were probably Shocker fans right?
          From the sound of the crowd on the radio, that sounds about right.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn
            All and all with the non-conference schedule that counts being over and we had only 1 loss on one of our toughest overall non-conf schedules in the past several year I'd say it's been a successfull year thus far heading into conf play after the exhibition Tuesday.

The best things so far to me is that we've shown we have a lot of depth and we're doing a lot more different types of attacks on the offensive side. Also our blocking is much improved from past years.

The negative is that it seems like we have sets, and in the case against Pitt, even matches were our timing isn't real good. Hope that's just because of all the complicated stuff we've added to the offense and continues to improve over the course of the year.
            Do we need to join the Big 12, Big 10 or Pac 10 for volleyball? OSU has no volleyball; can WSU join the Big 12 for volleyball alone?
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn
              First of all let me say I don't have (and I doubt I ever will have) enough knowledge about the intricacies of VB strategy to discuss what complexities may have been added to the mix this year.

However, would they not have put a lot of this stuff in during the Spring workouts. One thing that seems to be bugging Lambo is that the team was reportedly more in sync during the Spring than they have been so far this year, especially between MEH and the middles.

I'm wondering if all the personnel movement and adjustments that have occurred since Lindsey went down may not be impacting this. Then Lambo puts Katie on the right with outstanding initial results and then this weekend she is limited in her availability and ability due to injury plus Amanda is also battling a shoulder issue which seems to definitely be hampering her play recently.

Fortunately, our quality depth is proving valuable with Kim Wadsworth and Emily Adney contributing some solid play.

Hopefully, we can work through all of these issues and be playing our best VB as we get to the end of the year.

:goshocks:

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                Do we need to join the Big 12, Big 10 or Pac 10 for volleyball? OSU has no volleyball; can WSU join the Big 12 for volleyball alone?
                I just don't see that happening.

In the near term maybe we could see a realignment or restructuring of the MVC. St. Louis and ORU would be good additions for Basketball, Volleyball and Baseball plus with the MVC office in St. Louis the Billikens would seem to be a natural fit.

Long-term Conference USA might be a good option for the Shocks, but I see that being totally dependent on WSU bringing back and developing at least a representative football program. And I really don't want to get into a discussion on how likely that is or what it will take. There are other forums for that. Absent football I'm not sure Conference USA adds much value over the MVC for WSU athletic programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  I'm wondering if all the personnel movement and adjustments that have occurred since Lindsey went down may not be impacting this. Then Lambo puts Katie on the right with outstanding initial results and then this weekend she is limited in her availability and ability due to injury plus Amanda is also battling a shoulder issue which seems to definitely be hampering her play recently.
                  I think we are missing Lindsey a lot right now. After the ORU match, Katie was signing autographs and, while she was being nice to people, looked like she wasn't feeling great. She could have just been tired or her injury could have been bothering her.

On the other hand, Kim is getting a chance to show us what she can do and Emily Adney is getting important experience. Hopefully everything will be in sync in December and the Shocks will make a run in the NCAA tourney.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                  X